\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I fell in love with it right away. it drives so good. Sport + mode is amazing, you can definitely feel the difference in the suspension and acceleration. cant complain. interior is well done... and i love the red..

i got all the options on it..

mark levinson surround sound
blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic
navi
heated/ventilated seats

i got a killer deal.. GM at lexus santa rosa Ca is my good friends dad.

Seen a BLUE RC F SPORT that was just pure secks.. might cop one in 2-3 years when they arent strictly MSRP.
This is exactly what I'm looking to cop. What are your monthly payments like, if you don't mind me asking?

These idiots drilled 6 holes in the front bumper for a plate holder... Not one not two not three... But six.

Kinda tight right now.

Is there some kinda putty i can get n jus touch the spot with a matching paint?

NT FAM,
I'm new to this section.looking for assistance I have no clue what to do when it comes
To sizing all the details (shame) . I jus bought a 2015 Passat looking to put shoes on her. Could someone direct me to a good place. Fair prices maybe even tired included. (Located in la) If it's online that can work too

Many thanks.

Also what style rims do you guys suggest.
I'm kinda digging something similar to these

These idiots drilled 6 holes in the front bumper for a plate holder... Not one not two not three... But six.

Kinda tight right now.

Is there some kinda putty i can get n jus touch the spot with a matching paint?

Not sure if your car has them but there are companies out there that make plugs for those holes color matched to factory paint

NT FAM,
I'm new to this section.looking for assistance I have no clue what to do when it comes
To sizing all the details (shame) . I jus bought a 2015 Passat looking to put shoes on her. Could someone direct me to a good place. Fair prices maybe even tired included. (Located in la) If it's online that can work too

Many thanks.

Vmr is a replica wheel company that makes very nice wheels. They're not the strongest or lightest but for the price they're great

Check out this thread

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7022445-Official-VMR-Wheels-x-Passat-B7-s

Last edited:
The way the rim is made basically. It'll be fine for daily driving but a nice pothole might give you a problem. Otherwise, youre fine with a replica.

Found a 05 STI, gonna go look at it tomorrow or the next day. Subaru's definitely aren't in my wheelhouse song don't know much about them, but I've always been interested in owning one. Car has 90000 miles (us import) Cobb access port and a stage 2 tune. Anything I should be looking for or wary of? How's maintenance on a STI of this mileage? I know there's a couple guys in here who have owned an STI, thanks for the help :smokin

Stage 2 is very conservative. As someone else said, just a downpipe is needed to make it stage 2. I think every turbo'd subaru should get a stage 2 tune, literally changes the car. Just make sure it doesn't have an aftermarket BOV or intake, as that would have me assuming the owner doesn't know any better :nerd:.

Seeing what "upgrades" the owner did tells a lot about the car imo. Usually the beated on subies have dumb stuff done to them

My advice to you would be to plug in the cobb accessport and monitor boost through that (my wrx's stock boost gauge is crap). I don't know if the 05's gauge is different, but with the accessport it will be awesome and easy to see. You could even log data with the accessport and have someone from NASIOC check out the logs, which will tell a LOT. But NASIOC is like NT and they hate noobs lol

maintenance is very simple with subaru's imo

Last edited:
NT FAM,

Many thanks.

If this spoke design is what you're looking for, what about some Weds Sport TC005?  

weds_tc_005_gry_ci3_l.jpg

don't buy replica wheels

Nah you're right, I didn't literally mean only Subaru owners answer. I'm not sure how I feel about the rebuilt title. A year and a half ago I passed on a Terminator mustang because it had a rebuilt title, and kinda high miles. Considering both things though, it wasn't priced that great, which is also why I passed.

I'm sure in a year or 2, I would be selling it, I tend to only keep cars for 6-12 months. I know that it being a rebuild, would make it harder to sell.
The seller is a younger guy, probably late 20s. He bought it from a dealership, and it was rebuilt before the dealership had it, which is nice to know that it's been driven for a while since being fixed. Only has 90k miles, after market front intercooler, tune, and stage 2 upgrades.

Didn't see this lol.

Rebuilt titles seem like a hit or miss thing. I probably wouldn't care since it's been driven and if the inspection goes well, then it should be fine..

Like I said before, dumb upgrades would steer me away. This guy put a frontmount intercooler, which is pointless with the stock turbo, makes it lag and slower if anything. That right there would have me not want it, unless he upgraded the vf39 (wouldn't be stage 2 if he did tho). The cobb stage 2 map doesn't even account for a FMI as well, so it's def not running how it should be.

Last edited:
Went and checked out the 05 STI. Car is super clean..... But it has a story behind it. It has a rebuilt title, which explains why it's priced so well (13 grand Canadian). Can't say I'm surprised, with a price like that something had to be up. Story is it hopped off the road, went through some bushes
hopped the road like hopped a curb?  Could be some bent suspension components and other things going on under the car. also damage underneath from hitting things when it was off the road.

i'd steer clear.

especially since u said u might sell it after a year or 2.  Clean title cars will always be much easier to sell.  Not only for more money, but a quicker sale

Last edited:
NT FAM,

Many thanks.

If this spoke design is what you're looking for, what about some Weds Sport TC005?  

weds_tc_005_gry_ci3_l.jpg

don't buy replica wheels
Why not go with those avant garde?
Have you looked into velgens also?
And im not sure if nelson999 nelson999 calling those rep wheels..?

Imo wheels are wheels. If you like the style and its affordable go for it. Just get some decent quality rims that wont crack easy. But to average consumer thats not something they can determine by just looking at it tbh.
Ive owned rep wheels some good some bad.
You can buy vossens and theyre complete **** quality.
So yeah.

Question what determines if a wheel is a replica?
Some companies make blatant ripoffs of other companies wheel designs. Don't design anything of their own. And they make them much cheaper quality. (not forged)

Anything made by Rota, XXR, etc.  there are a lot more i just can't think of them nor do i care about those companies.

example:

Rota Grid (knockoffs)

image%20(1)-L.jpg

Volk TE37

7782719788_082e2ba23e_b.jpg

i would never buy reps for a few reason.

1: I think they look like crap compared to the real ones (just look at those Rotas compared the Volks above)

2: low quality

3: if you don't damage them, you can always get your money back selling your wheels

4: i would never support a company like that, that can't come up with their own product and just blatantly copy others designs

5: faking the funk is just 
mean.gif
  (some people even go as far as putting Volk stickers on their Rotas or same goes with other brands out there. like BBS centercaps in fake BBS rims)

Last edited:
Why not go with those avant garde?
Have you looked into velgens also?
And im not sure if @Nelson999 calling those rep wheels..?

Imo wheels are wheels. If you like the style and its affordable go for it. Just get some decent quality rims that wont crack easy. But to average consumer thats not something they can determine by just looking at it tbh.
Ive owned rep wheels some good some bad.
You can buy vossens and theyre complete **** quality.
So yeah.
nah i wasn't calling the ones he posted reps, i have no idea what those even were, lol

i was saying that because someone responded to him with a link to some rep wheels

and yea Vossens suck. Overhyped crap

Last edited:
hopped the road like hopped a curb?  Could be some bent suspension components and other things going on under the car. also damage underneath from hitting things when it was off the road.

i'd steer clear.

especially since u said u might sell it after a year or 2.  Clean title cars will always be much easier to sell.  Not only for more money, but a quicker sale
Nah, like driving on a back road and went off into the bushes. This was several years ago. Of course, it's impossible to verify the story.

However, the condition of the car is very nice, especially under the hood, it's super clean, which makes me think someone cared for it. Someone else put a deposit down and is supposed to be getting it checked out Saturday, so it might already be sold.

You're right though, clean titles are much easier to sell, although at 13g's, it's priced right as a rebuild, up here higher mileage clean ones go for 20+ grand.

Didn't see this lol.

Rebuilt titles seem like a hit or miss thing. I probably wouldn't care since it's been driven and if the inspection goes well, then it should be fine..

Like I said before, dumb upgrades would steer me away. This guy put a frontmount intercooler, which is pointless with the stock turbo, makes it lag and slower if anything. That right there would have me not want it, unless he upgraded the vf39 (wouldn't be stage 2 if he did tho). The cobb stage 2 map doesn't even account for a FMI as well, so it's def not running how it should be.
Thanks for the advice. It's running 18 psi, still stock turbo, has full gauges on the pillar including air/fuel ratio. It was also tuned by a local tuning shop, who I've heard good things about before. Would that make it beneficial to run a front mount intercooler?

Like you said, it's been driven for a couple years now after the rebuild, so with a inspection I wouldn't be too concerned.

i'd steer clear.

Nah, like driving on a back road and went off into the bushes. This was several years ago. Of course, it's impossible to verify the story.

However, the condition of the car is very nice, especially under the hood, it's super clean, which makes me think someone cared for it. Someone else put a deposit down and is supposed to be getting it checked out Saturday, so it might already be sold.

You're right though, clean titles are much easier to sell, although at 13g's, it's priced right as a rebuild, up here higher mileage clean ones go for 20+ grand.
Damn they're really 20k? You should buy a Skyline 
devil.gif

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4801421463.html

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4776773684.html

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4776535189.html

you can bet the house i'd be driving a Skyline if i lived there.

i remember a couple years ago, for ***** and giggles, i put my Evo on Craigslist in Canada and got offered like 10 different skyline trades within like 4 days 
laugh.gif

Speaking of wheels i'm going through with that trade for the black chrome RPF1 + $1400 cash.  Love my Orange Volks but it's time for a change. Longest i've ever owned a single set of rims.

meeting the dude at 1 tomorrow

Bruh you picked a terrible pic of the Rota Grids. :lol:

Theres some whips with grids that look just as good as the Volks. I dont think its necessarily faking the funk.

Bruh you picked a terrible pic of the Rota Grids.
laugh.gif

Theres some whips with grids that look just as good as the Volks. I dont think its necessarily faking the funk.
nah just a dumb car in the pic. 

Grids will never look as good as TE37s and it is 100% faking the funk. What else would it be?  Rotas are no different than fake Jordans/Kobes/Lebrons/etc

and then the dudes with Volk stickers on them are the dudes with fake Jordans telling everyone they're real

Last edited:
Using TE stickers is a whole different game, but any sensible person with Grids woudnt do that.

And I hate it when people use fake J's as an analogy, it isnt the same thing IMO.

But carry on.

And I hate it when people use fake J's as an analogy, it isnt the same thing IMO.

But carry on.
How is it not the same, really?  Actually, it's worse. Because not only do they 100% copy the design like a company making fake jordans would, but then they put their own name on it and sell it as their own.  If you have the resources to create wheels and have a company, make your own ******* designs.

if you want to rock cheap fakes as track wheels so you don't **** up some expensive wheels and don't care if they end up breaking, then i guess go ahead, i can understand that logic. But buying them for looks is lame. OEM rims > Replica rims

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom