\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just got her this week
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Lpheat22

For you challenger owners what do you recommend auto or manual? And is there that much of a difference between the SRT and R/T versions? Also how's the gas for you guys? I live in so cal btw

do they make these in auto?
laugh.gif

I dont own one but dont bother copping either if your wanting one in automatic
They do make them in Auto. In '08 when they first came out, you could only get them in Auto, and from '09 on they have made them both in a 6-Speed Manual and Automatic. There is a difference in the performance between the SRT and R/T. The SRT obviously has the 6.1 (or the 6.4 if you get the '11), the suspension is far superior, the Brembo's are superior... But again that only matters if you're like me, and you want to have the top dog. I know a lot of guys with R/T's that have dropped some dollars on their cars and have made faster than the SRT's. Personally to me that make no sense. You could have taken that money and made an SRT, even faster than it already is, but to each his own.

Which leads me to Dominic Torreto over here
indifferent.gif
... No one here is knocking you for liking old Nissan's right? And if they did, you wouldn't care right? So if dude wants to drop 45k on car, who are you to tell him that he should get it in manual or not get it at all? Not everyone enjoys driving a manual and as awesome as they are, if it's your everyday car and you tend to sit in traffic, that six speed will become annoying really quick.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Lpheat22

For you challenger owners what do you recommend auto or manual? And is there that much of a difference between the SRT and R/T versions? Also how's the gas for you guys? I live in so cal btw

do they make these in auto?
laugh.gif

I dont own one but dont bother copping either if your wanting one in automatic
They do make them in Auto. In '08 when they first came out, you could only get them in Auto, and from '09 on they have made them both in a 6-Speed Manual and Automatic. There is a difference in the performance between the SRT and R/T. The SRT obviously has the 6.1 (or the 6.4 if you get the '11), the suspension is far superior, the Brembo's are superior... But again that only matters if you're like me, and you want to have the top dog. I know a lot of guys with R/T's that have dropped some dollars on their cars and have made faster than the SRT's. Personally to me that make no sense. You could have taken that money and made an SRT, even faster than it already is, but to each his own.

Which leads me to Dominic Torreto over here
indifferent.gif
... No one here is knocking you for liking old Nissan's right? And if they did, you wouldn't care right? So if dude wants to drop 45k on car, who are you to tell him that he should get it in manual or not get it at all? Not everyone enjoys driving a manual and as awesome as they are, if it's your everyday car and you tend to sit in traffic, that six speed will become annoying really quick.

Buying a used car tomorrow from a private party. How much will it run me total for registration/title transfer/tax/license plate.. etc???? Nevada if it matters.. Just need a rough estimate

It really depends.  I know in California, you will have to pay taxes when you transfer ownership, unless it's a "gift".  However, if you are not paying cash it will be difficult to explain that, so you will have to pay taxes on the transaction.  You can minimize the tax hit by paying as much cash as possible and decreasing the loan amount.

So say you are getting a loan to pay off the private party, add a Nevada State tax.    Registration depends on the state, in California it will probably be an extra $150-250.  On top of that the person drawing up the documents will probably charge a fee.

Picked up this:

1782%20028.JPG

Buying a used car tomorrow from a private party. How much will it run me total for registration/title transfer/tax/license plate.. etc???? Nevada if it matters.. Just need a rough estimate

It really depends.  I know in California, you will have to pay taxes when you transfer ownership, unless it's a "gift".  However, if you are not paying cash it will be difficult to explain that, so you will have to pay taxes on the transaction.  You can minimize the tax hit by paying as much cash as possible and decreasing the loan amount.

So say you are getting a loan to pay off the private party, add a Nevada State tax.    Registration depends on the state, in California it will probably be an extra $150-250.  On top of that the person drawing up the documents will probably charge a fee.

Picked up this:

1782%20028.JPG

because its a sports car, why try to front in traffic in an automatic?? son is asking how bad the gas mileage is and I would imagine if price for the SRT version is worth it. So why spend $45k on an automatic "sports" car if gas prices are going to be a problem. Thats more of a weekend/track car than a daily

and Ive been driving stick for the past 5 years with south florida traffic and it hasnt annoyed me yet, different strokes for different folks I guess...

because its a sports car, why try to front in traffic in an automatic?? son is asking how bad the gas mileage is and I would imagine if price for the SRT version is worth it. So why spend $45k on an automatic "sports" car if gas prices are going to be a problem. Thats more of a weekend/track car than a daily

and Ive been driving stick for the past 5 years with south florida traffic and it hasnt annoyed me yet, different strokes for different folks I guess...

i sit in traffic all the time. BAD traffic. i drive a stick. i don't even have to think about it anymore. never got that argument.

i'd take most cars in a manual, except maybe a 1400 hp supra.

i sit in traffic all the time. BAD traffic. i drive a stick. i don't even have to think about it anymore. never got that argument.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

It really comes down to how heavy the clutch is IMO. In most whips itll never be a problem but in others youll barely be able to crawl out cuz your left leg will be obliterated by the time you get to where youre going. Been there and done that, not worth it.

It really comes down to how heavy the clutch is IMO. In most whips itll never be a problem but in others youll barely be able to crawl out cuz your left leg will be obliterated by the time you get to where youre going. Been there and done that, not worth it.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

true true, i drove a dudes m3 with a 4 puck unsprung clutch.  pedal feel was the same but you gotta slip that thing like crazy.  that would get annoying as hell.  i know what you're talking about though too.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

true true, i drove a dudes m3 with a 4 puck unsprung clutch.  pedal feel was the same but you gotta slip that thing like crazy.  that would get annoying as hell.  i know what you're talking about though too.

i'm madd that I just spent the last 15 minutes of my lives...going through the frst 10 pages of this thread....I'm saving up for my first car now.... -_-"

i'm madd that I just spent the last 15 minutes of my lives...going through the frst 10 pages of this thread....I'm saving up for my first car now.... -_-"

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

My E39, finna part with her though
ohwell.gif
Can I haz your wheels? What are the specs?
530i M Sport, stock everything except Mtech II suspension, with Umnitza Predator Ice white and blue angel eyes.

Back
Top Bottom