Post-racial society: will there b a time when it's acceptable 4 non-blacks to use the N* word??

Im dominican and I use it all the time...my POV is this:
If you know your not one (if the term even means anything, NOT trying to offend anyone or say it WASNT something), then why let it bother you...sure people were called that word back in the day, but every other race has a term that they consider disrespectful....If someone calls me a $@%#, am I suppose to get mad?...no, ima just call them a name (according to their race) or curse them out and its up to that person to get offended/say something back/try to fight me..and if nothing happens then so be it....

I read an interview the other day (donno if it was on hypebeast or one of those other sites) and they were interviewing someone from OFWGKTA and they said this:

"People just choose to be offended by stuff. If they are, then that sucks and I'm sorry, but they don't have to keep listening...Words are words. They don't act out what they say, they just say it."

and thats my outlook when it comes to the use of the word....I grew up around other hispanic/blk kids and they used the word....I heard the word being used in the songs I listen to....so as most youth would do...i picked it up and started using it/saying it....I know it was a horrible term back in the day, but those days are gone...people rebelled, fought, and got their freedom...so for you to sit there and tell me its disrespectful to you when your my age or were born after all that happened...all I have for you is a camron stoneface followed by a kanye shrug...Its not like Ima walk into your crib and call ur elders a ninja...I was raised better than that....but Ill call you my ninja or tell you to @@*% ninja or tell you sit down ninja all day with no shame 
smokin.gif

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Not butthurt, really didn't want any trouble that day. Was in a foreign gym by myself and him and his boys were there. So yea, the odds weren't in my favor, so that is why I didn't speak up.
You were scared bo.  If you really believed that dude shouldn't have been saying it, you would have stood up for your beliefs.

all that good $*** he was talking about that he lays down his laws and doesnt take $*** from no one..... is all a stunt now.

disappointed at you dc.
Hey, a Lion isn't going to steal a gazelle from a group of hyenas.

And I never recall saying I lay down the lay and not taking _ _ _ _ from anyone.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

most black NTers have no business using it considering they grew up in 90% white neighborhoods
What are you basing this off of?

Post racial using the n word, is racial...the n word only means ignorant to people who have no business saying the n word.

Probably the most enticing word to use
 Yo I start to flinch, as I try not to say it
But my lips is like the oowop as I start to spray it
My lips is like a oowop as I start to spray it
My lips is like a oowop as I start to spray it

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

Originally Posted by cartune

Have no problem with any other race using it....and you shouldnt have a problem with whatever way i choose to retaliate

you wouldnt do anything

i'm non-black and use it all the time

most black NTers have no business using it considering they grew up in 90% white neighborhoods

$%@*# I have and I will. Everybody on this !$%@* aint a 5'8 sneakerhead play me weak if u want to 
smokin.gif

Only blacks n' people that are any mix of African descent should be able to use the N word.

No other exceptions!

Originally Posted by Poise3

Post racial using the n word, is racial...the n word only means ignorant to people who have no business saying the n word.

This post itself is ignorant. You can't say that a person has no business saying a certain word. Everyone who gets all butt hurt and offended is a lame. I hear black people calling white dudes "white boy" and "cracker" all the damn time. None of my black friends wanna be called "black boy" or "n-er." This whole double standard BS needs to end. It's 2011, if you can't accept today's slang words, go cry yourself to sleep.

if you ask me this group started it all�

for chiggaz wiggaz spiggaz indggaz jewiggaz to use the word

but that dont make it right

if your not black you really dont have the right to use the word

and if your black you should think twice before using it

but whos going to listen to me

alot of you guys but not all was in diapers or just born when this was released

you can see 20 years later people still use the word like its nothing

that says alot about us

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

This post itself is ignorant. You can't say that a person has no business saying a certain word. Everyone who gets all butt hurt and offended is a lame. I hear black people calling white dudes "white boy" and "cracker" all the damn time. None of my black friends wanna be called "black boy" or "n-er." This whole double standard BS needs to end. It's 2011, if you can't accept today's slang words, go cry yourself to sleep.

Since you wanna be able to say ninja so bad go ahead. The day will come when you call the wrong person one and you'll get beat up and come on here crying about it.

I'm starting to dislike hispanics more and more for some reason and I dont know why. They are the bottom of everything and they think they were part of a struggle. Then when you call them a sp!c or just say it like they would say the N word they get so butt hurt.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

I'm white if that matters.

no one should say it. of any race/ethnicity. but i believe that the media is the real problem (primarily rap artists) and they need to tone down on the word. personally i wont say it, but i see no reason for others to refrain, especially with the way the word is commercialized by those who are most offended by it. tbh, if i hear a black person say the n word, i see no reason not to use it around them. everyone fights for equal treatment, but everyone wants special perks too (not just blacks). its a word, i fail to see the joy in the exclusivity of using it.

latinos have this elitist attitude like they're above african americans when in reality they aren't.....its actually quite funny 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

latinos have this elitist attitude like they're above african americans when in reality they aren't.....its actually quite funny 
laugh.gif

Every other minority group thinks they're above African Americans, including African immigrants. Foolish pride FTL.

laugh.gif
Not all..i don't think i'm above anyone.

laugh.gif

I've seen this argument over and over and over again.

laugh.gif
It REALLY is tho. That's another thread on it's own.
My ex chick was Salvadorian. I MARVELED at how much better her family thought they were than black people. From messing with other chicks of latin descent, I then learned that damn near every other Spanish speaking ethnic group looked at THEM like they were the lowest of the low. 

Back
Top Bottom