PIXAR & DISNEY ANIMATIONS FILM thread - Pixars INSIDE OUT 2 out now

Incredibles getting great reviews and it's at 95% on RT, but their summary contradicts the score :lol:

Critic Consensus: Incredibles 2 reunites Pixar's family crimefighting team for a long-awaited follow-up that may not quite live up to the original, but comes close enough to earn its name.

Incredibles getting great reviews and it's at 95% on RT, but their summary contradicts the score :lol:

Critic Consensus: Incredibles 2 reunites Pixar's family crimefighting team for a long-awaited follow-up that may not quite live up to the original, but comes close enough to earn its name.

Technically still correct because Incredibles 1 has a 97% with 8.3/10 a good rating >D:lol:

It's hard to beat the first Incredibles.. falling short of that is still an excellent movie and probably one of the best of the year.

It's hard to beat the first Incredibles.. falling short of that is still an excellent movie and probably one of the best of the year.
Incredibles 1 good
But
Not excellent imo
And besides
As long as it’s better than that trash ***
Monsters university
That sequel was trash
Don’t know how they fumbled that
All they had to do was have mike and sulley
Meet boo when she’s older
Instant win
But they turn it into a prequel :smh:
Then make them drop outs
That made me lose allure for sulley
Dudes a drop out :smh:

Just realized
I’m going hard on a cartoon movie :lol:

Incredibles 1 good
But
Not excellent imo
And besides
As long as it’s better than that trash ***
Monsters university
That sequel was trash
Don’t know how they fumbled that
All they had to do was have mike and sulley
Meet boo when she’s older
Instant win
But they turn it into a prequel :smh:
Then make them drop outs
That made me lose allure for sulley
Dudes a drop out :smh:

Just realized
I’m going hard on a cartoon movie :lol:

dont forget Jay a snake

That was one of my big disappointments with Pixar. Monster's U was good, but I think they missed the mark and wanted to see them go forward in time. Naturally, the dynamic between the two leads were more important, but I think a lot of us all wanted to see an older Boo and deal with them in the future.

Was looking for this thread. Biggest IMAX in GA was showing a double feature (OG & Sequel) yesterday. Copped tickets last min.

Chatty kids around me aside, I enjoyed it a ton. Thought I’d be more bothered that they literally pick right back up where the last movie ended, same scene and everything :lol: but I actually didn’t care.

I was thoroughly entertained. It’s really no worse than the OG.

Was also a nice touch seeing the upgrade in the animation on the imax. Sequel looks noticeably sharper than the OG, as it should :lol:

Maybe will bring my daughter during a matinee showing when no one else in the theater lol.

Seems like it'll be entertaining.

INCREDIBLES 2 Soars Towards Record $180 Million-Plus Opening Weekend

The latest box office estimates are in and Disney-Pixar's Incredibles 2 is soaring to an estimated $180 million-plus opening weekend at the domestic box office. Following a record-breaking $18.5 million in Thursday previews, the highly anticipated sequel to 2004's animated hit grossed an estimated $71.5 million on Friday. It's now pacing towards a record-breaking $182 million three-day debut.

Overall, movie was good. I really enjoyed it.

Two of my friends, a Male and female, said that this film was too feministic. Yall agree? Maybe I was tired but I didn't look at it that way.

Main issue I had was that it was a bit of filler and slow in some moments and it lacked some of the themes that the first film offered

giphy.gif

Definitely pleased with the movie when I watched it yesterday. Hopefully can get a better perspective if I go to watch a 2nd time in following weeks.

Favorite character was Violet for sure, but felt everyone had a significant role and personality I could relate to.

Didnt see the feminism angle much in this movie.

Definitely no themes or messages.

The villain happened to be a woman and was basically focusee on getting rid of the heroes.

The man who loves heroes chose Elastigirl to be the poster girl to help bring heroes back.

That's it. The daughter had a little subplot but thqt would've been there in any era.

Mr. Incredible taking care of the kids was pure fun.

Was looking for this thread. Biggest IMAX in GA was showing a double feature (OG & Sequel) yesterday. Copped tickets last min.

Chatty kids around me aside, I enjoyed it a ton. Thought I’d be more bothered that they literally pick right back up where the last movie ended, same scene and everything :lol: but I actually didn’t care.

I was thoroughly entertained. It’s really no worse than the OG.

Was also a nice touch seeing the upgrade in the animation on the imax. Sequel looks noticeably sharper than the OG, as it should :lol:
If I remember correct I1 was the first to use actual human main characters becuase they’ve in the past said it would be too hard to animate.

without spoiling the film, does Dash get a scene like in the first one.
The music and sound effects with those ships crashing when he was running had me:wow::wow::wow:

Thought incredibles 2 was great.
Don't really remember the first one though but constant entertainment the whole movie.

Bao short was crazy lol

thought I was gonna have to wait until during the week, but got tix for tomorrow afternoon in our usual back row IMAX seats.
bout to throw on the first one

Anybody else thought that Eveyln probably slept with Voyd?

I can def see an Evelyn, Voyd, Elastigirl threesome if the movie ended differently

Yoooooooo the Dumpling short....
Halfway thu all i kept thinking was how the old man ate the other dumplingss!!!!!

But then i was like....."oh...aiight"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom