Please Lock.

I dint get why people think khan would give him any trouble. Cats really dont box who comment. He has hand speed yes but like many others he is a one trick pony without the ability to make adjustments when in the ring. Floyd kn the ring playing chess while other people playing checkers.

Please dont bring up paul williams or margarito. Paul wasnt getting any fights at welterweightbc bra was a freak, and had floyd fought margarito we might not have ever gotten tmt. Cats read one article and think they know the whole picture which is laughable. Especially when they jus started getting into boxing 5 years ago smh

The only guy who wouldve given money trouble is winky

i've been into boxing a whole lot longer than 5 years myself. my comment wasnt really about who could beat floyd or anything like that. and whether paul williams was getting fights or not is of really no consequence. margarito, at the time, nobody knew he was cheating or even suggested that he was. at that time, he was perceived to be what GGG is now (power wise) at a wieght that was comparable to floyd. cotto was also a much better, fresher fighter at this time. not saying floyd steered clear or ducked them...but its undeniable that these were the best fights out there for him, they all wanted the fight and they all were willing to accept any terms floyd laid down for the most part. instead, floyd took lesser fights. that part in undeniable and undebatable IMO.

i get it. boxing and floyd are so polarizing that when some make points or state their opinion, its gonna rub others the wrong way.

being as objective and fair as possible, i just dont see how the fact that he fought lesser opponents when there were much better fights out there could be denied?

not even mentioning that timing could be brought into the equation with shane mosely and others (but thats opinion based)

and i agree that in hindsight, it was best that floyd stayed away from margarito

Last edited:
i've been into boxing a whole lot longer than 5 years myself. my comment wasnt really about who could beat floyd or anything like that. and whether paul williams was getting fights or not is of really no consequence. margarito, at the time, nobody knew he was cheating or even suggested that he was. at that time, he was perceived to be what GGG is now (power wise) at a wieght that was comparable to floyd. cotto was also a much better, fresher fighter at this time. not saying floyd steered clear or ducked them...but its undeniable that these were the best fights out there for him, they all wanted the fight and they all were willing to accept any terms floyd laid down for the most part. instead, floyd took lesser fights. that part in undeniable and undebatable IMO.

i get it. boxing and floyd are so polarizing that when some make points or state their opinion, its gonna rub others the wrong way.

being as objective and fair as possible, i just dont see how the fact that he fought lesser opponents when there were much better fights out there could be denied?

not even mentioning that timing could be brought into the equation with shane mosely and others (but thats opinion based)

and i agree that in hindsight, it was best that floyd stayed away from margarito
I have no issue with the comments. I jus come back again and ask:
When the fight was discussed who was his promoter and what were the terms? Floyd osnt getting margarito unless he resings with arum and the big fish floyd wanted was de la hoya which catapulted his worth and the spectacle. Im simply saying that yea it might have been a good match up but not a good business decision for anyone other then bob.

Winky is the only person who really had nothing to keep either of them from fighting and i honestly think floyd would have had his toughest fight bc winky is closer to pauls size but wud definitely use that reach to his advantage. But one can only wish

Khan vs floyd wud end being similar to
Floyd vs judah.

Id love to see floyd fight someone with a similar iq and quickness that wud be interesting. Like if rigo or lomachenko were bigger. To many guys step into that ring looking for a ko rather then doing all the right things to set up a ko.

I used to think bradley vs floyd wud be interesting. But not anymore

I have no issue with the comments. I jus come back again and ask:
When the fight was discussed who was his promoter and what were the terms? Floyd osnt getting margarito unless he resings with arum and the big fish floyd wanted was de la hoya which catapulted his worth and the spectacle. Im simply saying that yea it might have been a good match up but not a good business decision for anyone other then bob.

Winky is the only person who really had nothing to keep either of them from fighting and i honestly think floyd would have had his toughest fight bc winky is closer to pauls size but wud definitely use that reach to his advantage. But one can only wish

you are absolutely right. the business of boxing was the main reason why floyd didnt fight the fighters in question among a few others. business on arums side, golden boy and mayweather promotions. but i dont think floyd was itching to get the fights done either. especially when he was making money on his own as well (the big money with the help of the big hispanic fighters)

but when floyd wanted a fight, it got done (even with top rank fighters)

you are absolutely right. the business of boxing was the main reason why floyd didnt fight the fighters in question among a few others. business on arums side, golden boy and mayweather promotions. but i dont think floyd was itching to get the fights done either. especially when he was making money on his own as well (the big money with the help of the big hispanic fighters)

but when floyd wanted a fight, it got done (even with top rank fighters)

Both of you make great points ... But like moon star is saying the 49-0 Floyd, tmt etc that everyone wanted to fight doesn't happen
If he doesn't go against dela Hoya and Ricky Hatton imo

Both of you make great points ... But like moon star is saying the 49-0 Floyd, tmt etc that everyone wanted to fight doesn't happen
If he doesn't go against dela Hoya and Ricky Hatton imo

People ignore the fact that Floyd was getting ducked bad before these two fights. Cotto didn't want it. Mosley didn't want it. They both declined the fights when they were in their prime.

Even after that the window was pretty small. Margarito was big after beating Cotto then immediately got dominated by Mosley and got caught for cheating. Paul Williams eventually had to move up in weight since dude was 6'1 with HW reach. I have no idea how he made 147 for that long.

Floyd was legitimately retired for a bit too. People act like he was just ducking tough fighters in that period but he had bad hand problems throughout his career. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

^:smh:

For what though? Why you giving this dude pub for being a hater? They're basically just cosigning his slander, mad lame.

Last edited:
^:smh:

For what though? Why you giving this dude pub for being a hater? They're basically just cosigning his slander, mad lame.
They did defend Floyd saying he fought everyone: DLH, Cotto and Canelo.

He was there to Promo the fight. Beadle want there tho (on set )

Last edited:
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  9h9 hours ago

Press release announces that Jean Pascal is officially training under the guidance of Freddie Roach #boxing

Stupid move in my opinion. I have respect for Freddie Roach's coaching and training abilities, but the last thing Pascal needs is to up his offense against Kovalev, he'll be more vulnerable to getting knocked out. He should focus more on defense.

Pascal fought probably as good as he could against Kovalev. No reason to think Roach will help him.

Just read that the sanctioning fee was $300k from each fighter. Plus an extra $25k from each promoters. Damn.

In addition to seeking $300,000 from each fighter in sanctioning fees, the WBC also required $25,000 apiece from the two promoters -- Roc Nation Sports and Golden Boy Promotions. When the fight was made part of the deal was that Cotto and Roc Nation had to agree to pay WBC interim middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin -- Cotto's mandatory challenger -- step-aside money to allow the fight to go through.

According to a source with knowledge of that agreement, Golovkin was paid $800,000, and after having already paid a portion of the step-aside fee, Cotto felt having to pay another $300,000 to have the WBC sanction the fight was akin to extortion and thus too steep.

Last edited:
I think WBC did the right thing in forcing him out considering neither of the defenses have been at the mandated weight class limit. If you only want to fight at a catch weight then you shouldn't hold the title at all.

It's even more justifiable when the opponent has said if he wins he will only fight the mandatory challenger at a catch weight 5lbs below the limit.

Neither should be fighting for a 160lb title if they have no intention of defending it against 160lb fighters.

Back
Top Bottom