Please lock.

The saying "you have to take it from the champ" is dumb as hell. That just means you're not scoring round by round and just looking at the fight overall and at the end asking yourself "did he do enough?".

If you win more rounds, you did enough. Period.

What if u win the first 7 rounds 10-9 rounds and then lose the last 5 with the 12th round being a 10-8 round? Who should win that fight

The saying "you have to take it from the champ" is dumb as hell. That just means you're not scoring round by round and just looking at the fight overall and at the end asking yourself "did he do enough?".

What if u win the first 7 rounds 10-9 rounds and then lose the last 5 with the 12th round being a 10-8 round? Who should win that fight

Really?

That makes it 114-113 for the fighter that won the first 7.

What's your point?

Were you trying to be cute and catch me by showing me a fighter can lose even if they won more rounds by scoring more points?

Last edited:
No I agree with what u said about winning more rounds I'm just saying u can't get too caught up in the numbers of scoring rounds all the time. Dude could've lost the first 7 and rallied back ending it with a 8-10 he's still down a point but that doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight. But this is all hypothetical so carry on..

I wish I'd bet on Algieri taking the fight. Although I guess that's like saying I wish Id gotten Apple stock in 1999.

Last edited:
No I agree with what u said about winning more rounds I'm just saying u can't get too caught up in the numbers of scoring rounds all the time. Dude could've lost the first 7 and rallied back ending it with a 8-10 he's still down a point but that doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight. But this is all hypothetical so carry on..

Ultimately you have to have a higher score to win a fight, which usually means winning more rounds. So if he's one point short, it does mean he lost the fight. :wink:

The winner of the fight is who has more points. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:
I wish I'd bet on Algieri taking the fight. Although I guess that's like saying I wish Id gotten Apple stock in 1999.

Real talk, I was seriously thinking about dumping half of my betting pot on Algieri. I gave it a couple dabs and still made out good. But damn in 2011, I was staring hard at Ishida when Kirkland was -3000. :smh:

This.

I was trying to think of the worst decision I've ever witnesses in BOXING. One immediately comes to mind every time, above any other.

Wondering what y'all' think?

I've never seen that fight. That's back when I was only interested in Tyson only fights. I think it was my highschool years. Like 96 or something right?

I've never seen that fight. That's back when I was only interested in Tyson only fights. I think it was my highschool years. Like 96 or something right?

Don't remember the exact year but yeah it was around that time 95 maybe

And yeah that oscar fight was highway robbery. Sweet pea has had some hard fought victories taken away from him

Last edited:
I doubt some have ever seen it since it is one of the most boring fights I've ever witnessed but Valuev/Holyfield was sooooooo ******* bad :lol: I barely remember Valuev throwing a punch let alone winning rounds.

Sturm getting jobbed against DLH had me heated at the time. But it just made Hopkins killing him even sweeter.

Casamayor/Santa Cruz though? :x

I wish GGG could lose weight. I'd love to see him right the lighter boxers.

Who could he fight for the biggest draw?

Back
Top Bottom