Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's thoughts on the new Devon boot coming out for FW16?

I think it's something I have to see in person. I'm not sure if I'll like the thin sole. It's as thin as the ones used in the women's boots.

^ I agree. The counter-argument being that just 2 years ago people (*cough* Adrian) thought the cuban heel on Wyatts were feminine, etc...

^ I agree. The counter-argument being that just 2 years ago people (*cough* Adrian) thought the cuban heel on Wyatts were feminine, etc...

Honestly speaking the US is not ready for these kinds of boots (beatle boots, stacked heel boots, cuban heel boots). I know you live overseas and can probably get away with it (as can Simon Cowell) but you are getting straight up laughed at for wearing these styles over here. We are behind in fashion in regards to borrowing styles typically worn exclusively by one gender and using it for the other. I know those boots may say men's, but they are really women's, who are we kidding?

Last edited:
This is a general statement People get to worked up over what gender is allowed to wear what, or even what color is masculine or feminine. Like most things is all about the confidence of the person wearing it and how they feel in those clothes. You don't have to like it, or think it looks good, but no need to assign a gender to validate your own own views.

I think those red velvet boots are dope, but I also like the colors pink and purple so what do I know.

This is a general statement People get to worked up over what gender is allowed to wear what, or even what color is masculine or feminine. Like most things is all about the confidence of the person wearing it and how they feel in those clothes. You don't have to like it, or think it looks good, but no need to assign a gender to validate your own own views.

I think those red velvet boots are dope, but I also like the colors pink and purple so what do I know.

I know you are making a general statement and it may have not been directed at me but it was definitely in response to what I wrote. I agree people get too worked up and it is all about the individual wearing it and their confidence (for example: I think Supreme clothing looks dumb on 90% of the people wearing it). Now I don't care what other people wear and while I personally don't like those boots, or think they look good, you would have to be blind to grow up in the US and see those boots and think they are for men. Traditionally speaking, those have all the qualities of what is considered a women's boot. They are very flamboyant for a men's boot. That is all I'm saying. I wouldn't expect the man who buys those to care what other's think of them, it's a bold choice wearing a style of boots that is typically only worn by women.

Last edited:

Thank you, @echau  , for helping me with sizing. I know how annoying those requests can get.

Literally obsessed with this boot.
I bought a size 9 (42) and 8.5 (41.5) off YSL. I am a size 9.5 in jordans but for all YSL sneakers I get a 41.5. Should I go with the 9 or 8.5 for these boots? Reason I am asking is that the 9 is shipping from the US and the 8.5 is overseas so it will take longer. I only have three days to return these and the 9 already shipped. 8.5 has yet to ship. Also to note, I have wide feet. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

It was a general statement, I didn't want you to think I was accusing you of feeling that way. I was talking about society as a wholes need to generalize and categorize.

When I was growing up dudes didn't wear boots at all unless they were combat boots, Tims, or Doc Martins. I just hope people buy and wear what they like, with out worrying about what someone else thinks. Like my boy Alp.

Edit: these just arrived. While I like the patterned black and white more, those were so comfortable I had to get a second pair. Ended up being $202 shipped from Europe, or almost the same price ultra boosts are after tax here.

Last edited:
^those are fire i need a pair soon

no love for the alexander mcqueens with the thick sole ? hated them at first but they growing on me 

I know  exactly  what you are saying. American men are still so afraid to be called gay or looked at as gay.

Trying living in upstate NY and liking fashion as a straight man. Lots of people simply cannot comprehend it. 

I was talking about society as a wholes need to generalize and categorize.

I know  exactly  what you are saying. American men are still so afraid to be called gay or looked at as gay.

Trying living in upstate NY and liking fashion as a straight man. Lots of people simply cannot comprehend it. 

Where in upstate NY do you live? I grew up there and know exactly what you mean. My sister asked me when I started dressing like a gay boy one time when I went home to visit :rofl:

Nice pickup Jack. You gotta get both right?!

Last edited:
Where in upstate NY do you live? I grew up there and know exactly what you mean. My sister asked me when I started dressing like a gay boy one time when I went home to visit
roll.gif

Nice pickup Jack. You gotta get both right?!
lmao Orange County, near Goshen.  Where did you grow up?

Westchester county ain't upstate NY man lol. That's 5 miles outside NYC! I grew up in Binghamton.

Last edited:
Westchester county ain't upstate NY man lol. That's 5 miles outside NYC! I grew up in Binghamton.
Oh, I'm aware but when you tell people you live in NY they automatically think it's NYC and it's just easier to say upstate ny than not  the city and not upstate either. lol  Nothing like Binghamton though.  That's a good 4 hours from me.

Oh, I'm aware but when you tell people you live in NY they automatically think it's NYC and it's just easier to say upstate ny than not  the city and not upstate either. lol  Nothing like Binghamton though.  That's a good 4 hours from me.
ruke of thumb.

when yeezys dropping and da confirmed app says you're out of range. you can't say ur NYC. I'm looking at you Yonkers.

Edit: these just arrived. While I like the patterned black and white more, those were so comfortable I had to get a second pair. Ended up being $202 shipped from Europe, or almost the same price ultra boosts are after tax here.

Who got em for $202 in Europe? Need the black pair now.

LN-cc had some I think for $245. There was a promo code that expired for a different site. I'll check my bookmarks and see if I can find any place with them still in stock for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom