Please lock.

What do you mean so many people? The polls at the boxing forums I frequent have it about even.

Yeah only people who don't have it a close fight are casual fans so that shouldn't be too surprising.

All my crews are Latino. So all I've heard is Ca-neh-lo
Ca-neh-lo
Ca-neh-lo

You mean Mexican? Lara is a Latino, and so are many other Latino nationalities that don't like Mexicans.

You being serious.? "Mexicans are from Mexico only" Latino typically refers to any Spanish speaking native for aSouth or Central America. Cuban Mexican a Puerto Rica etc.
Either I'm wrong( don't think so) or you are confusing Latino and Spanish. Latino generalizes while Spanish encompasses groups originating from Spanish speaking countries. All Mexicans would be Latino and Spanish, but not ALL Latinos are Mexican, some are Cuban Rican Hondran etc.
Yea my crews, are mostly Mexican, but not all Mexican.
If I call a dude from my crew that's Guatemalen or Honduran a Mexican, they don't like that ****, you know. They're Latinos

Last edited:
What do you mean so many people? The polls at the boxing forums I frequent have it about even.

Yeah only people who don't have it a close fight are casual fans so that shouldn't be too surprising.

All my crews are Latino. So all I've heard is Ca-neh-lo
Ca-neh-lo
Ca-neh-lo

You mean Mexican? Lara is a Latino, and so are many other Latino nationalities that don't like Mexicans.

You being serious.? "Mexicans are from Mexico only" Latino typically refers to any Spanish speaking native for aSouth or Central America. Cuban Mexican a Puerto Rica etc.
Either I'm wrong( don't think so) or you are confusing Latino and Spanish. Latino generalizes while Spanish encompasses groups originating from Spanish speaking countries. All Mexicans would be Latino and Spanish, but not ALL Latinos are Mexican, some are Cuban Rican Hondran etc.
Yea my crews, are mostly Mexican, but not all Mexican.
If I call a dude from my crew that's Guatemalen or Honduran a Mexican, they don't like that ****, you know. They're Latinos

Bro, you don't even know what the you're arguing about, because everything you said is confusing as hell.

You said your crew is all "Latino" as if because they're Latino they'd all root for Canelo.

Lara is a Latino as well, so not all Latinos are going to root for a Mexican when he's fighting a Cuban.

Your sentence would have made more sense if you said "All my crews are Mexican so all I've heard is Ca-neh-lo, Ca-neh-lo, Ca-neh-lo."

Arguing?

They think Lara is black. The crews do.

It may have made more sense to you if I said "my crew is Mexican" , lol, but they are not ALL mexican dude. Why would I call them that.

It may sound confusing, sorry to confuse y'all.

Last edited:
Arguing?

It may have made more sense to you if I said "my crew is Mexican" , lol, but they are not ALL mexican dude. Why would I call them that.

That's why it doesn't make sense for you to assume that because your friends are Latino, they'd root for Canelo.

A lot of Latinos that aren't Mexican, can't stand Mexican boxers and won't root for them.

Oh, and since when has Lara NOT been black. He's a black Cuban.

You can be a black (insert nationality here).

Last edited:
A lot of Mexicans don't even identify with or like Canelo. :lol:

:lol: that is true as well.

Maybe because he's a redhead? Or because he's a pretty boy and not your typical Mexican boxer.

I'm Mexican and although I don't like his arrogant side, I like Canelo.

But like any fighter, I don't blindly follow him just because he's Mexican, which is why I think this is a 50/50 fight.

Last edited:

Arguing?

That's why it doesn't make sense for you to assume that because your friends are Latino, they'd root for Canelo.

A lot of Latinos that aren't Mexican, can't stand Mexican boxers and won't root for them.

Oh, and since when has Lara NOT been black. He's a black Cuban.

You can be a black (insert nationality here).
Because they root for all Latinos, every one. Hell they root for Pac, cause they think he's Latino

But Lara, he's black to them. 

Maybe because he's a redhead? Or because he's a pretty boy and not your typical Mexican boxer.

But like any fighter, I don't blindly follow him just because he's Mexican, which is why I think this is a 50/50 fight.

