Please lock.

^ I'm not so sure SoG would destroy Golovkin anymore. I'd still take Ward by decision, but not as wide as you think.

I don't know man, I can only give him so much credit because the middleweight division is just weak, plus Golovkin fought a few light middleweights during his streak too. He's definitely talented, but a full weight class up, dealing with a dude like Ward who made Froch, Kessler Dawson and those guys look like amateurs, I don't think GGG has too much for him. I'd like to see him up against one of the other top guys at 168 first at least, maybe that might change my mind.

Wish the JCC Jr/Golovkin fight never fell through, JCC's size & chin at the very least would've kept him in there for the full 12. Quillin isn't happening because Golden Boy Top Rank. Martin Murray and maybe David Lemiux are about the only dudes left at 160 that I'd wanna see him fight. No more light middleweights, GGG hits too hard for that.

Maybe he should move to 168 and go at Froch, Groves,Anthony Dirrell, Sakio Bika, Abraham, Bute etc. Ward will destroy Golovkin but he has the power and skill to make it interesting with the rest of them.

GGG isn't with top rank he's with k2 promotions. He can fight anyone they just don't want to fight him.

Wish the JCC Jr/Golovkin fight never fell through, JCC's size & chin at the very least would've kept him in there for the full 12. Quillin isn't happening because Golden Boy Top Rank. Martin Murray and maybe David Lemiux are about the only dudes left at 160 that I'd wanna see him fight. No more light middleweights, GGG hits too hard for that.

Maybe he should move to 168 and go at Froch, Groves,Anthony Dirrell, Sakio Bika, Abraham, Bute etc. Ward will destroy Golovkin but he has the power and skill to make it interesting with the rest of them.

GGG isn't with top rank he's with k2 promotions. He can fight anyone they just don't want to fight him.

But there's also the network barrier. GGG more than likely has a deal with HBO.

Terrence Crawford needs to be fighting again before the end of the year.

And Geale is the "best fighter that GGG has fought"

For real?

Last edited:
It's funny I read this article a week or so ago on why GGG can't be a mainstream star: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-ge...-star--and-may-never-be-173345553-boxing.html

On top of the limited opposition he has ahead of him, Golovkin still needs a heavy marketing and public relations push to cross him over.

Golovkin is a good-looking guy who smiles easily and freely and who clearly wants to do all he can to help promote himself.

Nothing he can do is more important than learning to speak English and introducing himself to the American audience. Fans who see his athleticism and power and precision will be awed, and undoubtedly come back for more. He's that talented.

He barely can communicate in English, though, and most of his interviews are translated in which much of the meaning and nuance is lost.

Then I see the post-match interview and dude has no translator and just goes ahead and speaks English, not perfect but that was pretty damn good for his first time?

And dude just had a small part on stage for the Rocky musical. :lol: Good start to marke thimself I guess.

Also on who GGG could fight, he really is limited to HBO/Top Rank (even if he isn't with Top Rank) so anyone from Golden Boy/Showtime can't go face to face with him. Same reason Cotto/GGG vs Canelo won't happen anytime soon.

A fight with WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin would be interesting, at least for boxing fans, but Golovkin is tied to an HBO deal and Quillin is with Golden Boy, which works almost exclusively with Showtime.

Last edited:
He definitely isn't fighting Froch though.
I saw Frochs quote! Damn

"Just swerve Golovkin like the plague. He punches like a mule. I don't need to be in with him. Dangerous fight"
-C Froch

I was laughing at that quote when they showed it on the screen. :lol:

I think it is the first time I heard of him doing a post match interview, at least he is trying.

GGG :pimp:.

I would love to see Triple G take on Canelo, but I doubt that happens.

Realistically, Cotto or JCC Jr. are his best options and I don't know if Cotto takes that risk, I wouldn't blame him either :lol:.

I think it is the first time I heard of him doing a post match interview, at least he is trying.

Go back and watch some of his previous ones, they're hilarious. I actually look forward to it more than the actual fights. His broken English actually gives him some character, it's not necessarily a hindrance. The promoters and networks present some issues, but a few weeks ago we got Lomachenko vs Russell. So it can be done.

Last edited:
Which promotions are they on?

Because isn't De La Hoya salty on HBO and likely why he won't let Canelo fight anyone from that network? Especially if it's going to be a big PPV event because I think they pretty much established Canelo as a PPV guy and a battle with GGG will definitely rack up those buyers.

Last edited:
"Guys, you need show, you need amazing show, just call me, I'm stay here, I'm ready, for everybody."
-GGG

Kellerman- who would you like to fight next
GGG- "Miguel, I respect him Cotto"

Good stuff man

Last edited:
Every fight he builds a bigger fanbase. But the reason he isn't a superstar is not because his broken English, I actually think he does well speaking for himself. Hilarious, but he's speaks well enough. It's all politics and who should be pushed to the forefront. Canelo was brought up to be a ppv guy and doesn't speak a lick of English. Tito Trinidad didn't, nor do JCCjr or his father.

I can't for the life of me understand why Canelo hasn't learned English.
You'd think Oscar would have made him learn.

czmlbi2x1huu1sygbogl.gif

Quillen has been fighting lower level opposition each fight and has looked worse in each fight. I don't think he poses much of a threat to GGG anymore. He hasn't been the same since his wife had a miscarriage.
Kid Chocolate's been revitalized since his wife got pregnant again. Great couple, couldn't happen to two better people.

Every fight he builds a bigger fanbase. But the reason he isn't a superstar is not because his broken English, I actually think he does well speaking for himself. Hilarious, but he's speaks well enough. It's all politics and who should be pushed to the forefront. Canelo was brought up to be a ppv guy and doesn't speak a lick of English. Tito Trinidad didn't, nor do JCCjr or his father.
GGG is very charismatic despite the language barrier and not being fully fluent in English. He constantly smiles, winks, says thank you, and credits his opponents.

Back
Top Bottom