PLEASE LOCK PLEASE LOCK: GSWARRIORS '14/15 SEASON THREAD VOL. NBA CHAMPS!

I MISSED THE PREORDER ON THE CARICATURE SHIRTS

Help me out NT
nerd.gif
Gotchu fam

http://www.fanatics.com/NBA_Golden_...Caricature_Celebration_Parade_T-Shirt_-_White

But backordered til July 2 smh

Parade map

Last edited:
Not sure...I'm just not going to worry about that and just BART it from Union City haha. Not sure which BART stop yet because I cant decide between going to parade route or rally site.

I wish I could go to the parade or rally but i can't get off. Anyway, I REALLY REALLY hope they play Coco one last time during the rally. They HAVE to! :lol:

Anyone know where I can get one of those finals trophy patches? Wanna see that on the jerseys.

Not this years patch but one of the older ones.

Not sure...I'm just not going to worry about that and just BART it from Union City haha. Not sure which BART stop yet because I cant decide between going to parade route or rally site.

You can take any stop going to the rally but on the way home to get back towards Union City only the Lake Merritt stop will be going that way.

Still contemplating on just being on the parade route or the rally site. I also got chosen to be on the PG&E float or something. But if it means I cant see the squad I kind of dont want to do it lol.

So what's up with an NT summit?

I'm down....

Best bet is to take BART.

Always down to meet NT'ers. This has got to be crazier than the Giants parade so I am assuming we're going to have to leave super early to get a decent spot.

I MISSED THE PREORDER ON THE CARICATURE SHIRTS

Help me out NT
nerd.gif
Just ordered this last night off NBAstore.com. Won't be shipped till July 2nd though. All good. I'm so happy that they made a caricature shirt LOL.

Also just realized the NBA season is over.
frown.gif
 I'm still going to tune in and watch the NBA Draft to see who the Warriors select.

Does Nedovic get a ring? Dude shouldn't have left lol.

Last edited:

I imagine LAke merit will be your best bet for that

im in uc as well whassup

summit at the parade lets go

im prolly gon head out at like 7

I'd love to meet up with you all and celebrate. But, I can't do it =( Have fun and be safe.

Where's my Southbay folks at? Will be out there for the parade for sure just trying to plan it out.

Really want to go but thinking about driving cause I hate BART. Any tips on where to park close to the rally?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, repped. Will wait fit your update Jewel.

Alright so my brother hit me up. He wasn't sure about the parking but said a lot of the garages look to be getting blocked up but to not take his word for it.

He said the Rally staging is TINY and if you plan on being at that portion go as EARLY as possible. Signs say line up allowed at 5am and I am sure ppl will go earlier.

For the parade if you are wanting to see that he said Grand and 11th was a good spot. Or basically the warriors headquarters will be a good spot as well.

Here are pics of the staging he gave me. He said most spots to watch would be along the lake and areas of the closed streets. The pin is where the staging is setup and it looks like its the parking lot to the Kaiser. It could be that they move it to the amphitheatre side when theyre done setting it up? Otherwise it will be packed but worth the hassle if you can get a spot :smokin

View media item 1588318View media item 1588319

Last edited:
Dam PG&E just hit me up and apparently I won a sweepstakes to be on a float in the Parade. Not sure if it will be worth it if I dont get to see the squad....

I know it's a little late, but here's the email i got from work:

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors for winning the 2015 NBA Championship. Oakland has planned a parade in Downtown Oakland to celebrate this feat after 40 years in between championships. The parade is planned to start on Friday at 10:00am. Parade route streets will be closed from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Friday, June 19. Please see information below for street closure details. Attached is the street closure plan for your reference. Please plan accordingly for transportation to and from work, meetings and deliveries. Please be aware of your surroundings and exercise safety precaution in the area. Below are the details for quick reference.

STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP

PARADE ROUTE

PARADE MARCHES ON FRIDAY, JUNE 19, 10:00AM
The following streets will be closed for the championship parade celebrating the Warriors victory.
Steel barricades will line both sides of the street for the safety of the parade participants and the
crowds. Driveways will be blocked by both the steel barricades and crowds during this time so
please prepare accordingly.

Starting at 8:00AM on Friday, June 19 to 3:00PM

• 11th Street from MLK to Broadway
• Broadway from 11th St to West Grand
• Grand Ave from Broadway to Harrison
• Harrison to Lakeside to Oak St
• 10th St from Oak to 2nd Ave
• Lake Merritt Blvd from Oak St to International
• E.12th between 1st and 2nd Ave
Note: 14th St and 20th St will remain open to cross traffic until 9:00am

Parade and Rally

Thursday 18th – 8pm – Friday 19th 6pm
• 10th Street between Oak St. and 2nd
• 11th Street between Broadway & MLK
• 10th Street between Broadway & MLK
• Jefferson & Clay between 10th & 12th

Friday 19th – 12:30am – Friday 19th 11:59pm
• Lake Merritt Blvd/Bridge between Oak St. and International Blvd.

Friday 19th – 8:00am – Friday 19th 3pm
• Entire parade route including Oak St. between 10th and 13th
• E12th between 1st and 2nd
• 14th & 20th to remain open to cross traffic until 9am

The parade will begin at 10 am at Broadway & 11th Street, continuing down Broadway, turning right on Grand Avenue, and right on Harrison to Lakeside Drive, ending on Oak and proceeding to the Henry J. Kaiser Convention center for the rally.
For employees in the Civic Center area and at the Main Library, parking and traffic on Friday morning will be disrupted, so you are advised to use public transportation. BART will add trains to facilitate commute traffic. There will be no garage closures, but access to the garages may be challenging due to heavy traffic in the downtown area.
Go Oakland!
Sincerely,

John Flores
Interim City Administrator

Also, Here's a couple of pics of the area:

View media item 1588381View media item 1588382

Back
Top Bottom