\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

well ,I am on vacation. Never been to Texas either . :lol: I'm down.

What's the exact engine in it?

You check the spark plugs?
Texas NT meet? :nerd:

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I start vacation on the 19th.
5.4 Trition, I changed the plugs a week ago.

Did u change the plugs urself?

I got the same motor And i hear the plugs are a pain to change since they break. Im mechanically inclined but my shop is charging three hundo you think itz worth it?
300 for a spark plug change sounds steep but I don't how the engine sits in the bay so they could be charging that much depending on how difficult it is to get to them.

300 for a spark plug change sounds steep but I don't how the engine sits in the bay so they could be charging that much depending on how difficult it is to get to them.

Its for plugs and coils

If u google 5.4 ford spark plugs ull see all the isues lol

They designed a three piece plug made from cermaic that tends to break when taking it out.
Wait just a damn minute.

You are THAT Omar? :nerd:

5k miles in a year? 
roll.gif
 I put 25k on my WRX in a year but in other news...

Got word a few weeks back that I got a week 36 allocation for my M2, still torn between a manual and DCT after reading reviews on the manual, I got a few weeks to decide

Last edited:
Its for plugs and coils

If u google 5.4 ford spark plugs ull see all the isues lol

They designed a three piece plug made from cermaic that tends to break when taking it out.
When I changed mine the second to last one broke. Had to rent a spark plug extraction tool. Wasn't too bad

ANYONE EVER TRY TO CLEAR BRA THEIR CAR ON THEIR OWN?

CONTEMPLATING DOING XPEL ON MY FRONT BUMPER :nerd: . JUST BUYING ROLLS OF THIS STUFF, APPLY TO CAR THEN CUT OFF THE EXTRA. SEEMS EASIER THAN BUYING THE PRE CUT FILM.

Last edited:
5k miles in a year? :rofl:  I put 25k on my WRX in a year but in other news...

Got word a few weeks back that I got a week 36 allocation for my M2, still torn between a manual and DCT after reading reviews on the manual, I got a few weeks to decide

id get DCT if it was a super car or a big sports car like a m5 m6 or something

smaller light weight sports cars like an m2 = manual :smokin

How did you like it? I've heard these aren't the most enjoyable things to drive.

Seriously considering a '12/'13 MC right now. Would be a foolish purchase by all accounts, but YOLO--right?

The car was stunning and got a lot of attention, driver feel isn't the best due to the long hood and you crave the features that every other Benz has. That being said, the 911 is much more enjoyable and my bros M6 would smoke the SLS no questions asked. As an investment and something to stare at, it's a great car to buy for the right price.

I actually drove a GT a few weeks ago with the standard automatic transmission. It was a nice long drive too, from the Mondrian all the way to calabasas. The car is very tame and sounds exceptional. It was the standard automatic version and a 2014 MY. I didn't floor it, although I know that by today's standards it isn't that fast. When it came out in 2008 it was powerful enough, but I don't think it's a car you buy to speed in. It's a highway cruiser that looks really really nice. It sounds so exotic. If it were 2013 I would say yes, but now that it's about to be 2016 I would wonder when the next gen comes out what will happen to the price of the car. Maserati prices plummet hard, and I think that once it hits the 30-40k range you would want something new and be back in the same boat again. If you plan on getting something preowned get something you'll be happy with for years to come. For someone in your position an M car or 911 is the advisable decision. I'd also consider a stingray.

id get DCT if it was a super car or a big sports car like a m5 m6 or something

smaller light weight sports cars like an m2 = manual :smokin

The DCS is faster and more fuel efficient. You don't need to be in a larger car to appreciate that. It all comes down to driver preference. It's certainly more driver involvement to drive a manual, whether that is more fun or less fun depends on the situation.

You'd be surprised what some people will sell to Carmax just to skip the hassle of selling a car. And Carmax won't sell a lot of the exotic cars or anything modded on their lots so they just auction them. Last month we saw a 2011 GT3 RS with 3k miles at a Carmax auction.
My cousin works at carmax as a mechanic

I think he gets to buy 2 or 3 cars a year at employee discount price

He said they get some crazy deals.

Like a e60 m5 going for 7k

Going to be looking at new cars soon. Value of current car is ~$5k and happy to put another ~$5k down. After that, my budget will be up to ~425/mo for a 48 month loan.

Currently thinking about looking at used Genesis and some Mazda 6's. Anything you guys would recommend? 

I'll only be doing about 8k miles per year. It'll be city/freeway (stop and go) driving as I'll be relocating to Atlanta. 

Going to be looking at new cars soon. Value of current car is ~$5k and happy to put another ~$5k down. After that, my budget will be up to ~425/mo for a 48 month loan.

Currently thinking about looking at used Genesis and some Mazda 6's. Anything you guys would recommend? 

I'll only be doing about 8k miles per year. It'll be city/freeway (stop and go) driving as I'll be relocating to Atlanta. 

You're looking for a sedan? Me personally 2016 Accord Sport Sedan, that's tight in your budget.

You're looking for a sedan? Me personally 2016 Accord Sport Sedan, that's tight in your budget.
I'm all over the place man. I could see the right coupe or even an SUV, but I'm comfortable with sedans. 

Looking to buy a new car by the time winter rolls around.  I was set on an STi for a while, but practicality seems to be getting the best of me.  Currently have my eye on the 75th Anniversary Wrangler in Sarge Green with a 6 speed:

Back
Top Bottom