\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

got a long crack in my windshield, about 11". What route should i take? repair or replace? What would i be looking at for either?
'13 mustang.

Do you have glass coverage included in your insurance plan?

I had about the same size crack that grew to the entire windshield.

I inquired with my insurance about my glass coverage, I just had to pay a $250 deductible to have it replaced.

Guy did it in my driveway in less than an hour.

forgot to mention that i dont really have another garage space, so I'll have to park either the lexus or the cobra on the street which sucks :/

and sometimes when i drive the lexus, i wish it had more of a presence.. its quick, but just doesnt feel special.
Park the Lexus on the street. Like you said, it's not special, just a nice (almost 5 year old) car. Having both would be the perfect balance, you'll really appreciate the Cobra and how raw its power delivery is when you take it out for a rip, but at the same time when you're cruising to work you'll appreciate how smooth and refined the Lexus is.

Last edited:
Well, 5 days and 2 loaner cars later, I have my car back and fixed :lol:

No more bumper scuff or dent. They even refinished the wheel since the truck clipped that too. Only downside is now I have 1 wheel that looks brand new, and the other 3 look ****** in comparison :lol:. I think the previous owner parked by braille, all the wheels were pretty curbed when I got it :smh:

All in all, my insurance ended up paying $1800 to fix this, as they agreed with me that the chick who hit me was 100% at fault, so I didn't have to pay a penny. Crazy how fast body work can add up :x

I worked out a deal with the body shop to get my front bumper resprayed because it had a lot of rock chips all over it for cheap ($150), since they already would have the paint for the rear bumper and quarter panel for the accident damage.

So all in all, I only paid $160 after taxes to get my front bumper sprayed, which is something I wanted to do anyways, so it all worked out in the end :smokin

Sidebar: After driving a Sonata Hybrid for 3 days, I'm very happy to have my car back. Props to all the tree huggers out there for trying to save the world, but there's no way I could daily one of those, I don't care how good on gas they are. It was just way too slow and unresponsive, and I didn't like how you can feel the brakes sending power to the batteries either, felt really weird.

Last edited:
forgot to mention that i dont really have another garage space, so I'll have to park either the lexus or the cobra on the street which sucks :/

and sometimes when i drive the lexus, i wish it had more of a presence.. its quick, but just doesnt feel special.

I love my e92 m3 and all, but I lust over a terminator every time I see one. Keep the lexus and get the terminator.

The IS-F will bore you after a while

Quick question. How come BMW doesn't make a performace 7 series to compete with the AMG S class?

Quick question. How come BMW doesn't make a performace 7 series to compete with the AMG S class?
I would assume there's no money to be made, otherwise they would. The 7 series is only slightly larger than the 5 series, if you want a performance BMW sedan, get the M5, I doubt most people need the extra bit of room the 7 series offers over the 5 series. The market for a full size performance 7 series is probably VERY small, and easier to fill using Alpina instead.

The next gen 7 series was just revealed recently and there are rumors that BMW will finally release the M7. Hasn't been confirmed though.

Back
Top Bottom