Players who stay with their teams their entire career appreciation

calibeebee

Supporter
I think that it's amazing when players stay loyal throughout.  I don't see why ya'll hate on Paul Pierce so much.  Dude stuck it out through some GOD AWFUL seasons and it paid off for him.  I appreciate when the fans can have players like that, true franchise players. A tip of the hat to these folks, what are some others?

paul31.jpg

g1.kobe4.jpg

NS_12MAVSDIRK7_19738375.JPG

Appreciated... Especially when those players (Like Pierce) go through a lot of tough seasons with the franchise.

Why? Ownership & F.O are hardly ever loyal to players, why should the players get denounced for making decisions that they feel are in their best interest? At the end of the day its a business and you have to make business minded decisions to survive.

No matter who it is, It's appreciated.
pimp.gif

Dirk.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Troy Aikman
pimp.gif

Michael Irvin
pimp.gif

Emmitt Smith should NOT have came back and played for Arizona.
30t6p3b.gif

Same with MJ, Why come back and play for the bum $@* Wizards.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Le...Nevermind.

Wasn't Kobe drafted by the Hornets? So by your criteria he should have gone there and stuck it out?

Much as I like guys like Stockton who played somewhere for years it's not a common thing - even superstars get moved near the end of their careers.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Wasn't Kobe drafted by the Hornets? So by your criteria he should have gone there and stuck it out?

Much as I like guys like Stockton who played somewhere for years it's not a common thing - even superstars get moved near the end of their careers.

seriously?  he was traded on draft night...

Paul Pierce almost didn't happen though.
tired.gif

Glad it did, but it looks like even his end may be coming soon. It looks like the only real guys who are probably safe from moving onto new teams are Kobe, Duncan, and Dirk.

Definitely appreciate Dirk and Pierce for sticking it out. Especially Pierce, cause Dirk (and Duncan) experienced loads more solo
success (and team wins) early on than Pierce.

Hate that Hakeem Olajuwon & the Rockets couldn't work anything out for him not to be traded to Toronto towards the end of
his career. Wish Stockton would have had the chance to move sooner though, and Malone and Payton earlier. That's why I don't
blame LBJ. Better to leave when you've done all you could for/with a team than basically be broke down and scrapping just to
make a contender's roster.

I don't care what anyone says, P-Squared is that dude. Dragged the Celts into the Conference Finals once in the early 2000s with a bunch of scrubs alongside him. Got stabbed 11 times and hospitalized, and came back to play the same season. Accepted a smaller role when KG and Ray came to win a chip in their first season together. Outdueled LeBron in the playoffs and won Finals MVP to boot. One of the best clutch players in the league.

I know it may sound tired coming from a Celtics fan, but Paul Pierce is greatness defined.

Peyton Manning Unappreciation thread in da skies? 
nerd.gif

I'm kidding, this is appreciated but sometimes you have to feel bad when it comes down to the F.O. trading guys who have been lifers their entire career.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Why? Ownership & F.O are hardly ever loyal to players, why should the players get denounced for making decisions that they feel are in their best interest? At the end of the day its a business and you have to make business minded decisions to survive.
All of this.

That's what I'm sayin.  With all the incentives to get paid somewhere else, all the owners that treat players bad, all the great players that don't ever get help on their current squads......... it just makes it that much more insane when a guy stays with the same team his whole career.  I'm not saying I'm "denouncing" anybody for leaving.  I'm just saying the odds are not that great that a player will be there his whole career so it's cool to see that happen

I give it up to Paul Peirce because he stuck through some rough years with little complaining. Kobe was asking for the team to trade once things got bad, so although he is there if he wasn't patient he might not be there ... and this is coming from a Lakers fan

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Kobe has demanded trades.

Just saying.

And I'm a Laker fan and a Kobe fan.
He also plays for the premier basketball franchise, makes it a lot more enticing to stay playing in a place like Los Angeles that will always attract talent to it.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

That's what I'm sayin.  With all the incentives to get paid somewhere else, all the owners that treat players bad, all the great players that don't ever get help on their current squads......... it just makes it that much more insane when a guy stays with the same team his whole career.  I'm not saying I'm "denouncing" anybody for leaving.  I'm just saying the odds are not that great that a player will be there his whole career so it's cool to see that happen

Ok. I'm in tune with what you're appreciating now.

Back
Top Bottom