Please lock.

Canelo will fight May again sooner or later. Not because he deserves it, but because it makes sense for Mayweather. Who will be a bigger payday other than Canelo Part 2? Don't say Pac because it won't happen.

If Martinez looks good and knocks out Cotto like I think he will probably Floyd fights Martinez he's with Lou Dibella but I'm not sure about Martinez hbo contact?

Canelo doesn't even deserve a rematch he did nothing and weight wasn't the issue.

I'm thinking the winner of cotto v. SM will probably be the opponent for may's Sept fight.
If cotto comes out with an amazing win by ko or something. He could get that rematch.
Or if SM comes thru looking like a younger SM and wins, they could make it as if SM is coming for vengeance against may for taking out a fellow Argententian.
Idk. Lol....just a though

Edit...Mfresh I was thinking the same thing...

Floyd isn't going to fight at 154 if it doesn't make $ sense. The only two I see him fighting again at 154 are Canelo or Cotto.

If Canelo beats Lara it's 100% of a possibility because of the money the first one generated, and they can advertise how better Canelo has gotten and how he's not green anymore. It's easy and a lot of $ for Mayweather. If Cotto loses, then there's no way Mayweather fights Martinez even if Martinez were to move down to 154 because Martinez doesn't have that fanbase that Canelo or Cotto has.

Floyd is interested in money, and that's the reason he's fighting Maidana, because every casual boxing fan things he has a chance since he beat Broner and people compare Broner to Mayweather.

That's why he even considered Khan who has done absolutely nothing other than get chin checked a bunch of times, because he has the UK fanbase.

As far as Porter goes, rumors are that they want Pacquiao and it could be a possibility since they're not signed to anybody. The rumor is also that they are willing to fight Thurman but they want in writing that if they were to win, they are guaranteed Mayweather.

If Martinez looks good and knocks out Cotto like I think he will probably Floyd fights Martinez he's with Lou Dibella but I'm not sure about Martinez hbo contact?

Canelo doesn't even deserve a rematch he did nothing and weight wasn't the issue.
I don't think Martinez will knockout Cotto. But I do think it'll be a good fight with Cotto winning. I think he improved now that he has Roach in his corner. The way I see it is Cotto catching Martinez on the chin since he likes leaving his hands down

This is what I want to see happen. I want Thurman to fight Guerrero, and the winner of that to fight Porter after he beats Brook. Porter is Brook's IBF mandatory so that will probably happen next. I want there to be some build up to the Porter//Thurman fight and to me that's a 50/50 fight.

Edit -

Porter ordered to face Brook

Barely 24 hours after welterweight titlist Shawn Porter destroyed former titleholder Paulie Malignaggi in the fourth round of a brutal, efficient and impressive performance to retain his belt for the first time on Saturday night at the DC Armory in Washington, D.C., he was put on notice about his mandatory defense.

The IBF, which sanctions the belt Porter holds, sent a letter on Monday to Porter (24-0-1, 15 KOs) and Golden Boy Promotions, ordering his mandatory against England's Kell Brook (32-0, 22 KOs).

"Congratulations on your win over Paulie Malignaggi last Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the DC Armory in Washington, DC in an optional defense of the IBF welterweight championship," IBF championship chairman Lindsey Tucker wrote. "We wish you all the best for a long and illustrious career as the IBF welterweight champion.

"The IBF granted Golden Boy Promotions an exception to regulations for the Porter vs. Malignaggi fight. One of the conditions of the exception is that the winner must fight the leading available contender within 90 days. The leading available contender is No. 1 Kell Brook. ... Negotiations should commence immediately and be concluded by May 21, 2014. In the event that you are unable to come to an amiable agreement with Brook, the IBF will call for a purse bid."

The IBF further ordered that neither Porter nor Brook can take another fight until the mandatory is completed. If Porter did, he would be stripped of the title. If Brook did, he would lose his mandatory status.

Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer said he plans to discuss the Porter fight, among other topics, with Porter adviser Al Haymon when they are both in Las Vegas next week for the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Marcos Maidana fight.

It remains to be seen whether Schaefer and Eddie Hearn, Brook's promoter, can make a deal.

Link

Last edited:
sneakertalk sneakertalk pretty hard to say if Cotto has improved, he beat Delvin Rodriguez, not a top opponent and not only that, that is the 1st and only fight under roach!
With that being said #teamcotto

Yea that was a tune up fight and he looked pretty damn good to me. With Roach training him I have a lot of confidence in him. And you can tell in that fight that he looks different in a good way hopefully [emoji]128512[/emoji] #TeamCotto. I respect Sergio's power

I expect Miguel to come out sharp against Sergio, but he'll be in trouble once Sergio takes away his left hook and begins controlling the fight from the outside and peppering him with combinations off the jab.

Roach is going to have no impact on Miguel Cotto. When dude loses he always blames everybody but himself. He is who he is, Roach is not going to change anything. Besides, Roach is one of the most overrated trainers of all time.

I can see mares and Guerrero being on the Canelo Lara undercard to beef up sales due to Lara not having a big fan base outside of boxing heads

Back
Top Bottom