Pit Bulls...I think i hate NT's favorite dog breed

Second article was in PG County and clearly says it's a Bulldog which most definitely not a Pit Bull.

You pretty much covered all the responses I had in mind OP
laugh.gif

"Pitbull" has now become the name of almost any dog that resembles an true pitbull terrior. 2 years ago the news reported a pitbull attack. They showed a shot of said dog and it was a mutt not a pitbull. Becareful of the media and its scare tactics.

"Pitbull" has now become the name of almost any dog that resembles an true pitbull terrior. 2 years ago the news reported a pitbull attack. They showed a shot of said dog and it was a mutt not a pitbull. Becareful of the media and its scare tactics.

When my wife and I were looking for dogs all the shelters were filled with Pits.

There is no way I was taking one (no matter the age) home...you never know what they were exposed to before the shelter.

I am sure they were checked out and are great dogs, but it is a risk I am not willing to take.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Jking0821

My next door neighbor has a little girl she is 9 years old and loves dogs and approaches them all the time to pet them.  Just walks into my house and plays with mine
That's her parents fault, she should be taught not to run up to unfamiliar dogs and just pet them. That's not what you do, Pit Bull or Dalmatian or Poodle. You don't do that
She is intelligent she doesn't run up and shove her hand in a dogs face.  She does the bend down in front say hi see how they are and slowly reach for dog to smell her hand.

It just worries me that the dog is capable of killing her. 

I understand that a good owner can make a good pit.  I grew up with dobermans and i had a Rottweiler and they were all super friendly.  But the women across the street....let's just say....doesn't look like she is a friendly person.....walking around with her huge pit on just kinda worries me.  If that thing gets out one day...rip to my dog. 

im obviously kidding about hating the whole breed btw just if i had small kids and there were pits around with possible negligent owners i would rather them not be there due to the results of pit attacks.   

Edit: you are correct the second article is titled Pit Bull Attack and says in the bottom american bull dog lol shame on me spreading propaganda my bad

My next door neighbor has a little girl she is 9 years old and loves dogs and approaches them all the time to pet them.  Just walks into my house and plays with mine
That's her parents fault, she should be taught not to run up to unfamiliar dogs and just pet them. That's not what you do, Pit Bull or Dalmatian or Poodle. You don't do that
She is intelligent she doesn't run up and shove her hand in a dogs face.  She does the bend down in front say hi see how they are and slowly reach for dog to smell her hand.

I understand that a good owner can make a good pit.  I grew up with dobermans and i had a Rottweiler and they were all super friendly.  But the women across the street....let's just say....doesn't look like she is a friendly person.....walking around with her huge pit on just kinda worries me.  If that thing gets out one day...rip to my dog. 

im obviously kidding about hating the whole breed btw just if i had small kids and there were pits around with possible negligent owners i would rather them not be there due to the results of pit attacks.   

Edit: you are correct the second article is titled Pit Bull Attack and says in the bottom american bull dog lol shame on me spreading propaganda my bad

When my wife and I were looking for dogs all the shelters were filled with Pits.

There is no way I was taking one (no matter the age) home...you never know what they were exposed to before the shelter.

I am sure they were checked out and are great dogs, but it is a risk I am not willing to take.

Judging the womens personality by her looks? Come on dude. Would her personality be any different is she had a yorkie?

Judging the womens personality by her looks? Come on dude. Would her personality be any different is she had a yorkie?

Dropten is correct the media will label damn near anydog with short hair a pitbull , cause it feeds hype and they will use old file footage to trick you and it wont be the dog from the attack and it reality iot could be anything from a Presa Canario to a damn Lab cross .

Dropten is correct the media will label damn near anydog with short hair a pitbull , cause it feeds hype and they will use old file footage to trick you and it wont be the dog from the attack and it reality iot could be anything from a Presa Canario to a damn Lab cross .

Originally Posted by Dropten

I am not judging her by her dog.  I am just judging her by the mug she always has on when i wave at her and her hard-body walk with her tated up arm and her slightly tattered off-white pele-pele shirt she tends to wear.

She could be really nice i kind of feel bad for judging her but you get my point.

And I am from MD, i live in bel air i work in greenbelt (right near college park).  This was brought up on the Mickey Amelia and Speigle morning show on 98 rock like last week when all the sheep got killed thats what made me ask NT if anyone listens to the show.

Originally Posted by Dropten

I am not judging her by her dog.  I am just judging her by the mug she always has on when i wave at her and her hard-body walk with her tated up arm and her slightly tattered off-white pele-pele shirt she tends to wear.

She could be really nice i kind of feel bad for judging her but you get my point.

And I am from MD, i live in bel air i work in greenbelt (right near college park).  This was brought up on the Mickey Amelia and Speigle morning show on 98 rock like last week when all the sheep got killed thats what made me ask NT if anyone listens to the show.

I don't like seeing women walk big pits because I have a large half pit half lab and my boy is strong. We have a choke collar on my dog when we walk him and I hate seeing women walk them without choke collars. If damn near any woman wanted to walk my dog and he was wearing a regular collar I know he would be able to break away from her if he got distracted enough by something. That's my only gripe about women walking pitbulls. I just hate seeing frail girls walking these dogs than can pull their arms off if it wanted.

I love pitbulls though. Loyal as all can be, and are excellent at what they do. If you want it to be a socialized friendly dog, then it'll excel at that. If you want it to be a fighting dog, then it'll excel at that too. It's all about how they are raised. My dog is extremely overprotective but that's exactly what we wanted and he does a DAMN good job of protecting this house like its his own. It's weird because my dog does not like adults or teenagers but when one of my neighbors let his young child play with my dog, both had a ball. I was terrified at first of what could happen but the only problem we had was the kid getting covered in dog spit from my dog trying to lick him and a whip from my dogs tail because he was wagging it so hard.

However, my dog will NOT let anybody pet him. He will snap at a person he does not know trying to pet him if they have any fear at all in them. Dogs sense fear but since the little girl obviously isn't scared of petting random dogs then that's probably why she hasn't had any problems yet. I still would not let my kid pet random dogs though that's just asking for trouble.

I don't like seeing women walk big pits because I have a large half pit half lab and my boy is strong. We have a choke collar on my dog when we walk him and I hate seeing women walk them without choke collars. If damn near any woman wanted to walk my dog and he was wearing a regular collar I know he would be able to break away from her if he got distracted enough by something. That's my only gripe about women walking pitbulls. I just hate seeing frail girls walking these dogs than can pull their arms off if it wanted.

I love pitbulls though. Loyal as all can be, and are excellent at what they do. If you want it to be a socialized friendly dog, then it'll excel at that. If you want it to be a fighting dog, then it'll excel at that too. It's all about how they are raised. My dog is extremely overprotective but that's exactly what we wanted and he does a DAMN good job of protecting this house like its his own. It's weird because my dog does not like adults or teenagers but when one of my neighbors let his young child play with my dog, both had a ball. I was terrified at first of what could happen but the only problem we had was the kid getting covered in dog spit from my dog trying to lick him and a whip from my dogs tail because he was wagging it so hard.

However, my dog will NOT let anybody pet him. He will snap at a person he does not know trying to pet him if they have any fear at all in them. Dogs sense fear but since the little girl obviously isn't scared of petting random dogs then that's probably why she hasn't had any problems yet. I still would not let my kid pet random dogs though that's just asking for trouble.

Good insight man

It's funny because my mom always jokes that she is like the dog whisperer every animal for some reason loves her, 8 year old on some weird transcendentalist wave length.

Good insight man

It's funny because my mom always jokes that she is like the dog whisperer every animal for some reason loves her, 8 year old on some weird transcendentalist wave length.

Back
Top Bottom