Juan Manuel Marquez, Victor Ortiz, Alfredo Angulo, and some other Mexican boxers think he's a spoiled brat who had everything handed to him. I don't understand Spanish so I do not know if he really is arrogant, I always assumed he's level-headed.

@freakydestroyer  I actually read your post wrong initially, I myself misread  what you wrote so I thought you meant something else, after re-reading it, I can clearly see you know the difference between "Mexican" and 'Latino"

Thats what I was trying to explain to you, because since I read/interpreted your post incorrectly, I thought you assumed all Latinos were Mexicans

My bad

Last edited:

Juan Manuel Marquez, Victor Ortiz, Alfredo Angulo, and some other Mexican boxers think he's a spoiled brat who had everything handed to him. I don't understand Spanish so I do not know if he really is arrogant, I always assumed he's level-headed.

JMM is known to be envious of the attention Canelo gets from Mexicans.

Josesito did Ortiz a favor by beating him because he would have gotten that work from Canelo.

Canelo might have had everything handed to him, but he's a talented kid that's willing to fight the tough fights.

Trout/Mayweather/Angulo/Lara is a tough stretch and arguably a better resume his last 4 fights than anybody in boxing.

As far as him being Arrogant, it's not so much what he says, it's the way he is. You can tell he thinks highly of himself.

@freakydestroyer
 I actually read your post wrong initially, I myself misread  what you wrote so I thought you meant something else, after re-reading it, I can clearly see you know the difference between "Mexican" and 'Latino"

Thats what I was trying to explain to you, because since I read/interpreted your post incorrectly, I thought you assumed all Latinos were Mexicans

My bad

I think you meant me, and it's all good bro.

I generally like Cuban boxers because I respect the journey they go through to get where they're at.

I'm not too fond of Puerto Rican boxers though :lol:.

Last edited:
I think you meant me, and it's all good bro.

I generally like Cuban boxers because I respect the journey they go through to get where they're at.

I'm not too fond of Puerto Rican boxers though
laugh.gif
Yea, see I'm still misreading ****.

Those Cubans do have the struggle though.

Lara said that he hasn't been back to Cuba in 7years because the law states when you leave Cuba, you have to be gone for 8 years!!

Like damn, Cuba is real hateful

Canelo-Lara fight is definitely much closer than the public believes.

My question is, where does Canelo go if he loses? I get recovering and still being a big star after losing to the best and undefeated pound for pound in the world but once he loses to a relatively unknown Lara (unknown to the public) that just seems like it'll take plenty to get back his current star power right now, no? Or you guys think he stays as big PPV draw? Right now he seems to be the next Mayweather/Pacman when it comes to PPV draw but I could see all that going away if he loses this Saturday.

Of course if Canelo loses, it will set him back and it will take some time to build him up again. But he can still fall back on his age, he's only 23 and fighting the stiffest competition. The only way his career is done is if he gets complete outclassed by Lara. On the other hand, if Lara wins it will not help his career very much. Lara doesn't have the fighting style, personality, or national fan base to make him a draw.

Last edited:
Lara wins he gets ducked even more.

If Canelo loses he will still have his fan base. Especially the women they go crazy for him.

If Lara breaks his orbital or gets a stoppage somehow I think that does a whole lot for his career. He might end up getting the next Mayweather fight. If he wins a boring decision, yeah I don't think anybody cares.

As far as Canelo being a star if he loses to Lara, I think his star power takes a major hit. He's not exciting enough to draw as an all action fighter, he's not the stereotypical mexican brawler, he's not knocking dudes his own size out like that, he doesn't have a rival in his weight class like manny and marquez to make things exciting, really his only draw would be that he's a high level boxer, but if he keeps losing to high level dudes then he doesn't have that either. I think this is must win for him, and if not he's gonna have to do something to completely reinvent himself.

Hard to stay interested in all access or 24/7 with two non English speaking boxers. They're doing themselves a disservice by not learning the English language

Last edited:
Because they root for all Latinos, every one. Hell they root for Pac, cause they think he's Latino
But Lara, he's black to them. 

Please stop posting about these friends. There's been so much wrong in all your posts about "them"

Edit: If I offended you or anyone else by saying "them" I apologize
With that being said, me saying "them" is not what you're trying to make it sound like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom