Pistons to retire Rodman's No. 10 on April Fool's

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by jaysfiend23

Yup it's serious def hard to bealive Chicago wouldn't retire his jersey also, ESP cuz we all grew up watching rodman on the bulls
Rodman played for the Bulls for 3 seasons, we aren't retiring his jersey even though he was huge piece to the team. A lot of us grew up watching him play for the Pistons btw; I hated him for many years 
laugh.gif

Yea
roll.gif
At the watched him at the bulls comment. I can understand why some think his number should be retired in chicago with being a major contributor to the 3 rings. Its other ppl jerseys that has been retired that didnt accomplish close to what rodman did for chicago so.....

Yea i kinda hated him to but secretly liked him. Like the bad guy you love.
As an old time Bulls fan I hated anything to do with the Pistons, Knicks & Cavs. When Dennis joined the Bulls I was skeptical, looks like fat man Krause actually got one right.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by jaysfiend23

Yup it's serious def hard to bealive Chicago wouldn't retire his jersey also, ESP cuz we all grew up watching rodman on the bulls
Rodman played for the Bulls for 3 seasons, we aren't retiring his jersey even though he was huge piece to the team. A lot of us grew up watching him play for the Pistons btw; I hated him for many years 
laugh.gif

Yea
roll.gif
At the watched him at the bulls comment. I can understand why some think his number should be retired in chicago with being a major contributor to the 3 rings. Its other ppl jerseys that has been retired that didnt accomplish close to what rodman did for chicago so.....

Yea i kinda hated him to but secretly liked him. Like the bad guy you love.
As an old time Bulls fan I hated anything to do with the Pistons, Knicks & Cavs. When Dennis joined the Bulls I was skeptical, looks like fat man Krause actually got one right.

i think his number should be retired, but not by the pistons. by the bulls. cause when he played in detroit he had a totally different role than he had in chicago...i remember him more for his antics and rebounding skills that got the bulls a championship. jordan and pippen were the top 2 players, but without rodman im not so sure they would've gone 72-10 or win the championship

i think his number should be retired, but not by the pistons. by the bulls. cause when he played in detroit he had a totally different role than he had in chicago...i remember him more for his antics and rebounding skills that got the bulls a championship. jordan and pippen were the top 2 players, but without rodman im not so sure they would've gone 72-10 or win the championship

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Maybe they can retire his wedding dress?

Maybe they can retire his wedding dress?

True i mean he actually had some srt of offense with the pistons, and his only focus was rebounding. With the bulls his specific role purpose was defend the bigs and rebound. One would say he was a better player via bulls then pistons atleast from a defender standpoint.

True i mean he actually had some srt of offense with the pistons, and his only focus was rebounding. With the bulls his specific role purpose was defend the bigs and rebound. One would say he was a better player via bulls then pistons atleast from a defender standpoint.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

We will never see another come close to offering the NBA what Rodman did. Dude was
pimp.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Actually with the attention seeking motives of humans being applauded each and every day, I am pretty sure we will see many others.

Much respect to the game though.

Nah. They can try, but not only was Rodman the first to be so off-the-wall strange, he was an NBA great. No one will duplicate that combo. Especially since Rodman was the first of his kind.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

We will never see another come close to offering the NBA what Rodman did. Dude was
pimp.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Actually with the attention seeking motives of humans being applauded each and every day, I am pretty sure we will see many others.

Much respect to the game though.

Nah. They can try, but not only was Rodman the first to be so off-the-wall strange, he was an NBA great. No one will duplicate that combo. Especially since Rodman was the first of his kind.

my favorite old school player
pimp.gif
i never thought of him as a weirdo, just a guy who wanted attention. Anyone ever read this:
518JsrAPcZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

my favorite old school player
pimp.gif
i never thought of him as a weirdo, just a guy who wanted attention. Anyone ever read this:
518JsrAPcZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Anyone ever read this:
Yes. I have read all his books. They are really good. The first one "Bad As I Wanna Be" is the best one though.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Anyone ever read this:
Yes. I have read all his books. They are really good. The first one "Bad As I Wanna Be" is the best one though.

He deserves this, his #91 retired in Chi, and an induction into the Hall of Fame. Couldn't stand him in Detroit, but loved him in Chicago. He represented both cities well, imo. Hard-working, blue collar worker. The league needed a guy like him. 

He deserves this, his #91 retired in Chi, and an induction into the Hall of Fame. Couldn't stand him in Detroit, but loved him in Chicago. He represented both cities well, imo. Hard-working, blue collar worker. The league needed a guy like him. 

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Why / when did he decide to start goin crazy??? He seemed to be "normal" when he was on the pistons..
When he signed with the spurs was when I remember him goin crazy. Hed always have his shoes off chillin at the end of games, had the hair dye ect ect

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Why / when did he decide to start goin crazy??? He seemed to be "normal" when he was on the pistons..
When he signed with the spurs was when I remember him goin crazy. Hed always have his shoes off chillin at the end of games, had the hair dye ect ect

Originally Posted by LDJ

Hmmm, I have to disagree. They even talked about this on several radio stations the day this news announced. Rodman with the pistons was a better defender then he was with the Bulls. This was noted by guys who covered the Bulls during the Bad Boys days and the second three peat.

I don't agree that it was a huge difference, but with the Pistons he was a better defender.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Hmmm, I have to disagree. They even talked about this on several radio stations the day this news announced. Rodman with the pistons was a better defender then he was with the Bulls. This was noted by guys who covered the Bulls during the Bad Boys days and the second three peat.

I don't agree that it was a huge difference, but with the Pistons he was a better defender.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Originally Posted by LDJ

I think he was seen as a better defender then, because he was guarding guys like Magic, Bird, Pippen, Drexler, Nique, etc. But he also held it down on some of the league's best power forwards & centers. Guy was alot stronger than he looked.

Back
Top Bottom