Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

So youre only allowed to catch the bird that your team color represents but i assume you have to have the ability to catch more than one of the same bird for trade purposes. Either way this is some BS

Here is why Articuno is the best choice

Theres only a handful of ice types and articuno is the strongest of the ice types
Ice is strong against flyers
Ice is strong against dragons, especially dragonite rayquaza
There are already a ton of strong fire types so moltres is meh
Electric mons are trash in pogo so zapdos is meh

Do you guys keep Pokemon you guys know you wont use?

Jynx :rolleyes
Pinsir :rolleyes

Kingler, Dewgong, Primeape, Venomoth, and etc etc are just not gonna make the list. Do you guys bother keeping them on the roster?

Kingler, Dewgong, Primeape, Venomoth, and etc etc are just not gonna make the list. Do you guys bother keeping them on the roster?

Dewgong putting up some work for me.

I just keep 1-2 of each and transfer the rest. No point in having 5 jynx, especially if they low cp.

Last edited:

I keep at least one evolved form since I am not desperate for room at the moment.

Once I need more space like when gen2 releases, I'll probably get rid of them.

I tend to clean up my roster and do mass evolves so I constantly have about 75-100 room for catching mons.

I don't keep Raticates though, not even one :lol:

I went to Coronado island today and popped a lucky egg. Went from level 16 to 19 and I'm halfway to 20. I just sat in a spot that had 4 overlapping stops with a big crowd. Evolved everything from pidgies to growlithes and caught a charmeleon, poliwhirl, kadabra, tentacrule, slowbro, and other Pokemon I didn't have in my deck. It was fun while I was there and the level of Pokemon showing up has drastically increased.

Anybody who knows anything about competitve pokemon will tell you zapdos is the better of the three.

You never see moltres or articuno used.

It will be interesting to see howbthe whole changing teams thing plays out

In competitive play I actually see articuno a lot because articuno is the best out of the 3 defensively. Base 90 hp, 100 Def, and 125 spec def. great for setting up behind substitute, roosting, and toxic stalling.

Zapdos definitely does get a lot of play but believe it or not not because it's a stronger attacker. It's a great defensive check that can switch out because it's got decent bulk and a really wide move pool
Birds also weak to ice

Aritcuno> all

Keep in mind all 3 of the birds have dual typing.
Zapdos is weak to articunos ice because of flying is weak to ice but Moltres isn't because fire resists ice.

Articuno is weak to both zapdos and Moltres because flying is weak to electric and ice is weak to fire.

Moltres is just weak to zapdos but being a fire flying type gives it more than enough weaknesses. Specifically 4x times weak to rock. But articuno is also 4x weak to rock.

As far as ice types go in this game I'd still go with Lapras being the better option just because of how huge Of an HP stat Lapras has. Unless articuno gets a powerful ice move others don't. Dewgong gets an honorable mention too.

But that's going based on competively base stats.

Last edited:
Hey!
So you can catch more than one bird
As long as a person collects three feathers and fights along side you

You have a chance to get the bird right?

If max cp is 1500
I'm knocking that out with ease

But the not leveling up the birds
I'm guessing They won't have the power up option

And only one ball

Booooooooy I pray I don't sneeze while I'm throwing

I've seen 1500CP Mon take out 2K+ Mons at gyms depending on Type. Seeing how these birds are the legendary birds, they will have the way higher Attack/Def/Stam ratings and probably very high IV levels. 1500 is on the low side, yes, but I think it would still be very competitive.

I've seen 1500CP Mon take out 2K+ Mons at gyms depending on Type. Seeing how these birds are the legendary birds, they will have the way higher Attack/Def/Stam ratings and probably very high IV levels. 1500 is on the low side, yes, but I think it would still be very competitive.
if their in game stats reflect their actual like all the other pokemon in pokemon go theyll fall in line with most final evolution pokemon.

most legendary pokemon are strong not just because of attack power but because they have balanced stats.

if their in game stats reflect their actual like all the other pokemon in pokemon go theyll fall in line with most final evolution pokemon.

most legendary pokemon are strong not just because of attack power but because they have balanced stats.

Most definitely, and that's what I mean. If the Attack/Defense/Stamina power is relatively high and well balanced, it almost trumps the CP in terms of battling capability. Certainly CP and move set helps, but IV levels play a part in it as well. I'm assuming the Legendary Birds will be balanced at 80% or better.

My Lapras and Nidoking are hard to beat because of their balanced IV scores, but they haven't event reached 2K yet.

Dude that earned 1M XP in a weekend is going for 1M XP in 24 hours. Crazy.

Meanwhile, I've been stuck at Level 21 for about a week or two.

Last edited:
Most definitely, and that's what I mean. If the Attack/Defense/Stamina power is relatively high and well balanced, it almost trumps the CP in terms of battling capability. Certainly CP and move set helps, but IV levels play a part in it as well. I'm assuming the Legendary Birds will be balanced at 80% or better.

My Lapras and Nidoking are hard to beat because of their balanced IV scores, but they haven't event reached 2K yet.
bingo. Pokemon Go heavily favors pokemon with defensive bulk rather than attackers. which is why you see tons of slowbros, vaporeons, lapras, dragonites, and soon the legendary birds and less alakazams, gengars and machamps. even though theyve got attack stats up there with dragonite

Where did that write up about the legendary birds come from? Can anyone confirm that is legit?

How would I determine my pokemons IV? The tool just shows me possible ranges for given parameters.
thats the only legit way to do it now. almost everyother way can get you banned
Ah got it. So everyone who has been getting those values is getting banned for cheating. Was trying to understand why someone would get banned for knowing their pokemon's attack stats. That should just be included in the game.

Ah got it. So everyone who has been getting those values is getting banned for cheating. Was trying to understand why someone would get banned for knowing their pokemon's attack stats. That should just be included in the game.
its the really the method that you use to check that can get you banned. according to what ive seen. messing with Nianitcs API in any capacity while your ID is linked can get you banned

I got re-invigorated when I found a spawn place that gives a good variety of Pokemon and has lots of people there. It's fun to be in a group of over 100 people all catching the same Pokemon and the random running down the beach whenever a dratini or lapras spawns. Also being able to catch enough karps to evolve two gyrados makes it fun.
yea man I can agree with this. Im out in LI so the biggest crowds are usually at eisenhower park.

Man when nidoking popped up and youd saw mogs running to that pokestop and ppl pulling up in their cars just to catch, that def an experience

Same as when iwas NYC last week, seeing blastoise and bharizard pop up like that was a madhouse. 

I just cant be at the park or NYC all the time and thats really only where you see an abundance of moms and high CP mons 

Back
Top Bottom