Please lock.

Different fights. Lara stood around and traded with Angulo. He just tried to copy the Floyd blue print to beat Canelo. But he's not nearly as accurate as Floyd. Floyd may Canelo pay for bad misses. Lara didn't and couldn't.

Lara vs GGG is a good fight to me

I used to dislike Khan and I don't know why.

Since I couldn't figure out why, I had to get that hate out of my heart.

Fortune and peace to you Mr. Khan.

\
I used to dislike Khan and I don't know why.
Since I couldn't figure out why, I had to get that hate out of my heart.
Fortune and peace to you Mr. Khan.

I think most of his "haters" don't really dislike him. They just dislike how he's obsessed with getting a Mayweather fight.

\
I think most of his "haters" don't really dislike him. They just dislike how he's obsessed with getting a Mayweather fight.

This. I actually like Amir khan. But at this point he needs to step aside and let the pacquiao **** happen. He still got DSG problems and barley escaped maidana. I'd much rather him fight one of those 2

Last edited:
I would love to watch Khan and Garcia go at it again... I actually felt Khan was winning up until mid-3rd round.

I'd like for him to fight Kell Brook or Keith Thurman first though.

He was. khan is a very good boxer. His downfall is his chin and his bravado. He gets hit hard then wants to bang instead of boxing

Definitely. His pride is what got him... before he seemed to fight with a swinger's chance everytime he got hit hard!

Now he's been utilizing his clinch more effectively.

Last edited:
Can't quite call it a classic for me, but was a good Match.

Is khan the only guy in that camp who has chance at big fights?
When was andre Ward's last fight? Froch in 2013?

Last edited:

Ward fought Froch in 2011, Dawson in 2012, Edwin Rodriguez in 2013, and no one in 2014.
3 fights in 4 years. :smh:

He was. khan is a very good boxer. His downfall is his chin and his bravado. He gets hit hard then wants to bang instead of boxing
People say, I say/said this dude has a glass jaw but, I don't know that I can take a squared on punch like the ones that knocked him out and stay up if given 10 seconds.

He has a little bit of Prince Naseem Hamed in him, fighting DSG and besting him would put him back right in so many ways. 

So I definitely feel the "people hate on him because he wants the Mayweather fight too much" comment. I personally would love to see him work Garcia on GP.

Last edited:

Ward fought Froch in 2011, Dawson in 2012, Edwin Rodriguez in 2013, and no one in 2014.
3 fights in 4 years. :smh:

Mannnnnnnn
Only Froch stands out in my mind and that was super 6 right ??? ( i forgot all about Dawson trying to fight at 168)
My goodness that was along time ago.

The word on the street is Roc Nation wants to acquire Ward somehow probably by settling financially with Goosen. But now that Chavez Jr is with Haymon, we know they're not fighting if that happens. Nor do I think Ward has much desire to fight Degale or rematch Froch. I know people say Ward should fight GGG, but the money and demand for it isn't at the level to make it worthwhile for both sides. So he's in no man's land unless he moves to 175. *shrugs*

From a business standpoint you have to mind your opponents when Boxing.

The Sport itself is terrible because of it. 

It's more political than State Politics. It will never bounce back.

You will never get the 1a vs 1b fights on purpose.

The word on the street is Roc Nation wants to acquire Ward somehow probably by settling financially with Goosen. But now that Chavez Jr is with Haymon, we know they're not fighting if that happens. Nor do I think Ward has much desire to fight Degale or rematch Froch. I know people say Ward should fight GGG, but the money and demand for it isn't at the level to make it worthwhile for both sides. So he's in no man's land unless he moves to 175. *shrugs*

At some point he may have to look at his bottom line. How many years/fights are left on his deal with Goosen?
It may be better for him to just fight thru the "bad deal" he thinks he has now in order to keep his name floating for more money fights.

How much more is he losing by just sitting out instead of fighting under a deal he doesn't like?
Is there any site online that has his contract details?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't get the big whoop over Chavez jr he's just a guy who can take hella punishment and keep going

At some point he may have to look at his bottom line. How many years/fights are left on his deal with Goosen?
It may be better for him to just fight thru the "bad deal" he thinks he has now in order to keep his name floating for more money fights.

How much more is he losing by just sitting out instead of fighting under a deal he doesn't like?
Is there any site online that has his contract details?

From what I can find online, he re-signed an extension in 2011 that kept him under Goossen until September 2015. But here is the kicker, the courts ruled all of the inactivity can be added to the contract. Now the deal is good until November 2016.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles-frontpage/19556-andre-ward-to-roc-nation-sports-

Back
Top Bottom