Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dude clearly did not care for his boots properly.

However, grey and black suede does not age well in my opinion.

DIY Aces are cool but it's like $150 or whatever for the embroidery.

Gold Wyatts are surprisingly wearable. Not a fan of the ones with the stars... a bit too cluttered. I just grabbed the silver Wyatts as well. Super nice boot for the spring/summer/nicer months.

That dude clearly did not care for his boots properly.

However, grey and black suede does not age well in my opinion.
I wouldn't disagree with that @Pinoy732. The cigar suede is almost the perfect color to mask dirt and stains unless they're super dark stains. I agree that a brown or light brown boot usually wears in a way that makes them look more "broken in" rather than beat.

@TomDiginson That's how it looks to me as well. Not saying that everyone has to have a super hardcore shoe care/ cleaning regimen, but even at a bare minimum, to brush the suede after a couple wears so it doesn't completely harden up or get too heavily stained isn't asking a ton (especially at this price point). Also, a lot do like to beat up their boots heavily because they actually prefer that look. I'm talking strictly from a longevity standpoint versus cost/investment. It's funny as well when people attempt to sell an item and can't even be bothered to take a wet cloth to the sole or any areas heavily dirt covered.

Last edited:
That's how it looks to me as well. Not saying that everyone has to have a super hardcore shoe care/ cleaning regimen, but even at a bare minimum, to brush the suede after a couple wears so it doesn't completely harden up or get too heavily stained isn't asking a ton (especially at this price point). Also, a lot do like to beat up their boots heavily because they actually prefer that look. I'm talking strictly from a longevity standpoint versus cost/investment. It's funny as well when people attempt to sell an item and can't even be bothered to take a wet cloth to the sole or any areas heavily dirt covered.
I agree 100%. To me it shows how disgusting and greedy some people are. They want top dollar for dirt.

Man who gives af. Just wear your shoes.

You adding crep protect and IKEA shoe trees too?

I can now see some of the negatives of the grey suede pair of the Hedi 30 chelseas. I'm obviously not sure how much this person wore them, but I've seen beat pairs of both cigar/tan and black suede and they look considerably better with age than this pair on Grailed. People take care of their things differently but these just don't look good after somewhat significant wear. Then again, this dude looks like he might have went hiking/ dirt biking in these.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/19...s-Saint-Laurent-Grey-Suede-Wyatt-Chelsea-Boot
They don't look beat to me. They just need to be cleaned.

Speaking of clean. What do you guys use to clean off jean stains that bled on your chelseas. Specifically grey chelseas? Any tips

Speaking of clean. What do you guys use to clean off jean stains that bled on your chelseas. Specifically grey chelseas? Any tips

I don't do any cleaning on my suede boots. I brush them every so often when they get drinks spilled on them or whatever.

I have a friend that brushes all his boots after every wear, and his look amazing compared to mine.

Now to answer your question about the stains, jason markk has a video on suede that i have used in the past. It worked, but considering the amount of time it took, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. The nordstrom by me charges 10 bucks to clean suede boots.

I don't do any cleaning on my suede boots. I brush them every so often when they get drinks spilled on them or whatever.

I have a friend that brushes all his boots after every wear, and his look amazing compared to mine.

Now to answer your question about the stains, jason markk has a video on suede that i have used in the past. It worked, but considering the amount of time it took, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. The nordstrom by me charges 10 bucks to clean suede boots.

I don't know if I'm that dedicated to brushing my shoes after every wear like your friend :lol: but I heard about that Jason Markk. I didn't know Nordstrom did that and I'm about to call up my local one. I rather someone else do it so I don't mess up this suede. Thanks for that much needed information.

If you can spend hundreds on some kicks, you should have the desire to maintain them well. If you like to just ruin and destroy the things you own, by all means go ahead.

That's why you should have multiple pairs and beaters so you can rotate but I do clean my shoes about once or twice a month.

If you can spend hundreds on some kicks, you should have the desire to maintain them well. If you like to just ruin and destroy the things you own, by all means go ahead.

That's why you should have multiple pairs and beaters so you can rotate but I do clean my shoes about once or twice a month.

Pretty sure everyone in here has beaters. Doesn't matter cuz suede is still gonna be suede on $50 or $500 shoes even if you like to baby your boots or shoes. I just want to maintain em...

Last edited:
Thats a bit of an exaggeration. I dont brush my boots monthly and they arent ruined or destroyed. Some of yall are just anal about a little dirt or imperfection.

Last edited:
Big. I'm a true 10 but take a Gucci 9.

They are also the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Last edited:
Copped some Balenciaga Pleated's on a last minute auction and I'm pretty sure they're fake, just wanted to get a quick LC just in case.

Much appreciated, Thanks!

Can confirm those pleated are fugazi. The pleating should be smooth and not have wrinkles like that, different type of leather used.

I forgot pleated existed. But they were the hottest shoe in here hands down for a minute. Yep I'm a hype beast [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom