Please Lock.

My logical prediction is Canelo wins by decision. My spider senses give me an eerie feeling about this fight. It will end in a draw, fight stopped because of cuts, or DQ...something inconclusive.

Last edited:
Everybody is sleeping on Cotto. Canelo will most likely get the win but everyone acting like he doesn't have a chance.

I agree. I think if Cotto's conditioning is up and he manages some early pressure, he can outbox Canelo for a UD12. People forget how good Cotto's jab is. Canelo's speed advantage (which is debatable, I'd argue Canelo only has this because of his youth and he doesn't have the sharpest footwork, he plods forward) can be neutralized.

Any of you guys know a spot where I can watch the fight in NYC? Preferably with decent food.

Last edited:
I agree. I think if Cotto's conditioning is up and he manages some early pressure, he can outbox Canelo for a UD12. People forget how good Cotto's jab is. Canelo's speed advantage (which is debatable, I'd argue Canelo only has this because of his youth and he doesn't have the sharpest footwork, he plods forward) can be neutralized.
I agree with what you say. I don't think that Cotto will be able to stop Canelo but I feel Cotto does have the technique advantage over Canelo. Cotto punches are really short and quick now that he has been with freddy roach. I think it will come down to conditioning as well. I got a feeling it will look like Cotto/Margarito 1 where Marg was plotting forward and Cotto was doing his best to evade him. Canelo is a lot quicker than Marg. I got Canelo in the 9th but I would not be shocked at all if Cotto pulled it off.

Cotto also has the experience over him, I will say though that the Mayweather fight was huge for Canelo to get that big fight experience under his belt.

The joke about Canelo is that he is the scariest fighter you've ever seen—on the heavy bag. When opponents stop or get stuck, the creativity flows forth as he'll double or triple up with either hand to head or body, inside and outside of the elbow, eventually finding something and sending his man to the mat. What Floyd Mayweather showed in Canelo in handing the youngster his first and only loss was that Canelo doesn't like working to find his target.

There's that, and the fact that I think Cotto has enough power to hurt Canelo. On the flipside, every argument I've seen for Canelo is based around him being the younger bigger stronger fighter. Tough call man. If age and being undersized don't affect the fight too much then I think Cotto has the skills and the power to take it.

I don't think it turns into Cotto Margarito 1 because Margarito's chin and stamina were ridiculous. Canelo has been rocked before and his stamina is still questionable. It's gonna be interesting for as long as it lasts.

Last edited:
People are saying that cotto looks frail for this fight Kiel he dropped too much to make catch. I bet he runs out of gas early if that's the case. I'd love cotto to win but canalo is gunna ko in the later rounds

I think Cotto outboxes Canelo. Cotto can control the distance with his jab and footwork, with his left hook/power being enough to keep Canelo honest.

The past months I had Canelo winning this, but I realized it was cause I had bought into him being the bigger, younger, and stronger fighter, like someone here said, but Cotto's technique and experience could trump that.

if it does 525, itll be the biggest dissapointment ppv wise in boxing history.. i think itll do over 1 million tbh

According to Roc Nations website, they are also a promoter:

Roc Nation Sports launched its boxing division, a full service promotional company, in August 2014.

Plus I don't think it could hurt if Jay says something about it on social media or something (I assume he has been quiet about the whole fight for the most part) especially for the most popular fighter they have in their promotion (I do think he is more popular than Ward right now). That could result in a few more ppv buys if Jay is more active like De La Hoya has been.

Roc Nation Sports launched its boxing division, a full service promotional company, in August 2014.

Plus I don't think it could hurt if Jay says something about it on social media or something (I assume he has been quiet about the whole fight for the most part) especially for the most popular fighter they have in their promotion (I do think he is more popular than Ward right now). That could result in a few more ppv buys if Jay is more active like De La Hoya has been.

Oh ok, didn't know this.

All I've heard from Jay is he and Oscar have a 100K bet on the fight.

QFT.. Jay has been awful, worse than 50 cent at promoting tbh.. IMO itd result in a lot more buys if he actually went out and did interviews on the breakfast club and **** like that to promote the fight. Dude has done absolutely nothing aside from word getting out there that he and de la hoya made that 100k bet

Last edited:
Jay-Z got his hand in too many pots, he's too busy tryin to keep Tidal up and hasn't done much for his boxing promotions. He really coulda made this fight way more hype if he gave even 1/10th of a **** :lol:

Being a boxing promoter is a very difficult job. There is a reason why many of the same players have been around for so long. 50 cent had to learn the hard way. I don't blame Jay for letting others do most of the heavy lifting. He is taking the Oscar Golden Boy route where others do the work and you're the face. Jay needs a Richard Schaefer type to help Roc Nation grow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom