Please lock.

Broner out here looking like Raekwon

Porter beat the dog **** out of Paulie, Time for him to go the RJJ analyst route full time

Last edited:
I really don't get why people are so stunned by what Porter did to Paulie. Porter took this fight instead of the Thurman fight for the reason you just saw. Paulie is past it and Porter is a huge aggressive welter. I'm not shocked that he ragged dolled Paulie. I'm shocked that people are shocked. The fight was a cherry pick from the beginning just like when Broner cherry picked Paulie. Thurman is more than willing to fight Porter. It's Porter and his team that don't want the fight.

Paulie is no easy task. He's given very very good fighters tough battles with his boxing skills. 

Porter ran through him and deserves respect. Paulie didn't have a good game plan though. Needed to stay outside. Dirty boxing isn't really his forte. 

I've never seen a boxer with marshmallow hands and a granite chin. Quote the combination Paulie has 
laugh.gif

Just finished watching Hop-Shumenov. So gassed for BHop. Favorite fighter of all time. Glad he got that knockdown.

Do they really call Shumenov the Bruce Lee of boxing? 
roll.gif

Hopkins must be the Jesus Christ of boxing.

Paulie is no easy task. He's given very very good fighters tough battles with his boxing skills. 

Porter ran through him and deserves respect. Paulie didn't have a good game plan though. Needed to stay outside. Dirty boxing isn't really his forte. 

I've never seen a boxer with marshmallow hands and a granite chin. Quote the combination Paulie has 
laugh.gif
Porter was going to get in Paulie's *** on the inside or outside. Paulie doesn't have the punching power to deter someone as big as Porter from coming in. Porter had a great game plan aslo. He swarmed Paulie at times and at times he sat back. Paulie had no idea what was coming next.  
U should be really shocked that paulie got knocked out.
Paulie is washed. So is Zab and a host of other dudes that need to retire. Nothing shocking about a young lion beating the breaks off a washed up dude that doesn't know when to quit. Thurman would have beat the breaks off him also which is why Paulie avoided the fight. I do give Porter credit for smashing him though just saying it's not that shocking that he beat the breaks off Paulie imo. Porter started out around 160. Paulie is a natural 140 lber. Porter is younger and more hungry. Paulie is older and just looking to get paid at this point. I'd be shocked if Porter knocked out Bradley, Thurman or someone like that.

I knew Porter was slept on, but did not know he had it in him. :x

He's really surprised he his last couple of fights considering I didn't really think much of him prior that. Makes me wonder how much his work with Conte has improved him physically (not to accuse him of anything shady).

Anyway, 147 is so stacked now and I'd love to see him in there with the likes of Thurman, Khan, Brook, or Maidana. Maybe even as a potential Maywweather opponent down the line if he can continue to impress.

I picked him to beat Alexander, but didn't think he would beat Paulie so easily. For a while people knew him as Pacquiao's sparring partner. I believe he helped Manny for his Cotto and Mosley camps. Ironically, Porter reminds me of those two. That experience with Pacquiao has to count for something.

Pac's sparring partners are coming up! :lol: Tells you a lot about the type of camp they go they have.

Last edited:

Porter was going to get in Paulie's *** on the inside or outside. Paulie doesn't have the punching power to deter someone as big as Porter from coming in. Porter had a great game plan aslo. He swarmed Paulie at times and at times he sat back. Paulie had no idea what was coming next.  
Paulie would have fared better on the outside. Not saying he would've won, but it would have at least lasted longer and provided him a chance to frustrate Porter. Malignaggi doesn't have the strength to dirty box with Porter. He needed to have his dancing shoes on.

Paulie would have fared better on the outside. Not saying he would've won, but it would have at least lasted longer and provided him a chance to frustrate Porter. Malignaggi doesn't have the strength to dirty box with Porter. He needed to have his dancing shoes on.
I agree but Porter was just going to walk him down anyway. Fight might have lasted a bit longer had he tried to exclusively box on the outside but I doubt Porter was going to oblige him anyway. Porter is just physically way stronger and was going to use that to his advantage just like he did in the Alexander fight. Devon tried to box on the outside and got waxed. Paulie was going to receive the same treatment.

The thought of Porter/Thurman :x :D

Is Porter with Haymon as well?

Not surprised he won, it's the way he did...Has Paulie ever been KO'ed? Stopped yes, but I don't remember him being out on the canvas.

Chopped it up with DSG, Gabe Rosado, "Kid Chocolate" and his wife, Danny Jacobs.

Quillin's wife is equally dope as attractive.

Quick ringside hits:

Shumenov has a bad habit of dropping his left hand too low, susceptible to the right hook. Hopkins got in his head gradually starting from Round 3 forward.

Porter saw and exploited the overhand right all night. Paulie tried to establish the jab and clinch for dear life, to no avail. Malignaggi did motion and verbalize to the media right after the knockout, "I'm okay, I'm okay." "Showtime" Porter isn't afraid to get inside and he's very successful with dirty boxing. Proved it first in December against Dev's reach advantage. Reaffirmed it last night disregarding Paulie's jab, movement, and experience.

Quillin was very technical and sound with his counter-punching against Lukas. Crowd didn't quite appreciate the craftsmanship.

Shuman of also had terrible footwork. Tough to get any power off . And most punches thrown were all arms. Can't believe this dude had a belt.

How far do you guys think Kid Chocolate can go? I think his defense will be his downfall if he gets hit with by a power puncher.

I'm hearing that PAC will fight the winner of Marquez v Alvarado. I want Marquez to win only to see Pac get his revenge on his steroid a**

How do you guys think pacquiao did against Bradley on their 2nd fight is he the same pacquiao or is he slowly losing it.

Probably his biggest payday, but Stevenson will regret fighting Hopkins. A dumb move. No matter win or lose there is simply no winning against him

In regards to Manny there really is no losing "it". Father Time is a bastard but the dude can still flat out box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom