Players who stay with their teams their entire career appreciation

Reggie
smokin.gif
He even turned down a chance to play with Boston before their title run.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Kobe has demanded trades.

Just saying.

And I'm a Laker fan and a Kobe fan.
I Remember Rumors Were Magic Advised He Demand Trades To Get The FO To Bring In Some Talent, We See How That Went.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Paul Pierce almost didn't happen though.
tired.gif

Glad it did, but it looks like even his end may be coming soon. It looks like the only real guys who are probably safe from moving onto new teams are Kobe, Duncan, and Dirk.
Although Kobe played his entire career with the Lakers, but I will not put him on the list when he was crying to be traded several years ago because his team was not doing well. I agree that Kobe definitely needed better teammates.
As for Duncan and Dirk 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Those two guys took less money to make their team better. Especially Dirk, when he opted out of his contract took less money and Dallas got him a few more pieces and they won the chip last year. Well deserved for Dirk and the Mavs. Paul Pierce also did the same thing by opting out for less money a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by Chao

reggie-miller.JPG

Appreciated.
pimp.gif

YES!

He had soooooo many chances to leave us for greener pastures but he stuck it out with us. Just one of the many reasons why no other athlete will ever be as big to us Hoosiers as Reggie was.
This man.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So taking Reggie as an example.

If he came out of retirement and played for the Celtics when they won the title.. would diehard Pacers and Miller fans lose respect for him? I can understand feeling some resentment if he leaves in his prime or goes from team to team to team trying to get a title.. but playing one more season in a smaller capacity to try to win that championship, I can't hold that against him.

If a player sticks with his team for a career, that's great. But I'm not that surprised if he does that when the team is successful or has a great coach or ownership. Guys like Dirk or Duncan have been on very good teams with a good owner or coach for years and years.. so there's less incentive to desire a new team. Look at Pierce.. Ainge was reportedly open to trading him after all these years.. why should a guy like Pierce be loyal if his team would trade him? Being loyal in sports is a nice sentiment, but there's too many factors where trading a player or that player leaving is the right move for both parties.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If he came out of retirement and played for the Celtics when they won the title.. would diehard Pacers and Miller fans lose respect for him? I can understand feeling some resentment if he leaves in his prime or goes from team to team to team trying to get a title.. but playing one more season in a smaller capacity to try to win that championship, I can't hold that against him.
With something like that, I don't know that many people that already had a high degree of respect for him would feel that differently about him afterwards. I personally think it was better for him to just stay retired. I get the feeling he still wouldn't feel like he really earned if it he was reduced to such a smaller role, for one season, coming off the bench for some Super-Team he was never affiliated with before.

There's an article that mentions a lot I didn't even realize about his level of loyalty here:

http://bleacherreport.com...lebron-leaving-cleveland

I'm not saying to go and demonize players like Lebron either, but staying with a franchise like that is pretty special. There's a reason people had the reactions they did in this video...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chao

Originally Posted by Big J 33

With something like that, I don't know that many people that already had a high degree of respect for him would feel that differently about him afterwards. I personally think it was better for him to just stay retired. I get the feeling he still wouldn't feel like he really earned if it he was reduced to such a smaller role, for one season, coming off the bench for some Super-Team he was never affiliated with before.

There's an article that mentions a lot I didn't even realize about his level of loyalty here:

http://bleacherreport.com...lebron-leaving-cleveland

I'm not saying to go and demonize players like Lebron either, but staying with a franchise like that is pretty special. There's a reason people had the reactions they did in this video...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I never was a Reggie fan but that video gave me goosebumps. Straight up!

'preciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Damn can't believe this dude is retired. 
I still remember when he first came in the league and Isaiah Thomas tried to play him at small forward
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jeff-Foster.jpg

jeff-foster-wall-ball.jpg

4FuzzyandJeffFoster.JPG

Indiana%2BPacers%2Bv%2BLos%2BAngeles%2BLakers%2BYqAln_5Wpmbl.jpg

01-02%20-%20Foster%20at%20LAC,%2012.2.01_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom