Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Those Monogram Gucci Beanies are corny as hell....they damn near look fake
for real. i'm disappointed in gucci.. the hell are they thinking?

Thanks for the replies RFX45 and BgL2687!
smile.gif

I really like that jacket on the last pic as well.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Anyone know where i can cop the retrosuperfuture's in Socal?
i'm looking for the flat top ones in matte black

super-black-sunglasses.jpg
got a pair of the flat top matte black DS. pm me

Catalog says the shades retails for $675 and it is just described as acetate sunglasses.

BgL, the reversible leather/cashmere jacket cost $5,000, the same with the suede blouson/jacket.
I want the water-repellent lamb suede jacket in red though but $4,750 is a bit much.

In the catalog, I like these Bengale belt, which is $290... not bad for casual wear.
Sorry for the crappy/dirty scan.
lv_ben11.jpg

Haven't seen it in the stores yet or the website so there isn't even an item number on it yet.

^ Word but then again my Leather Graphite Inventeur is Reversible so I can continue to rock the plain side.

*shrugs.

Belt isn't even leather,
its priced 36* higher than something you can get similar at an army surplus store.

I hope you guys are joking, Jesus Christ.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Belt isn't even leather,
its priced 36* higher than something you can get similar at an army surplus store.

I hope you guys are joking, Jesus Christ.
Monogram CANVAS

Damier CANVAS

.... They're all made of canvas... Why is it surprising you ?

the price;
I know, it just seems to have no scale..
everything is overpriced by a 4:1, 8:1 scale...but a 30:1 scale for a belt?

Ive seen $800 belt buckles.. and people show these off by tucking their shirt in
but a belt like this stays under your shirt... no one ever sees it... why splurge?

I thought that would ring off some alarms for some people, guess not
laugh.gif

But this thread isn't about being practical or reasonable, it is luxury and high-end for a reason.
I can understand where you are coming from.
I used to wear a belt like that (the one with the initials) that I bought from the thrift store for around $10-$15, it didn't last too long before itdesintegrated into a stringy mess.
I have a similar belt made by Prad and although I paid a premium due to the name, after a year of constant wear, it still looks new to this day.

By the way, that Bengale belt also comes in brown to those interested.
happy.gif

Why do you say that?
LV, Gucci, Prada, Armani, etc.. all makes hoodies, that wouldn't qualify as high-end either?

I mean the thread is high-end designer so anything these designer comes out with are classified high-end.

GLOBAH09-10_Page_03.jpg

I believe those Sunglasses come out on the 1st of Oct. I spoke to my SA about a week ago and she said that a new design of sunglasses are coming out on thatdate. I forgot the name of those shades, though. They start with a P if i remember correctly. I'm assuming that those shades are the ones she wastalkin' about.

Originally Posted by RFX45

But this thread isn't about being practical or reasonable, it is luxury and high-end for a reason.
Most of the things posted in this thread, which is almost all accessories, are merely mass-produced items from luxury brands. They churn these outbecause they know there's demand for it, and thus the quality is compromised. And they plaster a logo on it because it's easy advertising for them, andthey can still charge $350 for a belt. Luxury is not Gucci, Dolce, LV accessories, etc.

I think there are different levels of luxury and I think Gucci, D&G, LV accessories could be categorized as luxury items.
I hear a lot of people say they just slap the name on the item and charge a premium and while that is somewhat right, it isn't 100% correct.
When it comes to shades, that for sure pertains to that as I believe Luxotica makes all the sunglasses for most of the designer brands out there, excluding LV.
But the belts, cuff links, shoes, etc... are made with better materials, adds their own details to it and to be honest, quality of craftsmanship goes alongwith most of these items.

I mean I have heard people say the shoe quality sucks, but from experience, I have had my Prada A-Cups for 3 years, the first 2 years, it was worn constantly2-3 times a week and up to this day, it still looks good and quick wipe down of dust and it looks brand new again. And I purchased that shoe when Prada'sshoes aren't made in Italy anymore either. The same with the belts I have, my Ferragamo and LV belts have held up well and when something is wrong with myFerragamo belt, I just bring it to the store and they try to fix it free of charge, no questions asked. So I would say quality and service is part of theluxury category they belong to.

Again, there are different levels of luxury, like some people say Rolex is an epitome of luxury when Patek, IWC, VC, etc... can be categorized as way better.
Hell Omega is arguably better overall than Rolex and most people rank Omega below Tag Heuer, which doesn't even come close.
Rolex is also mass produced, making about a 700,000-800,000 watches a year compared to IWC's approximately 45,000-50,000 (maybe even less) watches a year.

I think everyone here knows and won't argue that we pay for the name, that is why we try and buy when it is on sale but in LV's case, it never goes onsale so for the most part, there is no point in waiting.
If you can get it now, why not? But i digress...

To those who aren't asleep yet with my essay like reply, again, to me luxury items aren't a reasonable or practical purchase, it isn't a necessitybecause we all know there is a cheaper alternative.
These accessories is an upgrade in quality, craftsmanship and service compared to the basic run of the mill accessories we find at Target or Walmart.
Like I said, there are exceptions but overall, these items has better qualities to offer, it might be a certain quality upgrade or prestige, or just a designnot found anywhere else, but these items, in my humble opinion, are considered luxury and first hand experience has made me a believer. Now maybe if I move upanother echelon, these things will become non-luxury but for now, it'll do me just fine.

RFX45-
pimp.gif

And why do we have at least one person every month come in here or the shoe one saying the samething.

Back
Top Bottom