Plenty of public backlash over the price of the 2009's vol. RECESSION!

These will sit on shelves forever....Some stores here in the DMV had marked the bred 22's down to $19.99 to get rid of em.I got mine for that price andthese will be the same if not worst.....

how many losses is JB going to have to take before they realize they need to change the gameplan

$190 is way too much for this shoe. Even though the shoe may perform well it looks terrible. I initially thought that charging $185 for the XX3 was too high,but the XX3 is quite possibly the best sig. line shoe from a looks and performance standpoint. These will be on sales racks in the not too distant future.I'm thinking they will bottom out at $119.99 before JB see's any significant movement on this product.

Originally Posted by Xnyles

Some dude said Michael Jordan wants us to pay for his divorce
roll.gif

That was the samething said about the 17's.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gescobe

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why are these shoes even $190?

Ask your self a better question. How is a decade old shoe like the Penny 2s 140? How are the foamposites 200?
hype.......they know people will still buy them....

inflation?

the american dollar is so weak right now.

It wouldn't be so bad to pay the $140 for the Penny 2s or the same prices for AM's or any other high end product if the quality of the shoe wasn'tworse than the original's. Any more the price doesn't come close to meeting up to where the quality should.

Originally Posted by Magical Kicks

Plus, JB has to put the flagship sneaker on a pedestal to seperate it from all the other Jordan Kicks. This sneaker has to be $190. It's the 2K9. But with all that being said, we all know that a couple of colorways will be getting sold at a discount or on promotional sale so I don't think anybody has to worry too much about the price.

I mean....seriously...what price does everyone think these should cost? I'm curious to what NT thinks the MSRP should be.
You can jack the price up if you have the demand to back it up, but if there's no demand, you're justsetting yourself up for a loss. The demand for this shoe will NOT be there. Just because it's a Jordan doesn't certify that it's on people'swatch list. Likewise, being the flagship shoe doesn't validate a price increase either. The XX2s were the flagship sneaker also and a huge portion ofthose didn't leave stores until they were RTVed or hit the magical $39.99.

That being said, if it's a good performance shoe, I'd cop during a 50 if they were already on sale for like $80. JB now is like Jordan with theWizards; still somewhat entertaining, but will often make you cringe when you realize how much a shell of its former self it is.

they can price them high because they know they will sell. if the fusions fly off the shelves, you know the signature j will as well.

most collectors are more selective, but others who are just starting or aren't collectors at all will cop these for $190 with a smile.

for me, ez pass on the whites but gotta see the blacks in person before i decide.

I mean I do not think these shoes are worth $190. I will not get them for that price. I also remember when the XVII first dropped with the $200 price tag.There was a lot of complaining then also. I mean it is just a shoe, if you want to buy it buy it. If not just let it sit there.

I personally don't understand what all the commotion is about when JB prices shoes at premium prices all of the time. People seem to complain becausethey're not feelin the design of these shoes but last years XX3's were $5 cheaper on retail and people certainly didn't mind pickin those up (whilewe still in a recession mind you). So I don't wanna hear about price because most NT'ers don't care about price matters anyway.

Originally Posted by stewpendous1

I mean I do not think these shoes are worth $190. I will not get them for that price. I also remember when the XVII first dropped with the $200 price tag. There was a lot of complaining then also. I mean it is just a shoe, if you want to buy it buy it. If not just let it sit there.
i agree this shoe iz not tha 24s or sumthin they should b at least n tha 100-120 range or less than tht

Everyone keeps complaining but they keep selling. Stop buying and you'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by asilva23

they can price them high because they know they will sell. if the fusions fly off the shelves, you know the signature j will as well.

most collectors are more selective, but others who are just starting or aren't collectors at all will cop these for $190 with a smile.

for me, ez pass on the whites but gotta see the blacks in person before i decide.

Fusions fly off shelves because people allowed JB to muscle them into paying $150 for an in-house bootleg of retros. Times have changed; just because it's the flagship shoe doesn't certify that a model will sell. In the past seven years, the XX3s have been the onlyshoe to achieve true success and quick liquidation. Can't even count the XX's because it was really only one color and a "QS" that peoplebought because they thought it was limited. Basically, you have a large population that refuses to buy Team Jordans because they aren't "realJordans", but will pay $135-$160 for mash ups and take downs of previous models. Irony at its finest, IMO.

AirUpHere23 wrote:
I personally don't understand what all the commotion is about when JB prices shoes at premium prices all of the time. People seem to complain because they're not feelin the design of these shoes but last years XX3's were $5 cheaper on retail and people certainly didn't mind pickin those up (while we still in a recession mind you). So I don't wanna hear about price because most NT'ers don't care about price matters anyway.

Truth be told.

even if they go below $50 I would not buy. The XX3s were the sh&t for me.

Originally Posted by clarkthink

$190.....motherf**ker, what you want me to pay for your divorce!.....give me a pair of them and let me go Iraqi on your !+!!!...I hope your reflexes are as good as Bush....DUCK!!!!!!!
Best comment on that site.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TNTRMSKD

Originally Posted by clarkthink

$190.....motherf**ker, what you want me to pay for your divorce!.....give me a pair of them and let me go Iraqi on your !+!!!...I hope your reflexes are as good as Bush....DUCK!!!!!!!
Best comment on that site.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom