Please lock.

Can someone post the punch stats ?
Mayweather 230 of 426

Madiana 221 of 858 
laugh.gif

anybody who doesn't want a rematch is crazy
Anybody who wants a rematch is crazy.  Floyd can replicate what he did in the latter rounds for another 12 rounds.  You can't tell me it took Floyd 6 rounds to figure out Maidana.  He knew people were second guessing his decision to fight Maidana, so he traded shots to make the fight more interesting.

They should of fought a long time ago, but again, this is boxing aka "the easy road".

Well, if you still believe that Floyd didn't fight him a long time ago due to wanting to take the"easy road" then, I'm assuming you are just blinded with hate and not looking at the situation from a neutral standpoint. But, it is what it is.

Anybody who wants a rematch is crazy.  Floyd can replicate what he did in the latter rounds for another 12 rounds.  You can't tell me it took Floyd 6 rounds to figure out Maidana.  He knew people were second guessing his decision to fight Maidana, so he traded shots to make the fight more interesting.

Bingo. Rematch for what?

anybody who doesn't want a rematch is crazy

i agree with this no comment on the rest :lol:

but yeah even if there was a rematch floyd would school him just look at the punches landed and punches thrown

Last edited:
Well, if you still believe that Floyd didn't fight him a long time ago due to wanting to take the"easy road" then, I'm assuming you are just blinded with hate and not looking at the situation from a neutral standpoint. But, it is what it is.

What are you babbling about? I'm a fan of boxing. I dont ride or die for anyone. If they wanted to fight they could of. No dollar amount would of stopped them. They ducked each other, that's boxing in today's age. WE are the ones missing out.

When Floyd wins the salty crowd comes out [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]....fight wasn't even close...robbery my *** gump

What are you babbling about? I'm a fan of boxing. I dont ride or die for anyone. If they wanted to fight they could of. No dollar amount would of stopped them. They ducked each other, that's boxing in today's age. WE are the ones missing out.

Haha@ babbling. But anyway, who do you think he should fight?

do we not think chino could've learned anything tonight too? a khan mayweather fight would be less action than the mayweather guerrero fight

Had it 7-5 Maidana, but I thought 4 rds could have went either way. Floyd probably could have (and will in the rematch) won by a landslide, but it seems he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been until the later rounds. I don't know if he was trying to conserve energy for the 2nd half, but he used very little lateral movement early and could have prevented a lot of the bullying into the ropes easily.

When it comes to judging, I understand that clean and effective punches are paramount, but with Floyd only landing 2 clean combos and a few counters vs getting pushed back and hit on the ropes for 2+ minutes. It's hard for me to say he won a lot of those swing rounds. It's really a matter of judging style, but I tend to subscribe to the belief, who would i rather be in each round. I'd probably rather have been Maidana than Floyd over the course of those 12 rounds, I actually thought Maidana won the fight.

I don't know if resting early or taking parts of rounds off (which he has done in the past) was part of Floyd's gameplan, but I kind of saw it as a sign of aging. The Floyd that fought Hatton would have won this easily imo, maybe by stoppage

I doubt if Mayweather really let the fight go Maidana's way just to make it entertaining, as someone said several posts before. I sensed that something was wrong with Mayweather. A little flat-footed maybe? His usual movement was not there.

If he won't fight Manny next I won't mind a rematch with Maidana. The Argentine better do some more stamina training next time.

Floyd just swindles some of you idiots so easy it's not even funny. No one with half a working brain wanted to see this fight which is why Floyd fought the way he did. The man can do whatever he wants in the ring whenever he deems. He let Maidana tee off on him on the ropes. When he actually felt like pivoting out so he wouldn't get trapped on the ropes he did with ease. Based on this performance, Floyd just cashed in on another huge payday in his next. People are going to buy it thinking he will lose because he has gotten old overnight which he clearly hasn't.

I'd much rather see Floyd fight winner if Sergio/cotto especially if it's Sergio

Would be a mind-blower if that happened.

I know I said this previously and while a lot contend that the fight should've been stopped in the 10th I think Khan beat Maidana in their bout. I agree Cortez got in the way and Maidana would've probably stopped Khan but in any case Khan finished strong in the 12 and gutted out the controversial victory.

Horrible refereeing but not Khan's fault.

If it came down to a Mayweather vs Maidana rematch or Mayweather vs Khan I'd rather see the latter. Floyd's career is coming to an end and IMO he beat Maidana tonight and would do so again in a rematch. Floyd had a slow start because of Maidana's aggressiveness, his ability to cut off the ring, and his awkward punching style/angles (making it difficult early on for Floyd to time his counters). I think Floyd has the blueprint to beat Maidana and would get to work even faster in a rematch.

Again, as I said previously, nobody is outboxing Floyd. Maidana's only chance was to win via KO, and the same would hold true in a rematch. I don't see it happening as Maidana pretty much did all he could in this fight. He's not a fighter who watches tape, he isn't prone to making adjustments, he is who he is and that's alright. But let another guy get a shot.

If Golden Boy is going to keep things in house with Floyd, and if Lara can pull off an upset against Canelo, I'd be interested in seeing Floyd fighting Lara.

Last edited:
Floyd was landing cleaner punches and he was on the ropes a lot of the rounds. Maidana tried to get rough and land chopping over hands they were wild but did land. It was a close fight and the haters can't say Floyd ran. I don't want to see a rematch.

I hope Khan doesn't get Floyd fight. Khan can't fight in Sept.

pretty exciting fight

if they do a rematch mayweather would win convincingly in all rounds

it would be a more boring fight and more one-sided towards mayweather.

Lol @ anyone expecting Maidana to win this fight.

I disagree.

As I said previously, if anyone is going to beat Floyd it's not going to be because they're better at the sweet science, nobody is outboxing him. Maidana's 81% KO percentage gave him as good a shot as any at unseating Floyd. Did I think he'd do it? No...

Did I think he had a better chance than Vegas and most were giving him? Especially considering his style? Absolutely.

So would I fault anyone for thinking Maidana was going to win? All things considered no. If they're picking him for his awkward style and his punching power and not because they just want to hate on Floyd I wouldn't laugh at them.

Hats off to Maidana he did his best. I don't think people realize how good a chin Floyd has on him, he has the ability to fireback when getting hit, he just looks comfortable most of the time in there, but he takes a very good punch and people may take that for granted when watching him. Maidana was a game opponent but Floyd is just that complete of a fighter. Not only is his defensive boxing fantastic, but he can take a shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom