Please lock.

Lomachenko beating Rigo :smh:

Did I read that correctly? :lol:
I put my name on it. I'm first to remember not getting too far ahead. Take care of business against Russell, Jr. first. I have no doubt Lomachenko's camp and manager in particular are eyeing bigger fights with a win. Hi-Tech is overly ambitious. Reason he signed with Arum, reason he debuted against Ramirez, and reason he took Salido in his second fight overweight.

I fully realize Rigo is criminally underrated, similarly to Lara. One of the most technical boxers in the sport. Extremely sound defensively and with his counter-punching. I'd still like to see Rigo fight Santa Cruz and Frampton.

Don't see how rigo is under appreciated. All boxing fans appreciate his skills. Casual fans that want to see a fight don't care for rigo or any other "sweet science" kind of boxing. It is what it is.

I for one don't want to see rigo fight Santa Cruz. Complete mismatch stylistically

Rigondeaux is not underrated, everybody knows how good he is. He is underappreciated.
That's a better word. He lacks star power though. Hard to sell Rigo's style as a big draw.

Don't see how rigo is under appreciated. All boxing fans appreciate his skills. Casual fans that want to see a fight don't care for rigo or any other "sweet science" kind of boxing. It is what it is.

I for one don't want to see rigo fight Santa Cruz. Complete mismatch stylistically
I imagine nobody is picking Sod. He's only lost twice in his career, to Ponce De Leon. Rigo should give him #3.

Son provodnikov got ROBBED. ROBBED.

I just watched it. Hellllll nooooooo. Can't agree with that ****. Can't even open is damn eye. Didn't get the power shots in. Nahhhh. Had a feeling it was gonna be some **** when it took so long to calculate

I dont take volume jabs over power and damage. Also thought al faded in the 11 and 12

Last edited:

I just watched it. Hellllll nooooooo. Can't agree with that ****. Can't even open is damn eye. Didn't get the power shots in. Nahhhh. Had a feeling it was gonna be some **** when it took so long to calculate

I dont take volume jabs over power and damage. Also thought al faded in the 11 and 12

:smh:

Neither Ruslan nor Roach even believe that. Why else would Roach be telling Ruslan, "we need a knockdown"?

He lost man. This is the sweet science, not a street brawl.

Last edited:
damn ruslan....

my man took it in stride though....not interested in fighting runners :lol:

said F the belt, I want a real fight.

props to algieri tho, he weathered the storm and stayed composed.

dat eye though :x

:smh:

Neither Ruslan nor Roach even believe that. Why else would Roach be telling Ruslan, "we need a knockdown"?

He lost man. This is the sweet science, not a street brawl.

Yea man Roach wasn't playing when he said we need a knockout. That's why it appeared that Algieri faded in the late rounds because, Providnikov was a bit more agressive than he, yet Algieri kept touching him. Algieri's that dude that keeps me coming back to boxing, and to see him get a win (shocked the **** out of me) instead of te same ol' "he didn't do enough to take the belt from the champ ****" was a beautiful and satisfying thing to witness

Man if i were ruslan i woudn't be mad.  Yeah you got out boxed...but if you asked who i would rather be when that fight ended...id take the L and keep my face looking some what normal.  Algieri's eye 
mean.gif

I don't think Ruslan lost too much from this fight.  I think it was almost a win-win for both fighters when all was said and done.  I for one still want to see Ruslan fight.  

He looks quicker.
13-month layoff. Expect rust. Kamegai hits hard, will make a fighter question his commitment real quick. I know Ghost has never been KO'ed, first time for everything.

Yeah...I still have a weird feeling about this fight. I can't see Kamegai winning without a knockout. Guerrero should win at least 5 rounds.

Last edited:

I think Algieri is just a sweller...

Just off of the first round alone you can tell his eye was going to swell like crazy and that no matter how well he keeps that eye protected it will continue to get bigger.

Aside from that first round I really don't think Algieri was hurt again

Even though Ruslan had the belt, it was an Algieri partisan crowd. This was not worse than Khan-Peterson.

Last edited:
okay. but i don't ever wanna hear "you have to take it from the champ" again :lol:

You're for sure going to hear "you have to take it from the champ" again, and soon. Good chances it will happen in the next fight with a belt on the line. It happens a far too often. That's why I'm ecstatic with the decision in the Provodnikov/Algieri fight because based on what I've grown accustomed to in fights with belts on the line, 9/10 times that belt remains with Provodnikov, ie whoever holds the belt, and in this case the judges got it right, he did enough to take it in my eyes, but I didn't think the judges were going to make the call for ALGIERI, I was damn shocked mate

Last edited:
The saying "you have to take it from the champ" is dumb as hell. That just means you're not scoring round by round and just looking at the fight overall and at the end asking yourself "did he do enough?".

If you win more rounds, you did enough. Period.

Back
Top Bottom