\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Hmmm so I've noticed that my car is feeling extra sluggish lately. Sometimes it gets kind of stuck at 2k rpm while in 1st gear then it goes up. Read that cleaning the maf sensor could help a lot with throttle response. Any other ideas of what it could be?
It feels especially sluggish while the AC is on. But I know that's supposed to happen
MAF sensors are coated with a type of film from the factory, cleaning it can create other problems. also it most likely would affect more than just one specific point(2k in 1st)

is it an automatic?

Last edited:
Is it a drive by wire?
Think so. I'm gonna try recalibrating the throttle body maybe it has something to do with it. Maybe cleaning it too? I do have throttle body cleaner
Noticed it's not only in 1st gear but most noticeable

Last edited:
Viscosity is one of the most basic concepts you learn in fluid mechanics, but aside from that.

I run E85 and change my oil every 1.5k miles, due to the fact that once the acid makes contact with the oil it breaks down some of its lubricating properties which also affects viscosity. Same as an oil used for X,XXX amount of miles wouldn't have the same lubricating characteristics it did back when it was freshly changed.

But here's a list of oils that were banned in my state due to viscosity innacuracies.

Viscosity is one of the most basic concepts you learn in fluid mechanics, but aside from that.

I run E85 and change my oil every 1.5k miles, due to the fact that once the acid makes contact with the oil it breaks down some of its lubricating properties which also affects viscosity. Same as an oil used for X,XXX amount of miles wouldn't have the same lubricating characteristics it did back when it was freshly changed.

But here's a list of oils that were banned in my state due to viscosity innacuracies.

I never heard of any of those brands.

Me neither :lol:

None of it was googled, simply passing off information a shop posted (the pic). Everything else is just common knowledge.

Last edited:
That was a negative aspect of an STi.

It would help if you would not come in here and troll, criticizing people posting about their cars when responding to a post that sometimes shows engine failure.

Have a discussion and contribute for christs sake, that is what the thread is for. Leave all the poison and negativity out of here.

My dude is reborn.

Imma let that one slide b. :lol:

just got a 2016 v6 ford mustang.  looking to build this into a performance monster.  what should I do first? any good sites for tips?

I was thinking exhaust first then tires and suspension.

Last edited:
Probably better off saving your money. If you really like it, use it as a daily and get into a different platform that can effectively meet whatever goal you're trying to achieve.

What made you purchase that particular car and come to the decision to make it a "performance monster"?

What class of Motorsports are you looking to get into?

Last edited:

just got a 2016 v6 ford mustang.  looking to build this into a performance monster.  what should I do first? any good sites for tips?

Swap a coyote 5.0 motor in it

If your really crafty take that motor and build a go cart around it :pimp:

If you can still give it back, you can buy the GT500 version if they have it and it will come out MUCH cheaper than modifying this one.

Or just get the Eco boost version which you can easily mod and is lighter. Probably eat a GT500 with basic bolt ons.

And sorry to ask, it's just I always assume regular posters or semi-regular posters in here drive a manual or DCT. Is that a manual?

Last edited:
I'll be purchasing track wheels soon, if anybody has any input please feel free.

So far the best option I've narrowed it down to as far as looks, very light weight and economical for track abuse is the Enkei RPF1. Color will be a secret and I will be definitely going with 17's. Most likely 17x9+(minimum offset to clear my front Brembo's) , Tires probably Proxes and more specific R888

Last edited:

you got this papi

just dont hit nobody :lol:

I'll be purchasing track wheels soon, if anybody has any input please feel free.

So far the best option I've narrowed it down to as far as looks, very light weight and economical for track abuse is the Enkei RPF1. Color will be a secret and I will be definitely going with 17's. Most likely 17x9+(minimum offset to clear my front Brembo's) , Tires probably Proxes and more specific R888

+1 for the RPF1 cant go wrong with em :smokin

and in black or gold :smokin i lowkey hate when blue cars have white/silver wheels on em imo :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom