Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

since you post the same things over and over...

let me give it a try...

maybe some color added so you'll get it... and make it bigger .... and underline...

YOU are the one who posts the same things over and over. Ok well I'm not Bill O'Reilly or his research staff but I guess you choose not to believe those numbers. Did you watch the video?

So if that's the case, how do you know that blacks are killed at a higher rate than whites?
cross referencing data from the CDC...

which only goes back to the 1980s...

and even then.. the stats are a tossup b/c ..

for the 4th time...

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting program records that 410 people were killed in justifiable homicides by police in 2012. While the FBI collects information on the victims' race, it does not publish the overall racial breakdown

Last edited:
If a single TV rogram has the ability to sway your perception of real life more than the history of a nation along with MANY different statistics easily researched spanning the last 70 years..... you are just biased at heart... there is nothing that will sway your opinion.

cross referencing data from the CDC...

which only goes back to the 1980s...

and even then.. the stats are a tossup b/c ..

for the 4th time...

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reporting program records that 410 people were killed in justifiable homicides by police in 2012. While the FBI collects information on the victims' race, it does not publish the overall racial breakdown

You clearly didn't take the time to watch the video. The FBI statistics provided by O'Reilly were related to the number of murders committed by blacks and whites. NOT killings by cops.

Per the FBI, blacks committed 5,375 murders in 2013 and whites committed 4,395.

Last edited:
In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by police with a gun. In the same year 326 whites were killed by police with a gun.

he gave up on defending this "stat" 
laugh.gif

You clearly didn't take the time to watch the video. The FBI statistics provided by O'Reilly were related to the number of murders committed by blacks and whites. NOT killings by cops.

you're right. i didnt watch the video...

and i provided a rebuttal to those stats...

here... I'll post it again.. .with math... that lends itself to show that ECONOMICAL conditions... are more inclined to determine murder rates than race...

and I'll use TOTAL MURDERS... sourced here.

The violent crime rate in highly disadvantaged Black areas was 22 per 1,000 residents, not much different from the 20 per 1,000 rate in similar white communities.

meaning that all things being equal from a socioeconomic standpoint... the murder rate is the same.

(from wikipedia)

total black population: 45M
poor % of blacks: 27.1
poor # of blacks: 12.4M

total white population: 223M
poor % of whites: 9
poor # of whites: 20m

please click here for murder sources

# of black murders by black people: 4,203
# of white murders by white people: 4,101

so when you compare it to TOTAL population... yes, it may SEEM like its a MUCH higher rate...

black: 4.2K / 45M = .93 basis points
white: 4.1k / 223M = .18 basis points

which means from a TOTAL perspective... you're 5x as likely to be murdered if you're a black person.

but when you look at the POOR population..

black: 4.2K / 12.4M = 3.45 basis points
white 4.1K / 20M = 2.04 basis points

which means from a POOR perspective... you're 1.6x as likely to be murdered if you're a black person...

THAT'S HOW STATS GET SKEWED... take into consideration that blacks get convicted at a substantially higher rate than whites, and that will bring the rate down even more.

this was quick and dirty math that comes REALLY close to the 20 out of 100k and 22 out of 100k that was in the article i quoted (22/20 = 1.1)

Last edited:
I was talking about the other stats related to murders by each race. I'll defend it all day long. Have anything that disproves it?

Wow you guys love ganging up on me...
how come whenever i respond to something you always get in your feelings?
You mean this guy has been insulting me thoughout the whole thread but yet he believes anything he reads on the Internet as long as it says it's legit
laugh.gif
i post a pic and u get all lathered up but the best u can do is bill o reilly and im boo boo the fool? 
laugh.gif

you're right. i didnt watch the video...

and i provided a rebuttal to those stats...

here... I'll post it again.. .with math... that lends itself to show that ECONOMICAL conditions... are more inclined to determine murder rates than race...

Then why is this whole controversy and uproar based on the premise that blacks are being killed by cops? Why isn't the controversy about poor people being killed by cops? It's clearly a black vs. white issue. I didn't hear any protestors and rioters talking about how poor people are unfairly targeted. They are all mad b/c black people are supposedly targeted.

It sounds like you are disagreeing with the protesters...

im really trying to see what youre trying to get at man. cuz, it seems like all u want to do is say blacks kill more than whites. but that cant be your point.. it cant be. because theyve already explained within the last 2 pages of the circumstances surrounding black people and murder. so...what exactly are you trying to convey?

im really trying to see what youre trying to get at man. cuz, it seems like all u want to do is say blacks kill more than whites. but that cant be your point.. it cant be. because theyve already explained within the last 2 pages of the circumstances surrounding black people and murder. so...what exactly are you trying to convey?

Go back and read all my posts in the past couple of pages, I'm sorry if you can't comprehend it.

Then why is this whole controversy and uproar based on the premise that blacks are being killed by cops? Why isn't the controversy about poor people being killed by cops? It's clearly a black vs. white issue. I didn't hear any protestors and rioters talking about how poor people are unfairly targeted. They are all mad b/c black people are supposedly targeted.

and youre combining two things here. youre combining the explnation for black murder rates... with black people being tired of (white) cops not being hel accountable for murdering them...
Go back and read all my posts in the past couple of pages, I'm sorry if you can't comprehend it.
i read the last 5 pages at least. i told you all that i got from your message throughout those pages...telling me to go back and re-read and throwing subtle jabs at my intelligence isnt really answering my question.

Last edited:
probably because you're in here not talking about solutions but spewing garbage from the Fox News playbook.

I'm all for solutions. Let's talk about it. What is the endgame here? Less cops or just less "biased" ones...

But guys.... 
I'm all for solutions. Let's talk about it. What is the endgame here? Less cops or just less "biased" ones...
...... asking that question with quotations on "biased"... like he doesnt think there is a bias....

Hey guys... should we solve priests raping kids by having less priests or having less "rapist" priests?

dude is a hardened racist.

Last edited:

if you think protests, riots, and national attention being raised comes from one cop killing, you're extremely wrong.

you cant create an uproar about poor crime because that's exactly where the bulk of crime comes from: poor people.

middle and upper class people have less of a need to steal, sell drugs, rape, etc... You can look through all societies, groups, eras... and one thing remains constant...

Poor people commit more crime. It just so happens that in 2014 in the United States... poor black people make up a larger percentage of the black population than poor white people percentage of total whites.

the reason why people are upset because through TONS of data that just supports the anecdotal evidence of black AND white people... police unfairly target black people.

the controversy comes from how cops feel that they need to PROTECT white people... but POLICE black people.

probably because you're in here not talking about solutions but spewing garbage from the Fox News playbook.

- demilitarization of police forces
- independent investigations
- increased accountability
- active monitoring of police activity by an independent group
- a camera on every single one of them as well as in every car
- FAR stricter penalties for police misconduct

Good start I think.

Back
Top Bottom