\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Question for the vets now that I'm learning this new concept.

If the power ratio weight thingamabob is equal in two cars. Or let's say a car is even heavier or has less power than the other car, BUT is still quicker in a straight line and around the track.

Does this make that certain car superior in terms of performance to the other car that is either lighter or has more power? Heck, or both!

?

If the power ratio weight thingamabob is equal in two cars. Or let's say a car is even heavier or has less power than the other car, BUT is still quicker in a straight line and around the track.

Does this make that certain car superior in terms of performance to the other car that is either lighter or has more power? Heck, or both!

?
Bugatti vs Ariel Atom or that one bulb thingy are a great example. Usually lighter cars will tend to cap out, but acceleration is basically the same or better. 

Last edited:
interesting that we're talking about power to weight and stuff cuz a channel i subscribe to just posted this vid :lol:
i thought the GTR would win too

Last edited:

?
Bugatti and Ariel Atom or that one bulb thingy are a great example. Usually lighter cars will tend to cap out, but acceleration is basically the same. 

So you're telling me factors like I don't know, center of gravity, power distribution, traction, body roll, under/over steering, etc. come into play as well?

And basically the car that packs it all and is superior in all of those aspects will beat this power to ratio weightamajig, making it the superior performance vehicle? Basically it's mechanical components has blessed this certain car with capabilities of winning back-to-back championships and consistently breaking world records?

I mean, if a car like this were to exist of course, you would call it superior?

Last edited:
interesting that we're talking about power to weight and stuff cuz a channel i subscribe to just posted this vid :lol:
i thought the GTR would win too

That's incredible!

What kind of engine would that Porsche have if you don't mind me asking?

Power to weight ratio.

What is this?

ratio between power and weight

Power to weight ratio.

What is this?

The more you know.

Thank you for this

Power to weight ratio.

What is this?
I'm flabbergasted that you don't know that.

I'm learning so many new things in this thread today

So you mean add more power?
:rofl:

?
Bugatti and Ariel Atom or that one bulb thingy are a great example. Usually lighter cars will tend to cap out, but acceleration is basically the same. 

So you're telling me factors like I don't know, center of gravity, power distribution, traction, body roll, under/over steering, etc. come into play as well?

And basically the car that packs it all and is superior in all of those aspects will beat this power to ratio weightamajig, making it the superior performance vehicle? Basically it's mechanical components has blessed this certain car with capabilities of winning back-to-back championships and consistently breaking world records?

Like the viper acr? Yes

Yes

Say a Veyron, extremely heavy, but loaded with a huge engine, electronic aids and AWD Haldex will put in work.

Atom. Lighter than a paper and with an ample engine = profit

Last edited:

Yes

Say a Veyron, extremely heavy, but loaded with a huge engine, electronic aids and AWD Haldex will put in work.

Thanks.

Very interesting

?

Like the viper acr? Yes

Roughly 12 seconds on the quarter-mile with 650hp and 3.4k lbs.

Impressive.

What if a car with a bit more weight with the same power did like, I don't know, mid or low 9 seconds or so? Would this be like impossible, or just an extroadinarily good performance vehicle?

?

Like the viper acr? Yes

Impressive.

What if a car with a bit more weight with the same power did like, I don't know, mid or low 9 seconds or so? Would this be like impossible, or just an extroadinarily good performance vehicle?
Well you also have to factor in the driver and his/her ability to do that . But impressive nonetheless. But I've seen cars go faster in lesser time though

(315 mph,5 secs).

So certain cars actually transfer power better than others and things like drag and blah have less of a negative impact/the car is able to overcome these obstacles better?

Very very Interesting.
The E34 has a lower drag co effecient = more aerodynamiques (0.3), weighed less, and had less power lost because it was RWD

The Veyron weighed more, had a co effecient of 0.4, and also had some power lost through the Haldex system, and even though it had an extra 100hp to take care of things, lost

Last edited:

?

Like the viper acr? Yes

Impressive.

Well you also have to factor in the driver and his/her ability to do that . But impressive nonetheless. But I've seen cars go faster in lesser time though

(315 mph,5 secs).

With only 600hp?

Now that's impressive trapping 315mph in such a small distance with that much weight and such little power. My hats off to that car

The sarcasm
roll.gif
Shh, we need to play along

?

Like the viper acr? Yes

Impressive.

(315 mph,5 secs).

With only 600hp?

Now that's impressive trapping 315mph in such a small distance with that much weight and such little power. My hats off to that car
Yep.

Back
Top Bottom