\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Could backfire if it leads to way less of the cars on market therefor the ones that are available will be priced even higher...

or...pump out GR numbers to squash da resellers.

And taint the image of the brand?

It just sounds like Porsche either needs to get over it, or this is the best option

Only solution is to do what ford did and hike the price on top of the application process so that there's little to no secondary market.

Releasing more 911's won't really do anything but take away the allure of the brand.

the GT4 RS is the ultimate hypebeast car atm. at one point it was the M4, then it was the Huracan, now the GT4/GT3 (next probably the Mclaren 570s, but we'll see). And all for good reason. Amazing cars, especially the Porsche. But theres a double edge to the situation and thats what Porsche is dealing with now. With every GT4 RS sold, theres a huge handful of people only buying them in order to get a GT3 RS. I remember watching a youtuber who copped GT4rs just to make sure he's in line for the GT3. Once that dropped, he was going to flip it and cop the GT3.

Long story short, his situation got ****** up on his order/downpayment and he still flipped the GT4 for a used GT3.

So at the end of the day people will find a way to work around the system.

If Porsche doesn't like it, they can always just do what Ferrari does. But at the expense of possibly doubling the price of their cars now... Maybe even making more issues.

Imagine if Mclaren required you to be a previous owner in order to own a 720s (if they don't already). You know how many people would just go out and cop a 570s? Just so they could be on line for the one they REALLY wanted (if they aren't already?). It doesn't seem to be hurting other manufactures. Not sure why porsche is so up tight about it. I get it, you don't want to see your amazing cars on pre owned showroom floors watering down the brand, but that money is still flowing like water.

Last edited:

And taint the image of the brand?
if da truck & Panamera didn't do it they got nothing to worry about.
laugh.gif
 that's a good point but I see what both of your are saying. 

I can see Porsche trying to get rid of resellers but at the same time if someone can get something like a 911R or 918 and make double and just get something else with that new pile of cash : more power to em . I know for a fact that 911R would no longer be in my possession if I had it. 

If Porsche doesn't like it, they can always just do what Ferrari does. But at the expense of possibly doubling the price of their cars now... Maybe even making more issues.

Imagine if Mclaren required you to be a previous owner in order to own a 720s (if they don't already). You know how many people would just go out and cop a 570s? Just so they could be on line for the one they REALLY wanted (if they aren't already?). It doesn't seem to be hurting other manufactures. Not sure why porsche is so up tight about it. I get it, you don't want to see your amazing cars on pre owned showroom floors watering down the brand, but that money is still flowing like water.

Porsche is way too big to be doing that :lol:.

Last edited:
or...pump out GR numbers to squash da resellers.

They can't. Production is at max capacity.

The reality is we're in a pretty big bubble right now. Strong markets + low interest rates are what's driving a lot of this demand, which is starting to slow down. There's a stupid amount of GT3s and GT3RSs for sale right now, none of which are selling. In my local market, the same 5-6 GT3s have been for sale for over 6 months. Once the .2 GT3 deliveries roll out, the situation is only going to magnify. Pay over sticker for any of the aforementioned cars and prepare to get burned.

wait, why are current Porsches reselling for doubling or triple.. I aint paying attention to whats releasing but damn

yeah, I never really saw porsches as being limited production vehicles, other than maybe like the RS.

wait, why are current Porsches reselling for doubling or triple.. I aint paying attention to whats releasing but damn

Nah not all current Porsches just the 911r. I first remember hearing about it around my birthday of last year so I might've been late but we'll say February '16 people were concerned about Porsche not offering manuals in their track focused cars because of inefficiency. So during the height of the hysteria Porsche invited people to buy the 911R( a stripped down purists car that's not the fastest but the most driver engaged) with deliveries for summer '16. Sold out immediately. As soon as deliveries got near and started to happen people wanted 7 figures but I believe only a couple realistically moved around the kinda high hundreds but eventuallysettled down to the 5s and 4s. that's still a good profit on a used car

That brings us to the current conversation of Porsche not being a fan of the R situation

GT3RS is also being sold 100 over sticker but more than one Porsche exec says they know that the GT3 and RS are underpriced and were pretty accurate on what the mark-up would be

Last edited:
Test driving some G37 sedans this week. What do you guys think looks better color wise between the 2 (Liquid Platinum and Black Obsidian)?

vs.

flyknitlvr flyknitlvr

I couldn't find msrp earlier today when I did some finagling to get the RS to show up in the configurator. Hopefully it takes a sharp drop so they're more available

I'd honestly wait for the 992 at this point. This thread has really piqued my interest in Porsche :lol:

They may be the most unique car manufacturer in existence

I'd honestly wait for the 992 at this point. This thread has really piqued my interest in Porsche :lol:

Been wanting a Porsche since I was a kid.

Had a GT2 poster over my bed as a kid I got from the book fair :rofl:

Definitely going to try and get one in the future.

I'm loving the Porsche wave on NT :smokin

I really want to get the panamera hybrid turbo s in the next 12 months but I also want to get a targa 4s but I want to see if they'll make a turbo version of it in the future .

@FLYKNITLVR

I couldn't find msrp earlier today when I did some finagling to get the RS to show up in the configurator. Hopefully it takes a sharp drop so they're more available

I'd honestly wait for the 992 at this point. This thread has really piqued my interest in Porsche
laugh.gif

There honestly is no comparison to Porsche.  Where are you going to find a car that has a combination of fast, capability on a track, comfortable, reliable and suitable for everyday driving?  

Even their SUVs are damn impressive.  At a Porsche driving experience, we took both the Cayenne and Macan around a Autocross track and the driving instructor kept telling me to push the car harder around the corners.  I was blown away and how well they handle for such a large and tall vehicle.  

Last edited:
I gotta agree. The Pcar driving experience is amazing. Did over 1k miles this past weekend. 

Didn't think I'd be saying this yet by I could go for a bit more power than the 355hp mine has. 

Back
Top Bottom