Please Lock.

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  5h5 hours ago
Frampton-Quigg Deal Reached For 2/27 in Manchester http://dlvr.it/CbHmw8  #boxing
pimp.gif

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  13h13 hours ago
Gary Russell: I Want Leo Santa Cruz, Selby or Mares Next http://dlvr.it/Cb33tx  #boxing
 BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  12h12 hours ago
Khan: Brook Must Prove Himself To Make Our Fight Huge http://dlvr.it/Cb50KS  #boxing
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Khan talkin like he went thru some wars, or made a name for him self Hes about 27 punches from losin his dam mind

Last edited:
Even though he got a weak chin, and talks out his @ss, y'all acting like Khan hasn't put in work.
Check his resume.
Now after the manny debacle I don't know why he still talking slick about Brook.

I haven't been keeping up but what happened to Thurman/Porter?? I want these two to go at it.

Even though he got a weak chin, and talks out his @ss, y'all acting like Khan hasn't put in work.
Check his resume.
Now after the manny debacle I don't know why he still talking slick about Brook.

I haven't been keeping up but what happened to Thurman/Porter?? I want these two to go at it.

Man, you actin like khan is THAT DUDE. sitcho *** down somewhere.

^
Hey dirtbag!
How long you been watching boxing?!?

You talking about a guy who's 31-3-0
He's beaten the likes of Barrera, Maidana, Paulie, Judah, Molina, Collazo, and Alexander.
He's fought some tough competition.
You may not like him personally, or his fighting style, but you can't say he hasn't put in some work.
I'm not saying he's that dude, but given the right opponent he mixes it up and puts on a show.
Sure he talks a lot but which boxer doesn't.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to talks of Garcia vs Khan rematch for the vacant WBC Welterweight strap and has Floyd even vacated yet?

Floyd hasn't vacated any of his belts, because he's not retired.

It's rumoured the new MGM has already set aside a date for him.  There's some buzz that it's going to be next May, but that seems unlikely considering that Dana White has said that he has been "promised", that UFC 200 which is scheduled for 7/2, will be the first sporting event at the arena. 

He'll probably be fighting again next fall, maybe September if Canelo-GGG isn't happening then. 

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  12h12 hours ago
I'm told HBO is considering picking up US rights to televise @AndyLeeBoxing vs. @bjsaunders_ on Dec. 19. #boxing
Hopefully someone picks up that Anthony Joshua fight too.  That guy, not Wilder, is the future of the HW division. 
 Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  5h5 hours ago
.@andreward signs @HBOboxing deal,which starts on #CottoCanelo card on way to @KrusherKovalev fight.My story http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...s-part-three-fight-deal-ending-sergey-kovalev … #boxing
 Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  5h5 hours ago
Word is reason Thurman-Porter is no go Dec. 12 is because Haymon is saving it for first PBC prime time card on Fox main network on Jan. 23.

Maidana was definitely a solid win. The rest of Khan's name wins are not as impressive when you consider where they were in their careers when he fought them. Plus he lost to DSG and Lamont when he was in his prime. Basically he's in the mix with everybody else, not a level above like he seems to think. He has a superstar mentality but he hasn't even fought a dangerous opponent since he got knocked out by DSG 3 years ago. Collazo or Algieri mighta been the toughest dudes on his schedule since then.

It looks like his plan is just to fight reasonably beatable opponents with name value until he gets a big money fight. He definitely won't fight a top guy like thurman or brook until the money is there.

Last edited:
Con has a solid resume but where he gets hate from people is how he shamelessly courted Floyd then Pac for a fight while ducking legitimate money fights. Kell vs Con is a very good fight and a money fight in the UK. He has tried to skate by fighting lesser dudes but he's looked horrible in those fights too. I have no problem with dudes fighting who they fight but he keeps bashing Brook when he's no better than him.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  10h10 hours ago
BREAKING NEWS: Ken Hershman has resigned as president of HBO Sports. He will work thru the end of the year. No replacement set. #boxing
 Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  8h8 hours ago
If I were a betting man I'd say the odds on favorite to replace Hershman as president of HBO Sports is young HBO Sports VP Peter Nelson.

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  10h10 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS: Ken Hershman has resigned as president of HBO Sports. He will work thru the end of the year. No replacement set. #boxing
 Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  8h8 hours ago

If I were a betting man I'd say the odds on favorite to replace Hershman as president of HBO Sports is young HBO Sports VP Peter Nelson.

I guess the Golovkin vs Lemieux sales was the kiss of death. HBO or Showtime needs to pick up Demetrius Andrade. I'm not too fond of the kid, but it's a low risk high reward type of situation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it was that.  150K is about what was expected, and HBO still has the vast majority of the biggest fighters on their network.  There have been rumours that HBO has been wanting to start slashing their boxing budget, but getting rid of Hershman because of that would make no sense, considering his work at Showtime with a smaller budget. 

Some are saying this is because of his relationship with Al, but I doubt that.  The rumour was the whole network wanted nothing to with Haymon, not just Hershman. 

Chino announced his retirement on Argentine radio 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Not really surprised. No one really wanted him in the ring + Matthyse breaking down so quickly kinda sealed it. The interview over the summer made it seem like that was the fight that would motivate him to get back in to the ring. He was talking about how after all the money he made, it's not really important to him anymore. Just wanted to fight guys that would motivate him to get back to training.

It sucks but he's going out with a lot of cash and his health. Could be worse ways to go. If it's true, congrats to him :pimp:

I'm not sure it was that.  150K is about what was expected, and HBO still has the vast majority of the biggest fighters on their network.  There have been rumours that HBO has been wanting to start slashing their boxing budget, but getting rid of Hershman because of that would make no sense, considering his work at Showtime with a smaller budget. 

Some are saying this is because of his relationship with Al, but I doubt that.  The rumour was the whole network wanted nothing to with Haymon, not just Hershman. 

Chino announced his retirement on Argentine radio :frown:  

I am aware of that, but sheesh couldn't wait until the results of Canelo-Cotto.

Does anyone know if Hershman has a bad relationship with Mayweather's camp?  This might be HBO trying to position itself for #50. 

Just read that the top two fighters will fight for floyds wbc 147 and 154 belts.

Swift and khan are the top two.

Fliyd was granted emeritus status and can immediately fight for those titles if he decided to come back.

Back
Top Bottom