Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that means returns. So I can stock up

For sure tomdiginson tomdiginson . I feel that returns will ALWAYS eventually come in. When they had the black suede ones, I was certain that no more would be returned etc, but you definitely have to realize that a whole bunch of people buy multiple pairs even attempting to resell them.

When some realize they aren't going to pocket as much as they hoped, they return them and just give up.

What do you folks think of magnanni? I know there's some Cole Hahn fans on here. And in this thread some have mentioned their love of AE or Meermin?

I'm mad some dudes orders got cancelled. that means people were probably overdoing it. Always do express if you can for a comeup like that.

Okay guys i'm here with an update.

I received New Sigaro, not Light Cigar like others mentioned previously. I prefer new cigar so this was definitely a plus for me. I could be wrong and maybe everyone was getting new cigar but I recall light cigar and i'm too lazy to go back and check.

I have posted a pic with some of my boots for a comparison. My cropped jods are light cigar..

Between these and my camel BV lace ups and chelseas, I am finished with tan boots for a lifetime. I have DS Tan CP's that are hopping on grailed tomorrow morning.

Please no one else post anymore crazy *** deals.

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Those Golden Goose comfortable?
Golden goose???

Sorry I just saw these going back to find if people were receiving the light cigar or new cigar. I may have been mistaken and people were receiving new sigaro all along.

Yes they're golden goose slides, I've worn them 6 days in a row and recommend them if it's your style. I'm a happy member of the GGDB cult.

It was New Sigaro all along. There was never light tobacco so you're right. I don't even think SLP makes light tobacco. Tobacco is a brownish color and their "light tobacco" is called cigaro or new sigaro.

^^ Yup, See a ton on grailed.

Knew exactly where the 1 guy selling a sz 15 bought from lol

I'm mad some dudes orders got cancelled. that means people were probably overdoing it. Always do express if you can for a comeup like that.

This is why we can't have nice things for real. Some sellers on Grailed having like 8-10 of the boots in sizes ranging from 7-16 but yet they have no common sizes. People thinking they're striking gold getting pairs for 500-600 but they basically are paying that dude 300 bucks lmao. I guess it's a win win for those people though because if they planned to buy them full retail at $945...paying the $500 is like a crazy score for them as well.

wear rare airs wear rare airs That collection looks really nice my dude. You're legit set now.

I just hope my pair comes pristine this time though. The black suede SLP chelseas that I bought came with the soles already looking chewed up and scraped up. It would have done it the first time I wore them regardless but I like brand new purchases to look brand new. That was probably done because the shoe was a tried on pair I guess.

IMG_0159.JPG

Y'all made me whip these out lol. Old cigaro aka curry boots

People thinking they're striking gold getting pairs for 500-600 but they basically are paying that dude 300 bucks lmao. I guess it's a win win for those people though because if they planned to buy them full retail at $945...paying the $500 is like a crazy score for them as well.

Definitely would've preferred to pay whatever you guys paid, but I'm not mad at $450 shipped either (or $475 or whatever I paid). Ended up snagging nut suede harness boots for $750 as well (not the best deal but I guess they're not considered an archive piece since they're no longer in production).

What do you folks think of magnanni? I know there's some Cole Hahn fans on here. And in this thread some have mentioned their love of AE or Meermin?

I personally own several pairs of Magnanni, and like them. Relatively stylish and reasonably comfortable blake construction. I wouldn't pay the $300-$500 retail, but if you can get pairs in the $150-$200 range they are a solid pickup. They also produce lines for Saks and Neiman Marcus as well, which tend to go on sale quite a bit.

Oh man. Copped the FW16 green teddy as well. Expensive week. This is why I tried staying away from the internet the past few months lol.

If you peep NM last call they have Magnanni all the time and sales regularly should make them easy to pick up for 100- 150 range if you are near a store.

Took denim to get tapered for these and suitsupply suits then turnaround and got the hyper adapts smh

expensive last 2 weeks lol but happy with everything

IMG_1526.JPG IMG_0189.JPG

It was New Sigaro all along. There was never light tobacco so you're right. I don't even think SLP makes light tobacco. Tobacco is a brownish color and their "light tobacco" is called cigaro or new sigaro.

So new sigaro and light sigaro are actually two different shades. My cropped jods are light cigar although it's hard to tell in my photos. They actually did two different shades even though they're probably one shade on the spectrum apart. Here's a better photo of the light cigar. Not sure why they did both light cigar and new cigar as you can barely tell the difference unless you're under a surgeons light. The heel is also a lighter shade of wood.

Also I love those curry chelseas posted above, I wish I had those. Calling them curry is a perfect description of the color. IIRC those pairs dried up fast.

Oh man. Copped the FW16 green teddy as well. Expensive week. This is why I tried staying away from the internet the past few months lol.

Best teddy out there, and super rare. Congrats. Have you seen the olive green one? I like that one as well. Looks like bucks, but I hate how hot my neck gets when I wear them. You have that issue? i think I need to get a gabardine version.

Best teddy out there, and super rare. Congrats. Have you seen the olive green one? I like that one as well. Looks like bucks, but I hate how hot my neck gets when I wear them. You have that issue? i think I need to get a gabardine version.

Thanks! Grail piece for me. Someone in the SLP group on Facebook has a FSR. Was lucky to see it the minute it was posted. $1,450 shipped. Can't get mad at that. If I didn't snag the forest green I would entertain the olive (I get 50% off at SSense). And yes, the neck drives me insane, but I can only imagine how much worse it is for you considering you're wearing a heavyweight wool coat in LA :lol:

Gabardine is trash though. Wouldn't even drop $500 on one tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom