Plenty of public backlash over the price of the 2009's vol. RECESSION!

Some dude said Michael Jordan wants us to pay for his divorce
roll.gif

you're not paying for the shoe, your paying for the millions of dollars Nike/JB spends to advertise, promote, and endorse the brand....

sad to see inflationary prices during a recession. oh well, they will sit until they reach a reasonable price

I don't fully understand why an alarming amount of people are upset that Jordan isn't giving back to "black" charities or what have you? Twothings: 1.) It sounds somewhat ignorant to say that you're not a fan of MJ for not giving to "black" charities. It would be nice if he gave toany sort of charity regardless of what or who it may be. 2.) Even if he gave to a charity, I'm sure that most people would say he could give more. Iunderstand that he is ridiculously wealthy but that doesn't mean that he obligated to be charitable. I do think that he does give to certain charities andthat those charities are extremely grateful for his generosity.

If people are that upset with Jordan for "giving" as much as he should then don't buy his product. There are more shoe companies to buy from thanjust his.

Jordan brand should just make these a team shoe and have them retail for 100$ or 110$

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why are these shoes even $190?

Ask your self a better question. How is a decade old shoe like the Penny 2s 140? How are the foamposites 200?
hype.......they know people will still buy them....

There are a lot of things rich people buy that less fortunate people can't afford. They blow money and buy luxury things, so what?

I don't know this "Media Take Out" board and these people, but no one's forcing them to buy Jordan's. But they make it sound as if thegov't is hiking their property taxes... "That's my gas and electric bill"

!*% is that?

Iverson's mom had to go through a month with out electricity to buy AI kicks when he was still young.

Idiots just gotta deal with it.

The shoes will flop even though JB will undoubtedly release pics of MJ donning these in his camp/Bobcats practice/other functions in order to create hype,hoping sales will pick up somewhat. Well, I guess they still have the last resort type of strategy; that is, to release an UNC colorway but outside of thatparticular colorway (and many may feel even with that move), all the other colorways will sit on shelves for months to come no matter what JB does.

The shoes are $190 because JB is not concerned with selling these out in mass quantities. They know that selling these with everybody being happy andenthusiatic about this shoe would barely even possible at a lower, more reasonable price.

Therefore, looks like JB decided to hit us with the reverse psychology.

Plus, JB has to put the flagship sneaker on a pedestal to seperate it from all the other Jordan Kicks. This sneaker has to be $190. It's the 2K9. But withall that being said, we all know that a couple of colorways will be getting sold at a discount or on promotional sale so I don't think anybody has to worrytoo much about the price.

I mean....seriously...what price does everyone think these should cost? I'm curious to what NT thinks the MSRP should be.

Of course everyones mad. I'm gonna love to see how these sell cause the 09s are gonna sit for a LONG TIME at 190$

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why are these shoes even $190?

Ask your self a better question. How is a decade old shoe like the Penny 2s 140? How are the foamposites 200?
That was their retail when they first released. Nike isn't going to drop the price. During the time they released, the country was not in ahuge economic problem like we are now.

Besides the Penny 2 and Foamposite One are CLASSICS.

That media post stuff is absolutly hilarious....was ending myself laughing

But seriously %%% is up with these shoes? JB they deserve to be the horrendous sales disaster that they are going to be.

And anyone who pays full whack for these is just nieve to the extreme

Back
Top Bottom