Please lock.

I figured the PPV numbers would come in higher than the 1st fight, people thought they were really tuning in to see Mayweather get Fraziered.

I figured the PPV numbers would come in higher than the 1st fight, people thought they were really tuning in to see Mayweather get Fraziered.

He straight up told everybody what was gonna happen before the first fight. No game plan, stand right there and throw. That was only to set up the rematch. Again he told ppl what was gonna happen, he got on his bike and out boxed him I only gave maidana round 4 and 12. Everybody knew this was going to happen except for maybe the causal fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But mayweather knows what he's doin it's a chess game he only wants the money and I don't blame him.

Last edited:
I read the gambling numbers were significantly down in the rematch. Betting interest in PBF is diminishing largely since the Canelo fight. I mean, -600 isn't terrible if you're willing to wager a large amount and feel 99% convinced Mayweather would out-box "Chino," safely and comfortably like he did.

I read the gambling numbers were significantly down in the rematch. Betting interest in PBF is diminishing largely since the Canelo fight. I mean, -600 isn't terrible if you're willing to wager a large amount and feel 99% convinced Mayweather would out-box "Chino," safely and comfortably like he did.

I got him at -900 online.

I parlayed Mayweather with Broner so it wasn't that bad.
Taylor gave you an early scare through 6 then. You played Bey?

I was seriously considering it, but did not. If I blindly bet the same amount on all the underdogs this past weekend, I would be up big. Too bad, I implemented that strategy last weekend instead of this one. :lol: Overall there's only been a handful of upsets on Showtime and HBO boxing this year.

9/13: Floyd Mayweather Jr {-800}
9/13: Marcos Rene Maidana {+550}
Over 9.5 {-525} Under 9.5 {+415}

9/13: Miguel Vazquez {-330}
9/13: Mickey Bey {+270}
Over 11.5 {-320} Under 11.5 {+240}

9/13: Leo Santa Cruz {-5000}
9/13: Manuel Roman {+2500}
Over 9.5 {+190} Under 9.5 {-270}

9/13: Alfredo Angulo {-475}
9/13: James De La Rosa {+325}

9/13: John Molina {-270}
9/13: Humberto Soto {+190}
Over 9.5 {-180} Under 9.5 {+140}

Last edited:
I have no idea what all that means. Can you eli5 please?

http://sportsgambling.about.com/od/sportsgambling101/a/intromoneylines.htm

Joe Louis -700
Ray Leonard +550

In this instance, those betting on Joe Louis are being asked to risk $700 to win $100, while Ray Leonard backers are risking $100 to win $550.

The reason for the shift in the difference between the odds is that bookmakers typically only make money when the underdog wins. In point spread betting, the bookie hopes to have an equal amount of money wagered on each team, which will guarantee a profit. In money line betting, the bookie realizes that more people are going to wager on the favorite, and can only hope to have enough wagered on the underdog to cover their potential losses on the favorite.

Using the Louis - Leonard fight as an example, the bookmaker knows more money is going to be wagered on Louis for the reason that his chances of winning are much greater than Leonard's. If bettors collectively wager $14,000 on Louis, the bookmaker hopes to receive $2,000 in wagers on Leonard. While the amount of money wagered on the two fighters is much different, the bookmaker has their bases covered.

If Louis wins as expected, the bookmaker will take the $2,000 from the losing Leonard bettors and pay off the winners. But if Leonard pulls off the upset and wins, the bookmaker will take the $14,000 from the losing Louis bettors and pay off $11,000 to the Leonard bettors and get to keep $3,000 for their effort.
---------------

So I was saying that if you blindly bet say $100 on all of the underdogs this past weekend, it would've been pretty profitable.

You would've lost 200 on Maidana and Roman, but win 270 for Bey, 325 for De La Rosa, and 190 for Humberto Soto.

I have no idea what all that means. Can you eli5 please?

http://sportsgambling.about.com/od/sportsgambling101/a/intromoneylines.htm

Joe Louis -700
Ray Leonard +550

In this instance, those betting on Joe Louis are being asked to risk $700 to win $100, while Ray Leonard backers are risking $100 to win $550.

The reason for the shift in the difference between the odds is that bookmakers typically only make money when the underdog wins. In point spread betting, the bookie hopes to have an equal amount of money wagered on each team, which will guarantee a profit. In money line betting, the bookie realizes that more people are going to wager on the favorite, and can only hope to have enough wagered on the underdog to cover their potential losses on the favorite.

Using the Louis - Leonard fight as an example, the bookmaker knows more money is going to be wagered on Louis for the reason that his chances of winning are much greater than Leonard's. If bettors collectively wager $14,000 on Louis, the bookmaker hopes to receive $2,000 in wagers on Leonard. While the amount of money wagered on the two fighters is much different, the bookmaker has their bases covered.

If Louis wins as expected, the bookmaker will take the $2,000 from the losing Leonard bettors and pay off the winners. But if Leonard pulls off the upset and wins, the bookmaker will take the $14,000 from the losing Louis bettors and pay off $11,000 to the Leonard bettors and get to keep $3,000 for their effort.
---------------

So I was saying that if you blindly bet say $100 on all of the underdogs this past weekend, it would've been pretty profitable.

You would've lost 200 on Maidana and Roman, but win 270 for Bey, 325 for De La Rosa, and 190 for Humberto Soto.

Nevermind :lol:

Last edited:
Come on man, it was salido that took his heart, soul, and chin lol
Two KOs in puelto lico, and then that year suspension where dude had nothing to do but think about the KOs lol

Come on man, it was salido that took his heart, soul, and chin lol
Two KOs in puelto lico, and then that year suspension where dude had nothing to do but think about the KOs lol
I don't discuss the 33-year-old fighter from Mexico. His name brings Voldermort-like nightmares. Robbed my boy "Hi-Tech." No attempt to make weight, and fought dirty. Vasyl still made it close, and banged to the final bell.

I don't discuss the 33-year-old fighter from Mexico. His name brings Voldermort-like nightmares. Robbed my boy "Hi-Tech." No attempt to make weight, and fought dirty. Vasyl still made it close, and banged to the final bell.
Who is hi tech?

Gotta leave your feelings out of this one, ya know salido bombed on juanma and finished him

Back
Top Bottom