\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

OK GOTCHA, I THINK I MAY INQUIRE ON THEM DOING THE WHOLE FRONT HOOD AND WRAPPING THE EDGES. I COULD NEVER FIND ANY LINES ON THE CARS I LOOKED AT. I'M ASSUMING THIS MUST OF BEEN WHAT THEY DID

I have my full hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors wrapped with xpel. I think I paid 1200 or 1500 I don't remember, dealer did it.

I think I've said this before, but IMO clear bras are ugly as ****, and just look like a bunch of cheap clear plastic draped all over your car. I'd just save the 550 and use it to repaint the front bumper when it gets all chipped up. To each their own though
YOU CAN SEE CLEAR BRAS?
nerd.gif

THE CARS IVE SEEN WHO HAVE IT DONE, I HAD TO BE TOLD THAT THERE WAS A BRA ON IT. COULDN'T TELL AT ALL.
I don't like clear bra but honestly might do it in your situation.

1: The car is brand new and thus flawless, so each chip would drive me insane, plus the car is black so the chips are going to stand out more than most colors.

2: The car is black, so the dirt that collects around the edges of the clear bra (which is one of the things i hate most about it) probably wouldn't show.

And yea, don't do the half hood. Doesn't look good.

I may also suggest the section of the rear fender in front of the rear wheels. Very susceptible to chips on cars where the fenders flare out a bit. I believe Porsche does this from the factory on all of their wide body 911s, and it's much needed on those cars.

Last edited:
OK GOTCHA, I THINK I MAY INQUIRE ON THEM DOING THE WHOLE FRONT HOOD AND WRAPPING THE EDGES. I COULD NEVER FIND ANY LINES ON THE CARS I LOOKED AT. I'M ASSUMING THIS MUST OF BEEN WHAT THEY DID

I have my full hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors wrapped with xpel. I think I paid 1200 or 1500 I don't remember, dealer did it.

VERY NICE! I THINK I'M GOING TO GO THE SAME ROUTE. I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID $650 TO DO FULL HOOD, FENDERS, BUMPER AND MIRRORS ALONG WITH PROPER PAINT PREP.

THEY EXPLAINED THAT XPEL FILM HAS A 10 YEAR WARRANTY AND IS THICKER THAN SUNTEK, WHEREAS THE SUNTEK IS A LOT MORE CLEAR/SHINIER WITH LESS "ORANGE PEEL" THAN THE XPEL WITH A 5 YEAR WARRANTY. THINK I'M GONNA STICK WITH THE SUNTEK FILM AS I'D RATHER HAVE IT BE MORE CLEAR DESPITE THE SHORTER WARRANTY. I DEF DON'T INTEND TO KEEP THE FILM ON THE CAR FOR 10 YEARS BEFORE I REMOVE AND REAPPLY :lol:

HOW LONG AGO DID YOU HAVE IT DONE? HOW IS IT HOLDING UP? ANY YELLOWING OR PEELING?

Last edited:
Are the stripes painted on? I'm assuming they are
And +1 on the half hood stuff. looks terrible you can clearly see the line at the half of the hood

NAH THE STRIPES ARE VINYL. IN FACT WHEN I LEAN CLOSE TO THE CAR I CAN SEE THE EDGES OF THE VINYL CLEAR AS DAY :lol:

I think I've said this before, but IMO clear bras are ugly as ****, and just look like a bunch of cheap clear plastic draped all over your car. I'd just save the 550 and use it to repaint the front bumper when it gets all chipped up. To each their own though

YOU CAN SEE CLEAR BRAS? :nerd:

THE CARS IVE SEEN WHO HAVE IT DONE, I HAD TO BE TOLD THAT THERE WAS A BRA ON IT. COULDN'T TELL AT ALL.

I don't like clear bra but honestly might do it in your situation.

1: The car is brand new and thus flawless, so each chip would drive me insane, plus the car is black so the chips are going to stand out more than most colors.

2: The car is black, so the dirt that collects around the edges of the clear bra (which is one of the things i hate most about it) probably wouldn't show.

And yea, don't do the half hood. Doesn't look good.

I may also suggest the section of the rear fender in front of the rear wheels. Very susceptible to chips on cars where the fenders flare out a bit. I believe Porsche does this from the factory on all of their wide body 911s, and it's much needed on those cars.

