Please lock.

Floyd wobbled Cotto with a nasty uppercut in the 12th and didn't get a knockdown only because he didn't step on the gas. Also Shane Mosley is on record saying Floyd hit him just as hard as Canelo. Floyd has sneaky power and I can easily see him catching Khan with something and wobbling him. Whether he'd actually push it for the KO though, who knows.

I have not seen much of Geale, can he make it interesting tonight?

Oh yea, he's a tough fighter. Split with Mundine, beat Sturm in Germany and lost a fight he should have won to Barker. A top 10 MW for sure.

Not knocking anyone out does not equate to not having knockout power when it comes to Floyd especially when you're talking about Khan who looks like he's going down when punches barely graze him. Come on now.

I don't see why people would want to to see a May/Kahn fight.
After really thinking about it this is the best I can come up with for why/if I'd want to see it.

It's a new fight.
With only 3 fights left, this may be the last fight that isn't a rematch.
I'm in, now. Kind of

Last edited:
Floyd's not worried about a ko he's more worried about out scoring his opponent and winning rounds which is fine seeing as how this is boxing and not UFC. For those saying he has no power get real. He hits ppl with pop shots all night. If he were to sit down and throw 5,6,7 punch combos he'd have way more ko's. I'm pretty sure he's robbed himself of quite a few kos by not stringing punches together when he's had the opportunity. His defense is his greatest strength as well as his weakness. Some ppl watch boxing just to see 2 dudes beat the crap out of each other ie Bradley provodnikov and some can appreciate the mastery a fighter like Floyd brings to the ring making ppl miss, frustrating opponents, sick counters etc. some find that boring. I'll watch Floyd fight anybody because I love that style and I appreciate the chess game. I also love a good brawl but who doesn't?

Last edited:
I know Geale is tough as nails and a credible opponent, but still sensing Golovkin KO 8. I feel GGG will not disappoint in the limelight with added pressure. Speed, pressure, power shots on Geale. Accumulate bodywork and cut off the ring as Geale tries to escape with his elusiveness.

I have Golovkin by KO 8 as well, he hits about as hard as any middleweight I've seen. Geale may not back down but I just don't see him lasting 12 rounds with GGG.

As for Floyd's power his past opponents (Corley and De La Hoya IIRC) have said his punches are strictly meant to outpoint his opposition. If what they say about his punching power is true it is certainly understandable why he ducked out on Margarito and Punisher after the Hatton fight.

I was surprised at how much bigger Golovkin was than Geale at the weigh in. Golovkin doesn't even look like a big middleweight.

Side note: Fury pulled out cause his uncle/trainer fell ill. After all the **** he talked at the press con about other heavyweights. His opponent took the fight on 3 days notice. Fury is a joke.

Last edited:
I'm picking Golovkin by stoppage in round 7.  Daniel Geale is a tough fighter who may challenge Gennady in spurts, but I expect GGG to steamroll him in the middle rounds.  

I'm also picking Bryant Jennings to get by Mike Perez on points.  Perez tends to make himself a sitting duck and that won't bode well for him against Jennings who should be able to potshot from the outside.  I think By-By is the tougher fighter mentally and will win due to his higher work rate.

Last edited:
If this fight was prior to Magomed, Perez would beat Jennings clearly. Too bad he's now out of shape and not the same mentally.

^ I've been following Oscar Valdez since the Olympics he is progressing well. I first heard about him from Ellie Seckback

I think GGG wins by KO 7

Geale is more likely to go down on a shot to the body than to the head. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Golovkin 10-12

Last edited:
Was Terence Crawford sleeping?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom