Please lock.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Collazo turns attention to Khan[/h1]
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

Immediately after Luis Collazo knocked out fellow former welterweight titlist Victor Ortiz on Jan. 30 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., he immediately called out for the biggest fight any welterweight could ask for -- a showdown with champion and pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collazo probably knew it was unlikely for his next fight, but you can’t blame him for trying. Then his promoter, Golden Boy’s Richard Schaefer, voiced interest in matching Collazo with interim titlist Keith Thurman (22-0, 20 KOs), which would certainly be a good fight.

Collazo (35-5, 18 KOs), however, has another idea. With Mayweather set to fight titleholder Marcos Maidana on May 3, Collazo has turned his attention to a new target -- former junior welterweight titlist Amir Khan (28-3, 19 KOs) of England, the long-rumored Mayweather opponent until he got dumped in favor of Maidana.

"I definitely proved that I should be considered part of the top tier of the welterweight division when I beat Victor Ortiz," said Collazo, who recently signed with powerful adviser Al Haymon. “Another name that has been a part of that conversation for a long time is Amir Khan and I know that a fight against him would be huge for both of us and huge for the fans.

“Khan wants a shot at Floyd Mayweather and so do I. It could be a sort of welterweight playoff that would get the boxing world talking. And mark my words, I will knock Khan out like I did against Ortiz."

A potential Khan-Collazo fight would not be out of the question to take place on Mayweather’s May 3 undercard.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/7842/collazo-turns-attention-to-khan
I'd rather see Khan Vs. Broner, Collazo should just fight Thurman.

Or Edison Miranda ones...before he ran into Pavlik.

Y'all were singing his praises too.

Nah bruh. King Arthur put the beats on him after that wild bout overseas

When Arthur fought the whole fight with that broken jaw, I completely forgot about that first fight. I gotta see if I can find that post fight interview :lol: he was wild in that one with the whole outfit.

I only remember every fawning over Miranda when he knocked that fool through the ropes on FNF way back when :lol:

I'm not fond of Khan but he's gonna put them paws on broner. Just watch. Reach, speed, lateral movement. Broners never faced problems like this at this level.

So Carlos Molina is a unregistered sex offender in Wisconsin and is currently detained in Las Vegas jail but still scheduled to fight on Saturday

I just read that about Molina. Crazy! I don't know the whole story but if Molina doesn't fight, I won't be disappointed at all. Save me 12 rounds of boredom.

Last edited:
Sergio Macho Camacho (Denver)

Dan why did the Khan vs Broner not get any real traction?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:12 PM)

Because it is not happening. Broner is going down to 140, according to GB.

So it'll probably be Collazo/Khan which is still an excellent fight to me.

Sergio Macho Camacho (Denver)

Dan why did the Khan vs Broner not get any real traction?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:12 PM)

Because it is not happening. Broner is going down to 140, according to GB.

So it'll probably be Collazo/Khan which is still an excellent fight to me.
broner dropping back down to 140 has been said for months that's why it was stupid for them to be going back and forth.

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:57 PM)

I traded emails again with Leon Margules about Molina. I asked him how things looked for him getting out in jail to fight. His response: "Not so good."

I think his last fight before Burns was on HBO and they weren't impressed and Burns always fights overseas (some deal with his promoter/TV network out there).

I think he might get Juan Diaz, he's almost in line for a title fight at light weight.

I thought Khan was still fighting at 140lbs and was only going to move up if he got the Mayweather fight?

Who will Broner fight at 140?

Him and Danny Garcia are friends, Ruslan is with Top Rank, no way they throw him in with Matthysse after losing to Maidana.

I guess he could fight Peterson

Rumor has it Broner is gonna fight John Molina at 140 .. I've only seen Molina vs Bey so I'm not sure if this would be a good or bad matchup.

I thought Khan was still fighting at 140lbs and was only going to move up if he got the Mayweather fight?

Who will Broner fight at 140?

Him and Danny Garcia are friends, Ruslan is with Top Rank, no way they throw him in with Matthysse after losing to Maidana.

I guess he could fight Peterson

Stupid *** mentality Khan has :lol:

I think Peterson would be the best bet.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Bad week for Molina. Gets arrested and tossed in the can, fight canceled, no $275k payday AND might be in jail for a long time to come.

Apparently, the fight replacing Molina/Charlo is going to be a much better action fight but we'll see.

@stevecarprj: Leon Margules, Molina's promoter, said the fighter has been in the country illegally for the past eight years. Was deported in '06.

Back
Top Bottom