GOOD SUGGESTION. I HADN'T EVEN CONSIDERED THAT AREA

I don't see why you would do it in front of the rear wheel? Am I missing something? Wouldn't behind the wheel be better since the rocks get thrown back by the tires? I know in my car that's what happens. The front looks fine but the back is always dirty and scratched from rocks

My car has this on the rear fender as well, but I have a narrow body. Maybe it's an option or something, cause my friend has it on his NB also but in matte black. That being said, you would only really need to clear bra that part of the car if you Are running really wide wheels or spacers because it will kick the dirt up and hit the rear fender. I had this problem on my e90 M3 w 15mm spacers. Do you have this issue on yours? IT drove me nuts. Car wash kept it clean for 10 minutes.

Also, my friend bought a used S4 with half the hood clear bra'd and it looked piss yellow after some time. When he tried to remove it, it was taking the paint off with it. It's something to consider, but if you have factory paint it shouldn't be an issue. The previous owner had some **** paint job done to the front of the car and clear bra'd it right away. My friend had no idea.

Last edited:
Looking at a list of random cars. I was looking at the E90 M3, but then I realized I would probably never use its full potential.

Instead I am looking for a comfy spacious car. Looking at the Audi C7 A6 3.0T, BMW 535i or 550i, Audi Q5 3.0T. Any other suggestions to add? Obviously looking for something with luxury and a nice hint of power. Tune-able would be a plus, and all three that I listed can be tuned for more power fairly easy.

Anyone with experience with those three? :nerd:

Might as well lol. Also the door cups are a really good area to cover.

Yes, this is one is a really smart one to do. I have these done also. Maybe I can take pics tomorrow of everything when the suns out.

Yup hate those nail scratches that will never come out over time. Only thing I hate about it is that it's visible on mine since I don't have the entire door covered.

More pics?

Id be so pissed if I had to drill on my front bumper just for a damn state issued plate :stoneface:

More pics?

Id be so pissed if I had to drill on my front bumper just for a damn state issued plate :stoneface:

DOUBLE SIDED 3M TAPE IS YOUR FRIEND. :wink:

FRONT PLATE IS REQUIRED IN TEXAS BUT I'M NOT GONNA DO IT. NEVER PUT ONE ON MY GT OR MACH 1 AND NEVER HAD AN ISSUE.

My car has this on the rear fender as well, but I have a narrow body. Maybe it's an option or something, cause my friend has it on his NB also but in matte black. That being said, you would only really need to clear bra that part of the car if you Are running really wide wheels or spacers because it will kick the dirt up and hit the rear fender. I had this problem on my e90 M3 w 15mm spacers. Do you have this issue on yours? IT drove me nuts. Car wash kept it clean for 10 minutes.

Also, my friend bought a used S4 with half the hood clear bra'd and it looked piss yellow after some time. When he tried to remove it, it was taking the paint off with it. It's something to consider, but if you have factory paint it shouldn't be an issue. The previous owner had some **** paint job done to the front of the car and clear bra'd it right away. My friend had no idea.

WAS HIS CAR GARAGE KEPT? COULD BE RELATED TO WHEN THAT CLEAR BRA WAS INSTALLED. THE FILMS HAVE REALLY IMPROVED A LOT. SUPPOSEDLY THE NEW ONES DO NOT YELLOW. ALSO, IT WAS NEVER THE FILM ITSELF WHICH YELLOWED, IT WAS THE GLUE. I GUESS THEY WERE USING THE SAME GLUE NIKE WAS USING IN THE CONCORD 11'S :lol:

Still here with my Camaro and I'm ready to sell it |I

I love it but I'm ready to not have a car payment and I want to learn how to drive stick so now I'm in the market for either:

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

And if I don't get a stick, I'm looking at a SVT Lightning or F-Body. Trying to stay under 10k. Is this likely? And for the bigger/taller gents who possibly own these vehicles, how's the fit?

Thanks

I love it but I'm ready to not have a car payment and I want to learn how to drive stick so now I'm in the market for either:

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

And if I don't get a stick, I'm looking at a SVT Lightning or F-Body. Trying to stay under 10k. Is this likely? And for the bigger/taller gents who possibly own these vehicles, how's the fit?

Thanks
Loving those options

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

Thanks

04 GTOs seem to be coming down in price since 1st year and 5.7 LS in them instead of 6.0.
06s seem to be around 18k-20k range depending.

I've been looking for a 02 WS6 for like half a year now. Prices seem outrageous. Guys are wanting like 18-20k for em. But I'm kind of picky and want lower miles.
I can't find anything local.

Location probably makes a difference too for prices.

Miles scare you?

Last edited:
Still here with my Camaro and I'm ready to sell it
tired.gif

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

Thanks
You can get a c5 corvette for fairly cheap now

Back
Top Bottom