\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This is a good car, someone here buy it!

Whats next fam? 
nerd.gif

Man I have no idea honestly, I have a lot of things I want to test drive first.

Current list is:

ISF

GS F Sport

C63 AMG coupe or sedan

CTS V coupe or sedan

I really want a C63 for some reason but I can get the best deal on a GS probably and it will have the lowest miles but its a boat so I know ill miss the pick up of the M more. I wish Lexus had a newer IS F.

his post said he'd entertain trades for a Lexus IS F , GS F Sport, C63 AMG, CTS V etc.

the m3 really is underwhelming for the amount of love it gets everywhere, but i'd still take it over the lexus options.
I agree with the underwhelming in terms of power but thats about it, but it does get a crazy amount of D riding. 

You used to have a C63 right? I like the coupe but want to see one in person, it looks short and girly kind of.

i had a sedan. ended up selling it and getting a coupe. discovered it had some nice power mods that i didn't know about before i bought it so that was a pleasant surprise.

have you driven one yet? by far the best bang for your buck in this segment imo since they detune the engine so much from factory and it's so simple to open it back up.

i do think the m3 is the best looking car out of those you listed though, but i put a bigger spoiler and a front lip on mine so it helped a little bit i guess :/

i had a sedan. ended up selling it and getting a coupe. discovered it had some nice power mods that i didn't know about before i bought it so that was a pleasant surprise.

have you driven one yet? by far the best bang for your buck in this segment imo since they detune the engine so much from factory and it's so simple to open it back up.
Nah I gotta get behind the wheel of one soon. You have any pictures of yours?

I really like this one but want less miles.

http://www.metrolinaautogroup.com/2012_MercedesBenz_CClass_Charlotte_NC_10070749.veh

Fellas been looking at getting this 2008 M3. I offered him $23k, but clutch never been done and throttle body actuators never been changed. Has 90k miles on it, am I tripping?

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/6090207211.html

I'll sell you my 09 with 92k with better quality mods, CF roof etc that runs just as good as any other car in here for $25k.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21754682#post21754682

wait you have a full FI exhaust and never bothered to post a sound clip???? :x :x :x theres not a lot of vids on youtube either :lol:
one of the best sounding exhausts for da e92 m3 :pimp:

Last edited:
I had made a list of options I wanted for sure:

P31
Keyless Go
Backup camera (just because I never had one before)
CF interior trim
Red interior

I found a car with all of those except the red interior. Looking back on it, I wouldn't care about the p31 so much just because you can always get a tune for pretty cheap which I did again anyway. The keyless go is pretty cool. Backup camera isn't necessary. Always wanted cf trim before, but now that I have it, it's just whatever. Still wish I had gotten the red interior.

I think you can find one around the same price with lower mileage, but it depends on how far you're willing to travel. I almost flew from dc to Miami to get one, but then found one I liked a little more in NJ instead.

Last edited:
See. This is what people on forums won't admit, that the M3 is underwhelming in terms of power, because that's how I've felt after just reading up more lol.

I've been debating just copping a 335is and transferring over my mods. I just really been wanting to have a manual trans for a while.

im gonna dig for the pictures soon.
See. This is what people on forums won't admit, that the M3 is underwhelming in terms of power, because that's how I've felt after just reading up more lol.

I've been debating just copping a 335is and transferring over my mods. I just really been wanting to have a manual trans for a while.
underwhelming? compared to what? 

e92 m3 > e46 m3 > 335i or 335xi

theres a reason why we pay premiums for M cars. 

Power isn't everything. I'd take a stock M3 over a 700hp 335i. And as the guy above stated, Id go E46 M3 over a 335i as well.

Similar situation with my own car. Even with my 911 turbo which is fast as hell and I love, I'd still much rather have a GT3.

Power isn't everything. I'd take a stock M3 over a 700hp 335i. And as the guy above stated, Id go E46 M3 over a 335i as well.

Similar situation with my own car. Even with my 911 turbo which is fast as hell and I love, I'd still much rather have a GT3.

what year is your 911 :nerd:

exactly. 

everyone is always worried about HP

the extra HP is nice but how often are you on straight roads? 

even your high way will have some turns in it. 

not to mention youll have to spend that extra money youre saving on buying and installing an LSD into your 335 just to keep up with the e92 on turns. 

M3 is a track car, not a drag car. 

btw GT3 is on the hit list for me

got rid of my 83' SC about a year ago 
frown.gif

still have a project 75 targa that was factory gold i have to finish. 

nice little resto project.

Not sure if I ever showed you guys this, but our shop has been building a 63 continental convertible. I think it came out awesome with the blacked out chrome and the Detroit steel wheels. Still needs some finishing touches but it's about done. I really like this car.

im gonna dig for the pictures soon.

underwhelming? compared to what? 
e92 m3 > e46 m3 > 335i or 335xi

theres a reason why we pay premiums for M cars. 

The fact there's only so much you can do with modding one, without getting it boosted or cosmetic wise.

I get it full and well why you'd own one, I still want it a lot. But I don't track my car or have friends that do. No good roads around either to really enjoy the M3 for real, and yes majority of my driving is on straight *** roads lol. Just a simple enthusiast who's seen my 335i go from boring to drive to pretty damn fun seeing what a tune and other performance mods can do to a turbo'd car.

This right here. You obviously can't compare tuning power of forced induction to NA. If you're into to just straight line drag, sure, more HP will always be beneficial. But the M3 is so much more than that. The way you can attack the track with that car isn't the same as a 335. Different strokes for different folks. Plus the m3 will hold its value over time.

That's why I'm not head over heels over the hellcats or demons. Lots of power but I rather take a Pawsha GT3 any day of the week. All the engineering that goes into that car to make it the perfect track car

what year is your 911
nerd.gif

got rid of my 83' SC about a year ago 
frown.gif

That's awesome man, what generation GT3 do you have your eye on?

Sounds like you've had some cool cars.  An aircooled 911 is definitely something i need to own at some point.

e46 over a recent 335? 
eek.gif

It's nice to see we have a wide range of opinions in here

what year is your 911 :nerd:

got rid of my 83' SC about a year ago :frown:

Sounds like you've had some cool cars.  An aircooled 911 is definitely something i need to own at some point.

pics my dude, I loved that car from 2008-2011. jelly :smokin :smokin :smokin

Man til like 2 weeks ago I been absent from this thread for over a war and even then I would enter sparingly

And that's a bad *** car man, love the wheels :pimp: props

e46 over a recent 335? 
eek.gif

It's nice to see we have a wide range of opinions in here
e46 m3 yes. 

year difference aside, any M car is a superior platform. 

this makes the argument a bit more practical as well

being that you will be able to find both a e46 and a 335 at similar prices vs an e92. 

perfomance wise the e46 will drop a better time on a lap. 

and after 2nd gear... good luck trying to keep up on a straight line. 

you can turbo an e46 for 10-12k (hpf kits are still around)

superchargers are relatively cheap

looks is just a matter of opinions.

(also yes, newer cars may seem more reliable but in the grand scheme of things all cars are mechanical and will break.

plus tuning a car out of its stock build will always drive down reliability )

if were talking cons of owning a M car.... maintenance cost and ride stiffness... may not be super enjoyable to drive a car whos wheels fly off the ground if you hit the right angle at the right speed or feels like itll crack in half if you hit a pot hole.

997 has my attention as of right now. 

996(face lifted) is nice but i like how the turbo looks more for that body style (performance aside)

ive had the blessing of owning some interesting cars, maybe one day ill post up some pictures i have stored. 

i had a bit of an air cooled obsesion at one point

- manx buggy

- 59 bug

- 64 bug

- 83 SC

- and my current targa. 

almost made a deal with a local guy for his white 97' 993 he offered it on a phone call for 20k i told him it was sold just come drop it off (i saw the car being driven around a few times, needed no details on it) but he never showed up. he was strapped for cash and needed that quick money was selling an 850 as well i guess he sold that before the porsche deal went through and backed out of it.

still waiting for that call again 
mad.gif

wait you have a full FI exhaust and never bothered to post a sound clip????
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
theres not a lot of vids on youtube either
laugh.gif

one of the best sounding exhausts for da e92 m3
pimp.gif
Man ill get my girl to take a video for me soon, its loud as ***k 
laugh.gif

I love it but you cant even ride around all the time with the valves open, its too loud and if you roll the windows up the drone will make you want to kill yourself lol plus the price tag is ridiculous considering you can get a really nice setup for a third of the price.

Last edited:

e46 m3 yes. 

year difference aside, any M car is a superior platform. 

this makes the argument a bit more practical as well

being that you will be able to find both a e46 and a 335 at similar prices vs an e92. 

perfomance wise the e46 will drop a better time on a lap. 

and after 2nd gear... good luck trying to keep up on a straight line. 

you can turbo an e46 for 10-12k (hpf kits are still around)

superchargers are relatively cheap

looks is just a matter of opinions.

(also yes, newer cars may seem more reliable but in the grand scheme of things all cars are mechanical and will break.

plus tuning a car out of its stock build will always drive down reliability )

if were talking cons of owning a M car.... maintenance cost and ride stiffness... may not be super enjoyable to drive a car whos wheels fly off the ground if you hit the right angle at the right speed or feels like itll crack in half if you hit a pot hole.
E46s are just about holding their value better than E92s... you see a lot of them in the mid 20s still.

I don't see any FI being cheap for Ms cars personally, the only SC kit I would get would be the Harrop because it is actually street usable. It kicks in between like 4k-5k RPMS where as all the other kits are like 7k or some ****, I very rarely wind mine out that far, which is another reason I want to sell it. I would a more linear power band. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom