Please lock.

^QFT except for the Pac ducking part

Cant put blame on one person, I blame the both of them

Here we go with this stuff...like Floyd hasnt earned the right to dictate who he fights? On top of that look at his resume! He's been through the gauntlet. Some of y'all just mad cuz he made it look easy. Yes I'm mad that he's been ducking pacman but he has his reasons and that fight can still happen.
Ducking Pac man? 
laugh.gif
......... Anywho I'm pissed at the general state of boxing man. Lomachenko is getting another title shot without having to earn it while fighters like Keith Thurman can't even get a decent fight man. Khan can duck and dodge his way to a potential Mayweather fight while Lara can't get a crack at the top dog in his division.  Boxing is so ****ing corrupt it's not even funny.

^QFT except for the Pac ducking part

Cant put blame on one person, I blame the both of them

Ur right I don't really blame Floyd he initially didn't want the fight because he knew pacquiao was on roids then when he was willing to entertain it pacquiaos negotiating seemed to kill it. Now all of the sudden he's willing to fight him for free? if he wanted the fight THAT bad he'd have left top rank. Floyd is protected by saying that pacquiao still has Bradley problems he still has Marquez problems and he won't do business with bob arum. So if pacquiao wants the Floyd fight THAT bad he needs to handle those 3 problems...which can potentially be done in time for Floyd's last bout

Last edited:
Anywho I'm pissed at the general state of boxing man. Lomachenko is getting another title shot without having to earn it while fighters like Keith Thurman can't even get a decent fight man. Khan can duck and dodge his way to a potential Mayweather fight while Lara can't get a crack at the top dog in his division.  Boxing is so ****ing corrupt it's not even funny.

QFT. ALL OF THIS :smh: .. sad we continue to get robbed of potentially great fights due to the politics in boxing.

Haymon taking Stevenson over to Showtime...:smh:

And we get robbed of another fan friendly fight in Stevenson/Kovalev is down the drain for now.

I get the sense Superman didn't want that problem anyway...would rather fight Hopkins. More money, less risk. :rolleyes

Haymon is signing everyone, which is good for boxing.

It's going to get to the point where the cold war will end because Top Rank will run out of options.

Last edited:

It's going to get to the point where the cold war will end because Top Rank will run out of options.
Stevenson wasn't with Top Rank though, he was with HBO.

Last edited:
Pretty good card coming up on April 26th ..

Keith Thurman vs Julio Diaz

Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina

Omar Figueroa vs Jerry Belmontes

Last edited:
HBO didn't put the ink on the dotted line and Showtime offered a lot more money for Stevenson. HBO had the right to match the offer but chose not too.

Marquez v. Alvarado tickets on sale April 1.

"Promoted by Top Rank[emoji]174[/emoji] in association with Zanfer Promotions, Márquez Boxing and Tecate, tickets to Márquez vs. Alvarado will go on sale Tuesday, April 1 at 3:00 p.m. ET / Noon PT. Priced at $400, $250, $150, $75 and $35, tickets can be purchased at the Forum box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (800-745-3000), and online at www.ticketmaster.com or www.fabulousforum.com. And to celebrate boxing's return to the Forum, any $150 or $75 ticket, purchased at the box office or via Ticketmaster on April 1, between Noon and 4:00 p.m. PT, will include a complimentary companion ticket to the inaugural brawl. Limit six (6) tickets per order."

Anyone know what they mean about the "complimentary companion ticket to the inaugural brawl"? If you buy a ticket at $150 or $75 you get to bring someone?

HBO didn't put the ink on the dotted line and Showtime offered a lot more money for Stevenson. HBO had the right to match the offer but chose not too.

FWIW:

Although unsigned, HBO believed it had a multifight agreement in place with him that was to include the Fonfara fight followed by a fall fight against fellow devastating puncher and titleholder Sergey Kovalev (23-0-1, 21 KOs), one of the most anticipated fights in boxing.

On Saturday night in Atlantic City, N.J., Kovalev will face Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs) in what was supposed to serve as his showcase fight before the anticipated fall showdown with Stevenson for 175-pound supremacy.

In November, HBO facilitated a doubleheader in which Kovalev fought on a Stevenson undercard in Quebec City, where both fighters retained their titles with spectacular knockouts to whet the appetite of fight fans for their eventual meeting.

HBO contends it had reached a multifight agreement with Michel in January to continue its relationship with Stevenson. However, Michel, Stevenson and Al Haymon, the powerful adviser who recently signed Stevenson -- and whom HBO won't do business with -- had the right to solicit other offers and got a bigger one from Showtime for the Fonfara fight.

HBO had the right to match the offer until Tuesday's deadline but declined, sending Stevenson to the rival network to fight Fonfara and probably killing the prospect of a Kovalev fight.

HBO said it refused to match the Showtime offer because it believed it already had a deal for the fight. HBO said that it was only after Stevenson signed with Haymon last month that Michel came back to the network seeking to "renegotiate" for significantly more money for the Fonfara fight on top of no longer being willing to commit to the fall fight with Kovalev.

"We had a deal. It changed. It is not the way we do it," HBO spokesman Ray Stallone told ESPN.com

What do those last two statements back to back tell you? They want way more money for a Fonfara fight along with not committing to a Kovalev fight? If that's the case, then let him go to Showtime and wait to see if he'll get paid for Hopkins to school him for 12 rounds. He doesn't wanna man up to fight Kovalev then so be it.

FWIW:

Although unsigned, HBO believed it had a multifight agreement in place with him that was to include the Fonfara fight followed by a fall fight against fellow devastating puncher and titleholder Sergey Kovalev (23-0-1, 21 KOs), one of the most anticipated fights in boxing.

On Saturday night in Atlantic City, N.J., Kovalev will face Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs) in what was supposed to serve as his showcase fight before the anticipated fall showdown with Stevenson for 175-pound supremacy.

In November, HBO facilitated a doubleheader in which Kovalev fought on a Stevenson undercard in Quebec City, where both fighters retained their titles with spectacular knockouts to whet the appetite of fight fans for their eventual meeting.

HBO contends it had reached a multifight agreement with Michel in January to continue its relationship with Stevenson. However, Michel, Stevenson and Al Haymon, the powerful adviser who recently signed Stevenson -- and whom HBO won't do business with -- had the right to solicit other offers and got a bigger one from Showtime for the Fonfara fight.

HBO had the right to match the offer until Tuesday's deadline but declined, sending Stevenson to the rival network to fight Fonfara and probably killing the prospect of a Kovalev fight.

HBO said it refused to match the Showtime offer because it believed it already had a deal for the fight. HBO said that it was only after Stevenson signed with Haymon last month that Michel came back to the network seeking to "renegotiate" for significantly more money for the Fonfara fight on top of no longer being willing to commit to the fall fight with Kovalev.

"We had a deal. It changed. It is not the way we do it," HBO spokesman Ray Stallone told ESPN.com

What do those last two statements back to back tell you? They want way more money for a Fonfara fight along with not committing to a Kovalev fight? If that's the case, then let him go to Showtime and wait to see if he'll get paid for Hopkins to school him for 12 rounds. He doesn't wanna man up to fight Kovalev then so be it.

To me, it sounds like they were going off of a verbal agreement and as it says Stevenson "had the right to solicit other offers and got a bigger one from Showtime for the Fonfara fight." What did HBO expect to happen? Showtime is trying to clean HBO out, they should've known better. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Kovalev on Showtime by the end of the year.

I knew this was going to happen as soon as I saw Stevenson hanging around the Watson brothers a few months ago. Hopkins vs Stevenson intrigues me just as much as Stevenson vs Kovalev. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Stevenson wasn't with Top Rank though, he was with HBO.
Come on man, if you fight on HBO you might as well be Top Rank.
and if you sign with haymon its damn near a lock your fighting on showtime. I think only 2 of haymon figthers have fought on HBO last year and it was the guy ward fought and someone else. and both times haymon or the waston family wasn't there.

with all these recent singings from haymon something big must be in the works

So Matthysse isn't fighting on the Mayweather vs Maidana undercard?

Nah, Broner didn't want any parts of him :lol:

there was never talks of them 2 fighting each other, but was talks of Matthysse getting a spot on the undercard VS someone

Broner was going to be his opponent if they put him on the card but those talks never really gained any steam. Floyd was trying to sell the whole US vs Argentina thing, as you see in the flyer above, but that matchup was too dangerous for Broner coming off a loss.

I just hope Broner is done with his antics and takes boxing seriously going forward.

So Matthysse isn't fighting on the Mayweather vs Maidana undercard?

Nah, Broner didn't want any parts of him :lol:

there was never talks of them 2 fighting each other, but was talks of Matthysse getting a spot on the undercard VS someone

Broner was going to be his opponent if they put him on the card but those talks never really gained any steam. Floyd was trying to sell the whole US vs Argentina thing, as you see in the flyer above, but that matchup was too dangerous for Broner coming off a loss.

I just hope Broner is done with his antics and takes boxing seriously going forward.

Going by his most recent interviews, he's not changing.

Back
Top Bottom