PIZZA FROM NY!!

iammd

Banned
I think people get so involved with fantasies that food from one region is better than food from another region that they forget the reality of it all.  For example, pizza from NY..You mean to tell me they have ovens, ingredients, and knowledge that isn't readily available to the rest of the world?!? LOL same goes for Philly Cheese steaks and, yes, I will go as far as saying crab cakes.  Sure, MD has crack crab cakes..but I'm 100 percent sure i could get a  crab cake equally as good in Wisconsin. (and before anybody says "its the minerals in NY water...i've heard that argument, and its stupid)

discuss...

I think people get so involved with fantasies that food from one region is better than food from another region that they forget the reality of it all.  For example, pizza from NY..You mean to tell me they have ovens, ingredients, and knowledge that isn't readily available to the rest of the world?!? LOL same goes for Philly Cheese steaks and, yes, I will go as far as saying crab cakes.  Sure, MD has crack crab cakes..but I'm 100 percent sure i could get a  crab cake equally as good in Wisconsin. (and before anybody says "its the minerals in NY water...i've heard that argument, and its stupid)

discuss...

I think they only talk about what they know because that's all they know. Not much else. No traveling or trying new things.

I think they only talk about what they know because that's all they know. Not much else. No traveling or trying new things.

I've thought of this too. Places just have distinct combinations with their ingredients. Anyone can make the "amazing" food that is out there, you just have to find what is in it and how much.

I've thought of this too. Places just have distinct combinations with their ingredients. Anyone can make the "amazing" food that is out there, you just have to find what is in it and how much.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

i think we can close it up now

Originally Posted by krazy88s

i think we can close it up now

I see what you're saying though....however, if you go to a neighborhood in ANY city with a heavy Italian population/influence, I'm sure you can find a pizza spot that can stack up to what you'd find in NYC. As a whole, I do think NYC has some of the best overall pizza places in the US. I'm sure Chicago would disagree
laugh.gif

(I do LOVE Pizza Rustica in Miami, tho)

I'd love to know of a place in Wisconsin where you can get a crabcake as good as you can get in MD.
laugh.gif
THAT I doubt.

i've had pizza from mom & pop spots outside of ny, to me it's
sick.gif
but if you grew up eating then it's probably fine. you can look on the back of a label and get the ingredients for anything but that doesn't mean you can make it yourself and have it taste just as good

I see what you're saying though....however, if you go to a neighborhood in ANY city with a heavy Italian population/influence, I'm sure you can find a pizza spot that can stack up to what you'd find in NYC. As a whole, I do think NYC has some of the best overall pizza places in the US. I'm sure Chicago would disagree
laugh.gif

I'd love to know of a place in Wisconsin where you can get a crabcake as good as you can get in MD.
laugh.gif
THAT I doubt.

i've had pizza from mom & pop spots outside of ny, to me it's
sick.gif
but if you grew up eating then it's probably fine. you can look on the back of a label and get the ingredients for anything but that doesn't mean you can make it yourself and have it taste just as good

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
THAT I doubt.
Lol yeah, i was exaggerated a bit.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
THAT I doubt.
Lol yeah, i was exaggerated a bit.

I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it, but there is a better place here called Adriatico's.  Place is the GOAT.

I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it, but there is a better place here called Adriatico's.  Place is the GOAT.

I kind of agree but not really. I will use an example that hits close to home for me. I like Mexican food. I can find good Mexican and Tex-Mex food anywhere down in Texas. Same goes for California. Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East. It has nothing to do with the water, etc...though, its just that the people in that region have been cooking that food for a longer period of time for the most part and have more experience with those dishes. Yeah, we have Cheese steak places down here, but I bet they arent as good as the ones in the North East...

I kind of agree but not really. I will use an example that hits close to home for me. I like Mexican food. I can find good Mexican and Tex-Mex food anywhere down in Texas. Same goes for California. Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East. It has nothing to do with the water, etc...though, its just that the people in that region have been cooking that food for a longer period of time for the most part and have more experience with those dishes. Yeah, we have Cheese steak places down here, but I bet they arent as good as the ones in the North East...

At one point, yeah, I'd agree that you could get a (insert delicacy) in (insert region) that is better there than any other part of the world, but with technology like internet and traveling being much easier, food can be replicated anywhere.

Yo,

Ive thought of this before. I think its the way a region makes their food. No food in Houston has the same texture in terms of Pizza compared to that of a NYC establishment.

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either

i think crab cakes are a perfect example to the contrary. you have to have the blue crabs & they're better fresh. the crabs around the chesapeake are its own species. you can't get that just anywhere. also, you need the recipe. some people have not even heard of crab cakes

also, for some reason, take out chinese up north tastes completely different than down south. don't even think about mumbo sauce either

Yo,

Ive thought of this before. I think its the way a region makes their food. No food in Houston has the same texture in terms of Pizza compared to that of a NYC establishment.

Another example is barbecue. You dudes up North do it all wrong.

Back
Top Bottom