\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You can get RCE lowering springs. Doesn't really lower it much and it improves handling and you'll also have less wheel gap.

A cat-back won't do much, if anything at all for performance. But I do recommend one, especially since you don't need a tune  for one.

I wouldn't pay for a tune if you don't have any performance parts on it.

If you're out of warranty, buy an accessport and flash it to stage 1. It is better than the ******* ****** stock tune. Wait until you get at least a downpipe, intake, maybe headers for a pro-tune.
Thanks for the advice. 

Yeah, I rather have it tuned after I get all the parts I want. 

Cobb or Perrin? What you think ? 
If I got a subie I'd get a red one. I always see them in blue black or white and when I see a red one I think it looks way better.
I've seen a few 2013 Red STIs and they are 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

get winter tires. i swear i feel lm one of the few who swaps out in the winter, mad dudes out here thinking they're doing it with their WRX on summers and its like 15 F with snow on the ground.

blizzaks or general arctics. and dont make my mistake and go 215, idk y i did that lol.

a small coating will have your subaru moonwalking in the streets
It's a shame that the dealership sells WRX/STI with summer tires.. Even during the winter, your WRX/STI will still be sitting with summer from the dealership. 

I have all seasons on mine. Soon I'll be running Summer's year round though. I don't even think anyone here buys winter tires :lol:

i mean for the everyday person its not practical to sell the car with summers on. having said that you do get the best road grip when its warm out. but when its cold, the tires harden and this drastically reduces the friction between the tire and road, and therefore can be seen to some extent as unsafe. all seasons typically don't succumb to hardening as much in cold temps, but winters even in without the snow factor provide the most grip due to the rubber compound engineered only for freezing temps.

canada as well as a number of euro countries, require by federal law, that drivers must have winter tires within the designated dates, or face penalty.

Soooo...anybody copping the Model 3? Maybe I should have waited on the Volt :lol:

Last edited:
Would you guys ever consider purchasing a rebuilt title vehicle? Why or why not?

Stay away man. No resale value for one and salvage vehicles are often not vetted for everything that's wrong with them. Worked as a intern for a summer at an inspection place.

I've heard that Cobb is behind on what you can do nowadays. That there's better stuff out their apparently. I gotta do some research for sure. See what's good. Even though it will definitely be awhile till I do any mods when I get my car

Since we talking tires what do you guys like

1. Summer
2. All season/ Winter

I haven't had the luxury to mess with a lot. So far for me
Goodyear- BUNZ
OEM michelin pilot?(forgot the exact) all seasons on my 13 si- pretty good
Continental DWS- I'm a fan of. I threw them on my girls car when she was due for new tires.

I've heard of good things about conti's DW summers

A set of dedicated summer tires and a seperate set of dedicated winter tires is the best way to go for anyone that cares about their car's performance and has to deal with temps below freezing. It may cost a little more upfront but it's so worth it.

At low temperatures, summer tires pass a glass transition point where the rubber becomes hard and grip decreases dramatically. Winter tires have a super soft compound that often results in a spongy feeling and will wear quickly in warmer temperatures.

Last edited:
I have Michelin Pilot Super Sport on my TSX

My brother has BF Goodrich g Force Sport Comp 2 on his WRX

Would you guys ever consider purchasing a rebuilt title vehicle? Why or why not?
We've talked about this before recently. As you can see, the majority of people would not even consider a rebuild, and for good reason. You never know the quality of work that went into the car to fix it. And the main issue, is if you ever want to sell the vehicle down the line, it'll be almost impossible to find a buyer.

Having said all that, personally, I would consider a rebuild, but ONLY if the seller had documented pictures of the damage, and it wasn't severe, and didn't involve the frame or engine. Used cars that normally sell for 10-15 grand don't need to be damaged much to be written off. Might not be the same where you're at, but here they'll write off your vehicle if the damage is over half the value of the vehicle. Pretty easy to do 6 grand worth of damage and not be in a serious accident. However, if it's a new 40 grand car, 20 grand worth of damage is probably pretty serious.

Also, if you're just talking a cheap car, like around 5 grand, a rebuilt title wouldn't really bother me too much if the car was in really good shape. It wouldn't affect its value too much.

Regardless, if you do decide to buy a rebuild, PLEASE get it inspected and looked at!

Last edited:
My wife sister wants to buy a mini van .. Her husband has like 3 cars and he doesn't want to buy another one, but he found an Odyssey Touring edition for 16.5k rebuilt. He said the dude told him it was only the qtr panel and read that he fixed and it wasn't major damage. Being that the car is worth about 25k it is possible.

I told him to be careful .

Stay away from flood or front end where engine could of have been compromise.

I didn't see the before pictures but he sent him pictures for another odyssey where the sides where hit front and back door and airbag deployed and the suse told him the accident was less.

I want to give him around advise but this is not my area ...
I know he will ride that to the ground.

Would a Carfax reveal the damage?

My wife sister wants to buy a mini van .. Her husband has like 3 cars and he doesn't want to buy another one, but he found an Odyssey Touring edition for 16.5k rebuilt. He said the dude told him it was only the qtr panel and read that he fixed and it wasn't major damage. Being that the car is worth about 25k it is possible.

I told him to be careful .

Stay away from flood or front end where engine could of have been compromise.

I didn't see the before pictures but he sent him pictures for another odyssey where the sides where hit front and back door and airbag deployed and the suse told him the accident was less.

I want to give him around advise but this is not my area ...
I know he will ride that to the ground.

Would a Carfax reveal the damage?
If they reported it to carfax

I'd pass on it though

Back
Top Bottom