\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Does Koenigsegg have the resources to restore it? I don't think they do.

Passenger compartment held up beautifully, all things considered

When you see a fleet of Chirons cruising through your town on a Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Wow! I wonder where they're headed. There will only be 500 to go around.

Last edited:
@celticspride34 A couple of guys have had their bespoke designs delivered haven't they?

Yea i don't think they're released yet. It appears to be the same 4 that were cruising around together during Monterey Car Week

edit: they're test cars

Last edited:
Ugly cars to me but I can appreciate the amount of engineering that goes into them :pimp:

GTR all day every day

Another shot of the GTI. I wish I could snap pics of the lighting package at night. The bi xenons are MEAN :pimp:

That is a clean GTI. Just picked up Autobahn with DSG and PP a few weeks ago. Previous car was a 2015 wrx. As mentioned, VW is practically giving these away. MSRP was 35, my price before taxes, gap, and service plan was 27,840.
Bro! Why did you get rid of the WRX? I went from a 20th anniversary MK4 to a 2016 WRX. No regrets. Only other VW I'd get is an R, but the Autobahn with PP is a great deal.

315k585.jpg

Clear bra the whole front end 2 days after I got it, and it still looks new.

Ah yeah I got a lot of heat from friends and family when I traded in the WRX. I truly loved the car, but it was time for something different.

Loved:
The raw power of the car, driving it was truly a blast.

Hated:
The stiff driving. On smooth roads the car is great, but on bad roads it would make me think something was seriously wrong with the car.

In addition to that I had some minor issues pop up that kinda bothered me. I had to replace the battery around 22,000 miles. About two months prior to that I noticed that the driver side door was rubbing against the fender. Turns out the door was out of alignment.

Lastly, I needed something that the wife could drive if needed. I tried to teach her to drive in a previous car (2012 jetta) and she couldn't get the hang of it.

All in all for the price I paid i think it was a good choice. If I had to pay MSRP for the GTI i probably would've kept the WRX.

Here is an old pic of the WRX.

WRX and GTI side by side.

that GTI interior tho :pimp: :pimp:. sometimes i get this feel like i wanna trade in my WRX for the GTI...better interior, easier drive (NE roads are some bs), better gas mileage..

but i really like the handling, the rumble and the cargo/cabin space (got the hatch). besides i've already gotten familiar with the engine maintenance wise, im way too attached to the car lol. already got a list of stuff i wanna do.

i hear you with random problems with wrx. idk if that is a subaru thing, but im at 75k and i need to get my 3rd throwout bearing installed, so essentially a new clutch kit, had to swap out ignition coils and sparks for pesky misfire on 3 cylinders to finally go away, and still have a slight roughness on idle. debating on whether to swap injectors..really dont want to tho. just did my air filter and PCV valve last night. and i still need a new window regulator for a window that is barely used (rear passenger :smh:)

it sits extra stock right now lol

my mom's got that oil burning issue on her 14 forrester :smh:.

makes me want a honda accord, those 16s are fuego right now.

anyways cool GTI b. i hear great things driving wise!

Last edited:
Saw this at Cars & Coffee today. The one and only Hellcat X built.  It was given away in a contest. This guy won it along with a 70 Challenger and they even payed the sales tax fees on both cars. All he had to pay for was transport from Florida.

1471f9ae_2016-09-0308.29.30.jpeg

cf4c2055_2016-09-0308.45.32.jpeg

Yes, you read the valve cover correctly, it's both turbo and supercharged

Saw this at Cars & Coffee today. The one and only Hellcat X built.  It was given away in a contest. This guy won it along with a 70 Challenger and they even payed the sales tax fees on both cars. All he had to pay for was transport from Florida.

1471f9ae_2016-09-0308.29.30.jpeg
cf4c2055_2016-09-0308.45.32.jpeg

Yes, you read the valve cover correctly, it's both turbo and supercharged
Oh wow I wonder how much it puts out. That's pretty neat . :pimp:

I raced the Hellcat X before. On the drag race he beat me by 15 car lengths but when we got on the touge he won by a nose. Edit it might've been a regular Hellcat.

The Hellcat we have at the shop handles shockingly well. Very surprising.  Although it is lowered and has micky thompson street slicks on it.

The in dash G reader said it peaked at 1.24Gs after we took her for a spin this morning

Last edited:
Wonder what the purpose of a turbo/super charger set up is. Maybe super at the lower speeds and turbo at the higher?

Compound boost setups aren't too common. The supercharger is usually a restriction to what the turbo is capable of. This applies to the aftermarket setups I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom