\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Road course is my preference but with the crowd in here talking about v8s and hemis i figured i might as well speak their language lol

Either way, I'm not risking it or ****** up my interior in the process.

...especially if she's a squirter. Clean alacantara > soggy alacantara...all day.

You aint running tens fam

Evo stil in da shop b :rolleyes

While true. 10's on corn is not that big a deal in an evo.

Like i said i prefer road course. Transmissions for this car are ******ed expensive, whereas tires and brake pads are a bit cheaper.

Not sure why there is so much hate for four bangers in here. It's okay though, not everyone is willing to try something new to them. I would say go and drive one first though before making a judgment.

The car will outhandle anything you can buy from any major american car manufacturer short of a ZO6. You can't deny that they have a greater performance per dollar ratio.

But yes it has four doors and looks like a grocery getter. I can understand the hate if you only like coupes or something based on looks.

it can out handle a z28 camaro?

the reason i dislike 4 bangers is when their owners think its better than v8s.

i really love v8s.

4 bangers are cool tho u get good gas mileage with them.

tbh doe i appreciate all cars. from da carolla to the lambo

Last edited:

And for the people that still think they are slow.

Stock turbo evo IX. Old video I think they have done 10 flat now.

For the folks obviously concerned with appearance only these times on stock turbo are faster than "da GTR" or "da Rarri" or "da Lambo". On a stock turbo.

Last edited:
Of course the boost is not stock lol.

I didn't say speed was the only factor. Of course it isn't. It is different preferences for everyone at different stages in life.

Now that I am 30 something I would prefer a GT3RS over my evo. It would be slower, but it is more of a refined car that I can take to the track.

The appeal of the evo to me is supercar performance for an affordable price. I was just trying to prove the point that they are not slow.

There is some very old thoughts that arise from the 70s that all japanese four bangers are slow. Back then they were slow. How that idea still persists today is amazing to me.

Last edited:
i agree four bangers are great.

but a completely stock production four banger will never compete with a comoletely stock production v8 in terms of power made.

@WhatCanISay so this dude I know who lives on my floor recently copped some STI fire. He got it this winter tho so I told him he needs to grab some winter shoes asap or he's gonna regret it.

Fast forward... I park next to his car yesterday and found his **** had more than a black eye.

Come to find out dude did exactly what I told not to do. Drive the car in snow. He slid real easy into the car in front of him. Fender, bumper, headlight, fogs, bumper and hood need to be replaced. And idk if his frame is good.

I haven't talked to him yet (found out what happened from my dude at security desk). But I pray for his soul. He knows he ****** up lol.

So I share this with you my brother. Don't make the same mistake! I can't steal a broken car :tongue:

And more power than a lot of V8s

:tongue:

show me a stock 4 or 6 banger with more power than a stock v8

There's a couple 4 bangers, at least one 5 cylinder, and a few 6 cylinders that are just as powerful as the 5.7 Hemi...

AMG 2.0
VW 2.0 in the Golf 400R
Volvo I5 in the Focus rs500
Volvo is about to come out with a 400+ hp I4
current M3 I6
GTR V6
Ford 3.5 ecoboost V6
Ford GT V6

That's off the top of the head...

True, but all of those are forced induction. Add FI to any large displacement engine and it will almost always outperform the smaller displacement.

but a completely stock production four banger will never compete with a comoletely stock production v8 in terms of power made.

I'm really dating myself here but for example the 92 Honda Prelude 2.2 litre 4 banger made 160hp while Chevrolet's 5.0 v8 made 170hp the same year, both naturally aspirated. Granted the Chevy had a considerable amount more torque... but factor in the Hondas lighter weight and it was a much faster car.

Last edited:

more power doesn't equal faster though 

Exactly.

Mannnn... Tell me about it!

I remember back in the day when my older sister would tag me along with street races. Integra Type Rs were killing V8s.

CRXs with B20s, K20s or Frankenstein motors were just straight murkin' :smh: :x

Last edited:

you understand that there are stock production turbo 4 cylinders making 300+ horsepower right?  So, your statement is hog ****

v8s are great but they aren't the most amazing thing to ever happen to the auto industry.  you can get more power + better MPG out of turbo 4 and 6 cylinders.  Why do you think there are so many companys going that route now. Hell even Ford has an eco boost 4cyl Mustang now. and the new GT is a ecoboost 6cyl.  that must really get under your skin 
laugh.gif

just give it a rest on the "V8 > everything" already, Joe Dirt.

Last edited:

you understand that there are stock production turbo 4 cylinders making 300+ horsepower right?  So, your statement is hog ****

v8s are great but they aren't the most amazing thing to ever happen to the auto industry.  you can get more power + better MPG out of turbo 4 and 6 cylinders.  Why do you think there are so many companys going that route now. Hell even Ford has an eco boost 4cyl Mustang now. and the new GT is a ecoboost 6cyl.  that must really get under your skin :lol:

just give it a rest on the "V8 > everything" already, Joe Dirt.
It gets under my skin REAL good cuz they can do use the same tech they use for those 4 bangers on the v8s

Damn four bangers :smh: :lol:

I think the argument is a v8 n/a makes more hp than a n/a 4/6 cylinder (obviously).

4 and 6 cylinders need boost just to keep up with v8s.

Since there are boosted 4 and 6s that keep up with v8s, so what?

If you boosted a v8, then it'll blow the boosted 4 and 6 out of the water.

Etc. etc.

If you boosted a v8, then it'll blow the boosted 4 and 6 out of the water.

Etc. etc.
How many cars come with boosted v8s?

How much is it going to cost to boost your NA v8? alot

these 4 and 6 cylinders you speak of come boosted from the factory............

thus they are already built to handle boost, they are easy/cheap to add power to, etc.

all im trying to say is every motor has it's advantages.  they can all be extremely powerful when money and time is put into them. there is no reason to be saying "v8 is best". it's just ignorant.

and this is coming from someone who's next car will be a v8

Last edited:
ay for da record doe

a lot of these super cars are going twin turbo v8 so.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom