\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

On the salvage topic. My dad saw a car that he wants me to check out. He saw it in person and looks good but I tried talking him out of it. But he still wants me to get a carfax report. Is there any place I can get a vin check for free?

Is anyone a fan of breaking bad? You guys remember that Monte Carlo Jessie had? The red lowrider one. I saw one just like it at a parking lot :lol: kinda funny
Picture sucks but you get the idea

front bumper, spoiler?

Under the radar when racing? You mean like professional racing or street racing?
I'm almost certain their exterior parts are identical.

I don't personally know any STi's that would swap WRX parts, besides '15 gens who swap trunks, simply because they can't detach the wing without destroying the trunk.
A lot of people do it with the older models like blob eyes and hawk eyes. Those gens have different parts. The people I know do it mostly for street racing, some may do it for the track too. I know a guy who took a front end off of a n/a impreza and swapped it on to his sti. He wanted to appear like a stock Subaru, instead of one with 450whp. I personally would leave the car as is, if I were to pay for an sti I'd want it to look as it should.

Last edited:
On the salvage topic. My dad saw a car that he wants me to check out. He saw it in person and looks good but I tried talking him out of it. But he still wants me to get a carfax report. Is there any place I can get a vin check for free?
Nope, You gotta pay for it.  But if something recent happen to it, it won't just appear on carfax or any other vin check quickly.  It usually takes months.  

A rebuilt car comes down to personal choice period.  Trust me, you could sell it down the line but you lost a value of 1000-2000 off the car DEPENDING what type of car/brand it is. ( just have proper paperwork/receipts as I stated before.)

For example, Chris Brown 911 he crashed a while ago.  Joint was salvaged and sold the next week.  It all comes down to what kind of damage to the car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Porsch...ars_Trucks#ht_30600wt_1182&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Last edited:
I've used motosnoop in the past but it seems like it's not working right now.

Carfax only knows what is reported, so theoretically if somebody wrecked a car and then paid for repairs without notifying insurance, the carfax will remain clean.

A good mechanic/inspector will be able to look at the car and tell if there were any repairs done, like evidence of repainting or welding of the frames.

Can we have a separate thread for subies? Or will this thread die without it?

Carfax only knows what is reported, so theoretically if somebody wrecked a car and then paid for repairs without notifying insurance, the carfax will remain clean.

A good mechanic/inspector will be able to look at the car and tell if there were any repairs done, like evidence of repainting or welding of the frames.
Yup! Exactly.

Nope, You gotta pay for it.  But if something recent happen to it, it won't just appear on carfax or any other vin check quickly.  It usually takes months.  

A rebuilt car comes down to personal choice period.  Trust me, you could sell it down the line but you lost a value of 1000-2000 off the car DEPENDING what type of car/brand it is. ( just have proper paperwork/receipts as I stated before.)

For example, Chris Brown 911 he crashed a while ago.  Joint was salvaged and sold the next week.  It all comes down to what kind of damage to the car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Porsch...ars_Trucks#ht_30600wt_1182&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Appreciate it. It's a 2008 Prius with 90k miles for 6500 My dad saw it and says it looks good but he wants it to be my sisters first car. So I'm trying to talk him out of it unless I can get before pics and make sure everything was taken care of

Anyone know about getting a car title if the original was lost? And said vehicle was not on the road

Like a "barn find " vehicle ?

a 600whp '15 chassis STi in any of those will be a problem.

Usually they race them bone-stock which is an extremely bad representation, but I see why they do. I'm not asking for 1,000+hp, just being somewhat up there, power-wise with certain cars who perform very well in there.
You know.........,those vehicles have to be n/a to meet regulations in those races.

Subaru would have to rise to the challenge and create a n/a engine

a 600whp '15 chassis STi in any of those will be a problem.

Usually they race them bone-stock which is an extremely bad representation, but I see why they do. I'm not asking for 1,000+hp, just being somewhat up there, power-wise with certain cars who perform very well in there.
You know.........,those vehicles have to be n/a to meet regulations in those races.

Subaru would have to rise to the challenge and create a n/a engine

That would be impossible. Subaru focuses on and masters Turbo engines. This is what makes them conquer the World in Rally, whom all use turbo engines as well.

They left the WRC simply because they didn't want to reduce .5L of displacement to their legendary EJ257. Do you really think they will consider making high-powered NA engines for participating in simple curved/easily maneuvered through courses?
Why not?

But....but still they should race in the lemans

I don't know just hop on the track and race illegally for a lap or two....

Appreciate it. It's a 2008 Prius with 90k miles for 6500 My dad saw it and says it looks good but he wants it to be my sisters first car. So I'm trying to talk him out of it unless I can get before pics and make sure everything was taken care of
get the vin and check google images, they should appear.

Back
Top Bottom