Players who stay with their teams their entire career appreciation

the best PF of all time, tim duncan, a quiet guy that loves to play in SA. hopefully he finishes his career in SA.

I came in to post Larkin & Gwynn, so I'm happy they've already arrived.
smokin.gif

And I'm def feeling what you're saying, OP. And of tje 3 you started the thread off with, I think it was toughest for Dirk. You stay with a team your whole career, get to the Finals, lose... and stick it out to get BACK to the Finals 5 yrs later and win? Had to feel soooo good for him.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I give it up to Paul Peirce because he stuck through some rough years with little complaining. Kobe was asking for the team to trade once things got bad, so although he is there if he wasn't patient he might not be there ... and this is coming from a Lakers fan

Paul Pierce certainly made a trade demand in 06-07

in the age of the 'Big Market' & 'Super Teams' in the NBA, I think the days of staying w/ franchise are all but over. Especially for the lottery picks who are drafted into undesirable cities then emerge into superstars. sans the rare cases like Durant & OKC, who nailed it on 3 straight lottery picks, which is a lot of help as well.  

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Kobe has demanded trades.

Just saying.

And I'm a Laker fan and a Kobe fan.
He also plays for the premier basketball franchise, makes it a lot more enticing to stay playing in a place like Los Angeles that will always attract talent to it.

boston is also a premier team they have 17 championships

I can't even remember the times when he wasn't in a heat uni,my mistake 
embarassed.gif

The Truth is also very much appreciated,one of my fav players ever
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Why? Ownership & F.O are hardly ever loyal to players, why should the players get denounced for making decisions that they feel are in their best interest? At the end of the day its a business and you have to make business minded decisions to survive.

Kobe and Pierce loyal?
laugh.gif
They were lucky enough to have owners make moves once the whining started so that they would be happy and not leave.

On the other end of that you have someone like KG. Say what you want about him, but he was nothing but loyal to Minnesota. No trade demands and no whining about poor talent. Minnesota did him a favor by trading him because they knew they messed up. Garnett didn't want to go.

Why do yall buy in to this illusion of loyalty?

Loyalty HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom