\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Cobra kits can get pretty crazy

427 block with twin Paxton supercharger and all (which is :pimp:)

Alright I slept on it and my plan /situation for it is
It's a car
I want a car
It's a two door
It's a nova ( not thee nova but a nova)
It's free.

I'll have to go back over there to look at it again but from what I've seen , it's all there even the hood and all the windows it has all the wheels and it would just need a drive train

Which is somewhat of the hard part but the parts would be cheap (junkyard :smile: )

I can get help building it and even get the body together at my school

Man can dream :lol: :pimp:

Don't let the haters spoil your fun. It's a free car so you have a few options, two of which will put you ahead in terms of cost vs value.

1. Drop in a new drive train. Gut the interior, remove and patch any rusty spots (Even just sitting that long, I'd assume the floorpans and possibly trunk need to be replaced). Bolt in a decent junkyard interior, cover with Mexican blanket seat covers :smokin . This is what I'd do. I wouldn't even bother with the paint. Maybe primer grey. Something I just love about a reliable old car with a derelict patina though :smokin

2. Dump an absurd amount of money into it, build a beast, and then put it on the market at a price you'll never sell it for even though you're still losing money like this guy :lol: ... https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5163502018.html

3. Part it out. If you start the project and realize it's too far gone, you can always part it out and put that money towards something else.

I know you're pretty handy with a wrench, so unless you go with route #2... you can't lose.

Posts like this is why i love u

Listen to this man andretti
the first route is likely the one I'm gonna go and for the interior it's currently has bucket seats but I'll still throw some Mexican blankets on there :lol:
Far as the exterior I like the faded red and blue patina it has so I'll just have it clear coated . I've already came up with a mod list I'll post it if you like

:Rollin

This guy at my job drives this challenger t/a everyday which is dope cuz most people with cars likely these wouldn't dd them

I'm gonna have to catch him in the parking lot one day an ask him about it

Wow didn't know they made replicas like that.
Kit cars have actually came a long way, about 10 years ago they had a really bad rap, and most people pictured Ferrari's built outta Fiero's when they thought of a kit car :lol: .

One company that makes a lot of cobra kit cars is factoryfive.com

Check em out, they make a couple different kits. The GTM is bad ***, it's a supercar built using Corvette parts :smokin

img_1805.jpg

Last edited:
the first route is likely the one I'm gonna go and for the interior it's currently has bucket seats but I'll still throw some Mexican blankets on there :lol:
Far as the exterior I like the faded red and blue patina it has so I'll just have it clear coated . I've already came up with a mod list I'll post it if you like
Make sure to post up some pics when you get it home and cleaned off. Option 1 is definitely your best. Keep your costs as low as possible, and you'll end up with a cool sleeper.

Kit cars have actually came a long way, about 10 years ago they had a really bad rap, and most people pictured Ferrari's built outta Fiero's when they thought of a kit car
laugh.gif

One company that makes a lot of cobra kit cars is factoryfive.com

Check em out, they make a couple different kits. The GTM is bad ***, it's a supercar built using Corvette parts
smokin.gif

The G35 vaydor kit car is clean

They used the stock g35 tail lights but flipped them

Make sure to post up some pics when you get it home and cleaned off. Option 1 is definitely your best. Keep your costs as low as possible, and you'll end up with a cool sleeper.

That's Definitely will do . :pimp:

Cant get down with kit cars :x

neither can i. if i can't stunt for real, i'd rather not stunt at all. ill take an old honda over a kit anyday...hashtag gas mileage.
I agree with this for the most part... I'm not a fan of "modern" kits... The Vaydor and supercar looking joints are horrible IMO... Sure the design is :smokin... But it's a g35 bruh... It's just so blah to me...

Certain old school cars like Cobra's are cool by me though... If you want a Ferrari 250, or Cobra, or Jag D-Type or any super super rare car, I don't have a problem with it... I think it bring a roadster helps :lol:... As long as it's a high quality joint... But it's gotta be a car that when you see it, you know it's either a kit car or a 1 of 7 $20M car :lol:... No MG's or Mustang's :lol:...

The best kit cars are the track day special's though...

I agree with this for the most part... I'm not a fan of "modern" kits... The Vaydor and supercar looking joints are horrible IMO... Sure the design is :smokin... But it's a g35 bruh... It's just so blah to me...

Certain old school cars like Cobra's are cool by me though... If you want a Ferrari 250, or Cobra, or Jag D-Type or any super super rare car, I don't have a problem with it... I think it bring a roadster helps :lol:... As long as it's a high quality joint... But it's gotta be a car that when you see it, you know it's either a kit car or a 1 of 7 $20M car :lol:... No MG's or Mustang's :lol:...

The best kit cars are the track day special's though...
I think people get kit cars twisted. Like, the Vaydor is essentially a entire body kit. So yea, I can understand if people aren't down with it, because it is essentially a G35 that now looks like a supercar, but its all show and not much go. But the Vaydor really isn't a "kit car". To me, a kit car is something you completely assemble, including the chassis, suspension, engine, interior, everything! As opposed to putting a radical body onto something.

That GTM kit I posted, comes with its own chassis, frame, and body. Same with the Cobra kits. The reason the GTM uses Corvette parts (drivetrain and some suspension) is to keep the cost down for the builder, not because the parts aren't quality. Same with the Cobra kits, some of them use 5.0 Fox body parts as donors for the drivetrain and suspension to keep the cost down, and make it easier for the builder to source all the parts.

Honestly, I'd love to build a kit car like a GTM or Cobra one day. I think it would be pretty cool, just to slowly work on one in your garage. You'd be dealing with mostly new parts, so it wouldn't even be that messy, you wouldn't be messing with rusty bolts etc. like a normal project. I think it would be pretty fun if you weren't in a hurry. :smokin

Last edited:
Twin Turbo Lambo is gone 
tired.gif

We shipped it off to Ohio.  Got another Gallardo back in return. nothin special just has exhaust and HRE wheels. It sounds amazing though. Much more driver friendly as well

Last edited:
I love kit car that arent replicas. I'm a lego kid so I like building things. Hell I remodel homes and resell in my spare time. So I can appreciate building my own car and telling my experience to others. Just like when I renovate homes.

Back
Top Bottom