PIZZA FROM NY!!

Do you guys have the original Italian wood oven pizza's in NY or generally just the Americanized version?

I really can't imagine going back to eating this:

pizza.bmp

once you've had one of these:

Italian-pizza1.jpg

Do you guys have the original Italian wood oven pizza's in NY or generally just the Americanized version?

I really can't imagine going back to eating this:

pizza.bmp

once you've had one of these:

Italian-pizza1.jpg

Thanks Jules, I was wondering because when I look up pics of famous NY pizza, for the most part I find them looking kinda thick and greasy.
Having tasted real Italian pizza you're kinda spoiled for the rest of your pizza eating life, which sucks cause there are only a handfull of good pizzaria's in my city.

On a related note; I hate it when they use regular cheese topping instead of mozzarella
sick.gif

Thanks Jules, I was wondering because when I look up pics of famous NY pizza, for the most part I find them looking kinda thick and greasy.
Having tasted real Italian pizza you're kinda spoiled for the rest of your pizza eating life, which sucks cause there are only a handfull of good pizzaria's in my city.

On a related note; I hate it when they use regular cheese topping instead of mozzarella
sick.gif

One thing I remember about Lombardi's is the cheese. Now you would think cheese would be readily available to anyone in Anytown USA, but I just don't know how that works. There really does seem to be a quality ingredient void in the vast majority of restaurants out there.

One thing I remember about Lombardi's is the cheese. Now you would think cheese would be readily available to anyone in Anytown USA, but I just don't know how that works. There really does seem to be a quality ingredient void in the vast majority of restaurants out there.

Ive been around the world twice... ate pizza from japan cali down south hawaii iraq and none of it can come clost to my ITALIAN HOMIE VINCENT down the blocc...

genuine italian pizza > all

if you dont know you dont know...

Ive been around the world twice... ate pizza from japan cali down south hawaii iraq and none of it can come clost to my ITALIAN HOMIE VINCENT down the blocc...

genuine italian pizza > all

if you dont know you dont know...

What I remember about Lombardi's was the story about the Pizza Oven they have. Thing is OG and like one of the originals dating back to the 1900s (or earlier, can't recall).

What I remember about Lombardi's was the story about the Pizza Oven they have. Thing is OG and like one of the originals dating back to the 1900s (or earlier, can't recall).

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by Club 27

FinallyFamous wrote:

I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and live close by to one. I order from there pretty regularly. good pizza

anthony's coal fired on us1 or 88th >>
that place is straight trash

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by Club 27

FinallyFamous wrote:

I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and live close by to one. I order from there pretty regularly. good pizza

anthony's coal fired on us1 or 88th >>
that place is straight trash

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by FedExciter

truth.com

i tried the pepes in fairfield because its closer to my house, definitely not the same as new haven 
is it worth the visit? you mean the one in yonkers right?

Pepe's is prob. one of, if not, the most famous pizzeria in the nation. It's in the Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven, where pizza reigns surpreme. Modern Apizza, Sally's apizza, Pepe's and countless others. Pepe's has expanded to both Fairfield, Connecticut and Yonkers, NY. While these are Pepe's establishments, they are not the original and won't stack up to the location in New Haven. For the authentic New Haven apizza you need to go to New Haven.

It's worth the trip. You can eat there and then you can try Louis Lunch for dinner, home of the original hamburger. They steam them and put them on white bread with onions and tomatoes, NO KETCHUP they will kick you out if you ask for it. It's a great late night snack when the bars close down...

But I've had New York pizza and New Haven apizza, and New Haven pizza is a lot better to me. New York pizza is greasy just like most pizza joints in Connecticut. As for as Chicago pizza, it's deep dish with a thick and doughy crust correct? If so to me that sounds very similar to greek pizza, which is not bad.

Kickin that realness brahh.  I've had a pie from Modern, probably the 2nd best I've ever had.  Pepe's is the dopest.  My boy has a crib in CT and we go there everytime were up there.  I've never had Sally's because the wait is too long and they leave the phone off the hook.  
In terms of NY pizza though 

-Patsy's on 118th

-Joe's on Carmine

-John's

-Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst is bangin but I've only had it once

Supposedly the best in NY is Di Fara's in BK.  The owner is like 70 and he's the only one who makes the pies.  The slices cost $5 and if the old man is not working the store is not open.  I heard they also get all of their ingredients imported straight from Italy.  Never been there but def gonna make a trip. 

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by FedExciter

truth.com

i tried the pepes in fairfield because its closer to my house, definitely not the same as new haven 
is it worth the visit? you mean the one in yonkers right?

Pepe's is prob. one of, if not, the most famous pizzeria in the nation. It's in the Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven, where pizza reigns surpreme. Modern Apizza, Sally's apizza, Pepe's and countless others. Pepe's has expanded to both Fairfield, Connecticut and Yonkers, NY. While these are Pepe's establishments, they are not the original and won't stack up to the location in New Haven. For the authentic New Haven apizza you need to go to New Haven.

It's worth the trip. You can eat there and then you can try Louis Lunch for dinner, home of the original hamburger. They steam them and put them on white bread with onions and tomatoes, NO KETCHUP they will kick you out if you ask for it. It's a great late night snack when the bars close down...

But I've had New York pizza and New Haven apizza, and New Haven pizza is a lot better to me. New York pizza is greasy just like most pizza joints in Connecticut. As for as Chicago pizza, it's deep dish with a thick and doughy crust correct? If so to me that sounds very similar to greek pizza, which is not bad.

Kickin that realness brahh.  I've had a pie from Modern, probably the 2nd best I've ever had.  Pepe's is the dopest.  My boy has a crib in CT and we go there everytime were up there.  I've never had Sally's because the wait is too long and they leave the phone off the hook.  
In terms of NY pizza though 

-Patsy's on 118th

-Joe's on Carmine

-John's

-Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst is bangin but I've only had it once

Supposedly the best in NY is Di Fara's in BK.  The owner is like 70 and he's the only one who makes the pies.  The slices cost $5 and if the old man is not working the store is not open.  I heard they also get all of their ingredients imported straight from Italy.  Never been there but def gonna make a trip. 

Back
Top Bottom