\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Wow, that's so lame.

Im honestly shocked that i haven't had any complaints with my Turbo. The cold start is so obnoxiously loud that it even bothers me when I'm in the garage with it. I actually tried to have my tuner remove the cold startup process but he said the software won't allow doing that anymore for some reason. 

The old couple directly across from us actually mentioned something to my girlfriend but they're pretty cool and she made it sound like they were just pointing it out but didn't seem bothered by it. They said "we thought the BMW was loud but then he got the Porsche and that one sounds like it's inside our house when it starts" :lol:
Yea, I couldn't believe it! There's a lot of old people living around here that apparently have nothing better to do but to call the cops :smh: . Keep your eye out on that old couple :lol:

Yeah old people have nothing to do but gardening, eat, sleep, and the rest of their day they watch people in the neighborhood :lol: there's this old dude that just stares me down any time I'm outside it's kinda creepy actually

Yeah old people have nothing to do but gardening, eat, sleep, and the rest of their day they watch people in the neighborhood
laugh.gif

Too real 
laugh.gif

The old couple i was talking about was actually outside gardening when they said something to my girlfriend about the car

And now they been outside everyday working on making a rock path next to their sidewalk for the last couple weeks. 

I see nt has shifted from bmw to porsche

I've appreciated porsche more and more over the years

didn't think they were that special as a kid

but I think about em a lot now
Same.

The dedication to the shape and design is what does it for me. I like when a car stays true to its history while still updating over time. Porsche has accomplished this pretty damn well. 

Audi Q5

Audi A3 Hatch

VW Tiguan

VW Touareg
Infiniti FX35

Looking for something similar in these classes. I'm 6'3" and live in New England, so comfort and AWD performance are priorities. Any advice?

So I have a rough idle at startup that goes away once it warms up. Cel is on turns out I have a misfire cylinder 7. Plugs were replaced 10k miles ago with the stock motorcrafts. could it be a bad plug? Or should I replace the coils?

I see nt has shifted from bmw to porsche

I've appreciated porsche more and more over the years

didn't think they were that special as a kid

but I think about em a lot now
Same.

The dedication to the shape and design is what does it for me. I like when a car stays true to its history while still updating over time. Porsche has accomplished this pretty damn well. 
And the performance they achieve from a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder is mind blowing.  

For a car that will cost sticker around $130k, look at the price range of the only cars that are beating it around a track (Leaderboard at 6:18 in the video) 
eek.gif

So I have a rough idle at startup that goes away once it warms up. Cel is on turns out I have a misfire cylinder 7. Plugs were replaced 10k miles ago with the stock motorcrafts. could it be a bad plug? Or should I replace the coils?

Damn I didn't know the 4.6 had that problem too. Mine threw me a p0300 (random misfire) code but it was running fine. I cleared it and it hasn't popped up since, but I did some research and I guess it's pretty common on the earlier 5.0 and some ecoboosts

Damn I didn't know the 4.6 had that problem too. Mine threw me a p0300 (random misfire) code but it was running fine. I cleared it and it hasn't popped up since, but I did some research and I guess it's pretty common on the earlier 5.0 and some ecoboosts
Mine was po307 and po316
It popped up a few months ago but it went away the same day so I just left it :lol:
I went ahead and ordered MSD coil packs which I was gonna replace anyway as an upgrade. Hopefully the spark plug isn't out too cause they're a pain in the *** to change on these engines

Last edited:
Swap plugs first, if still misfiring then coils. Experienced the same thing before. The rough idle, is it going up and down steady then stops?

Any
Mine was po307 and po316
It popped up a few months ago but it went away the same day so I just left it :lol:
I went ahead and ordered MSD coil packs which I was gonna replace anyway as an upgrade. Hopefully the spark plug isn't out too cause they're a pain in the *** to change on these engines

Damn I guess its all Ford engines. My Expedition is a ***** to change plugs in too.

[quote namel="Nawzlew" url="/t/266081/post-your-car-vol-been-a-minute/56070#post_28052818"]
i dont think its that slow :lol:[/quote]

Listed at 306hp...in actuality you maybe getting 245whp - 255whp at a 20% drivetrain loss for awd.

Slow for a V6

40K you coulda got a ....

Last edited:
Oh damn. Sorry man. :x I been ok

Still active on NT but not in the in shape thread anymore lol

I thought you had retired from nt for a sec

Last edited:
Oh damn. Sorry man. :x I been ok

Still active on NT but not in the in shape thread anymore lol

I thought you had retired from nt for a sec

I have. Went through some personal issues.

My attention is shifted in a direction, too lol. You can never truly leave NT though.

You got to still lift bro!! You were getting better with time.

Last edited:
In terms of what? Looks? Or performance?

Aftermarket mods is far more feasible on that Evo than those slow *** Lexus...
In terms of being a better DD inside and out. Who cares if theres more aftermarket mods. Those Lexus aren't slow. They perform well for what they are. A sporty luxury coupe. Completely different classes were talking about. 

Back
Top Bottom