\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I need a second opinion on this . So my car has really bad UV paint damage and I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to change the paint on an 8 year old car . Thoughts ?

have you heard of plastidip? Ive been seeing online people are using that instead of painting their cars. They seem to like it

have you heard of plastidip? Ive been seeing online people are using that instead of painting their cars. They seem to like it

Yeah . I dipped my wheels . The thing I’m uneasy about with PD , is will it fully cover the uv damage ?

I need a second opinion on this . So my car has really bad UV paint damage and I’m wondering if it’s really worth it to change the paint on an 8 year old car . Thoughts ?
What kind of car? Most likely, probably not worth paying for a paint job. Wrapping it would be an option too

What kind of car? Most likely, probably not worth paying for a paint job. Wrapping it would be an option too
This. Except they'd probably have to sand some of it down to get a smooth surface if the uv damage ate through the clear coat

20170912_190935.jpg

Took a pic before it's dirty immediately.

Thinking about getting a new grille or maybe painting the intercooler black (can you do that?)

20170912_183938.jpg

Leasing is not the way to go unless you just like throwing money away or plan on buying it once the lease is up.

You let the first 1-2 owners take the depreciation hit that way you don't have to worry about negative equity.

Every car and person's situation is different when it comes to lease v. buy. I don't think you can make a general statement that leasing is 'not the way to go'. For some people and cars leasing is the way to go, and for others its not.

I can't think of a situation where it makes sense financially to lease cars for personal use, unless you just have money to blow. You're essentially just renting the car for 1-3 years, you are limited on mileage and the car has to remain stock or at least be returned to stock at the end of the lease.

I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money but to pay for something you're never going to even own does not make much sense to me.

Stay away. Way too many cars out there to buy one with a branded title. No one will touch it if you ever try to resale or trade it in, also I think some insurance companies won't give full coverage on one.

I can't think of a situation where it makes sense financially to lease cars for personal use, unless you just have money to blow. You're essentially just renting the car for 1-3 years, you are limited on mileage and the car has to remain stock or at least be returned to stock at the end of the lease.

I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money but to pay for something you're never going to even own does not make much sense to me.
If you are the type of person, like me, who doesn't put a lot of miles on their car, wants a new car every three years, and doesnt want to deal with maintence and associated costs then it absolutely makes sense. Obviously there are scenarios where a lease wouldnt work for me (e.g., a vehicle i want to build), but for my daily drivers that i dont plan on keeping for the life of the vehicle leasing works and has worked well for me.

If your in the car business and can't think of one then that's pretty sad

If your in the car business and can't think of one then that's pretty sad

I'm not in the leasing business. If you think its wise to make payments on something you'll never own then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Kind of funny this being NT and all where badge flossing is very frowned upon and leasing is damn near the same thing.

Please seek advice elsewhere - he clearly has no idea about what he speaks upon.

Leasing vs buying is all relative to the person.

It only took what, 3 posts for you to come out? Never change man, never change.

I can say it till I'm blue in the face but no one who gives good advice would suggest leasing cars over and over again, you should agree with that Mr homeowner.

Congrats on the baby by the way.

I'm not in the leasing business. If you think its wise to make payments on something you'll never own then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Kind of funny this being NT and all where badge flossing is very frowned upon and leasing is damn near the same thing.

Well overall a car investment is horrible whether you buy it or lease it, it's still a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom