\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Never leased however, my coworker swears by it because he doesn't want the maintenance issues of a German car. He lives 15 minutes from the job so he never goes over his miles. I don't think we have enough information to say whether a lease is good or bad in this situation. We can certainly provide cases where one is more of an advantage than the other.

For those that have leased or know what portions are negotiable?
Residual value?
Rate?
or just the price?

So never leased but MFRs usually set residual value. other 2 are negotiable

And for the love of all that is holy, please do not get got by the "monthly payment" sales approach

For those that have leased or know what portions are negotiable?
Residual value?
Rate?
or just the price?

Just the price, which can help you to bring the monthly payments down.
From what i understand residual value are from the banks, not dealership.

Bout to sign this 144 month 0 down lease on a gallardo :nthat: Had my boy at the dealership look out for me

Again...if youre gona lease, DONT do down payments. It will not affect anything in the deal. Youre wasting your money.

23kidd 23kidd Never heard that but just did some reading and it makes sense. :lol: Dealers are supposed to exist for the benefit of the customer but I'm not sure how well that's actually working

Buy car for $50K, sell it 4 years later for $30K. You paid $20K for 4 years of use.

Lease same car for 4 year term, $400/mo. You paid $19,200 for 4 years of use.

Lease cost you less in this example (random numbers to keep the math simple).

Decision relies on additional factors of course. Also it seems this thread isn't the best outlet to discuss finance concepts:lol:

after them 4 years the guy that financed a car doesnt have a car note anymore huge difference vs the dude thats still leasing the car note never stop for him

23kidd 23kidd Never heard that but just did some reading and it makes sense. :lol: Dealers are supposed to exist for the benefit of the customer but I'm not sure how well that's actually working

Dealers are all corrupt. Lets put it that way.

Also another trick on getting a loweer price when buying/leasing is to go on a rainy day.

Rain hides imperfections though.

True. So this is where you do your research first. Look it up online on their website, carfax and then when u walk in play dumb with the salesman like you never seen the car.
Or have ur boy go to the dealership to look at the car himself and tell u if anything is off.

I just bought a C63 and had a pretty horrible buying experience actually. I'll never stick up for dealerships not being shady again.

How does leasing cost less?
After four years according to your example u sell one for 30k while the lease u return back to the dealership. So at the end of the day u have 30k in ur pocket compared to 0 with the lease.

This is stupid. Your not spending the 30k in the first place.

after them 4 years the guy that financed a car doesnt have a car note anymore huge difference vs the dude thats still leasing the car note never stop for him

Ok I'll bite:

Let's say you keep the car you bought for 4 more years, paid $5000 in Maint/repairs overall, and then sell it for $10K.

You then paid $50K+$5K-$10K=$45K to drive it for 8 yrs total.

Or you entered another 4-year lease, $400/month.

You've paid $19,200 + $19,200 = $38,400 to drive two different cars for 8 yrs total.

Used numbers that are easy to work with, but they're certainly reasonable. Looks like leaser came out ahead. Again.

Ok I'll bite:

Let's say you keep the car you bought for 4 more years, paid $5000 in Maint/repairs overall, and then sell it for $10K.

You then paid $50K+$5K-$10K=$45K to drive it for 8 yrs total.

Or you entered another 4-year lease, $400/month.

You've paid $19,200 + $19,200 = $38,400 to drive two different cars for 8 yrs total.

Used numbers that are easy to work with, but they're certainly reasonable. Looks like leaser came out ahead. Again.

THESE NUMBERS ARE NOT REASONABLE. $400/MO LEASE ON A $50K CAR WITH 0 DOWN, I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING. ALSO, A $50K CAR DEPRECIATING TO $10K IN 8 YEARS IS ALSO NOT BELIEVABLE UNLESS ITS A PIECE OF SH*T. THE 2013 GT500 CAME OUT 4-5 YEARS AGO AND IS STILL IN THE $40K RANGE. TO SAY THAT CAR WILL BE $10K IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS IS NUTS.

THESE NUMBERS ARE NOT REASONABLE. $400/MO LEASE ON A $50K CAR WITH 0 DOWN, I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING. ALSO, A $50K CAR DEPRECIATING TO $10K IN 8 YEARS IS ALSO NOT BELIEVABLE UNLESS ITS A PIECE OF SH*T. THE 2013 GT500 CAME OUT 4-5 YEARS AGO AND IS STILL IN THE $40K RANGE. TO SAY THAT CAR WILL BE $10K IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS IS NUTS.

Can you even lease a gt500? This is more towards german cars and the 60k kias that arent worth bubblegum after you drive them off the lot

Here is one. I think these start at 55-60k. 3 years later selling for low 30s so dealers probably give you 25 if your lucky on a trade in.

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...iceDESC&startYear=1981&mmt=[KIA[KIAK900[]][]]

I would research the car you are buying and how he holds its value before make the decision between leasing and buying. Two different cars can be totally different.

Example-I bought my Challenger in 13 new for 28500.

I sold it 32 months later for 23500 I and I only owed 19000ish on it.

I cleared 4500. My payments were 475 a month

475 X 32= 15200

15200-4500=10700

10700/32=334

So my true cost of ownership was 334 a month or 10700 over 32 months

Now most cars don't hold their value like that but most trucks, v8 muscle cars and some suvs do.

Appliance cars and most luxury cars pummet in value

Can you even lease a gt500? This is more towards german cars and the 60k kias that arent worth bubblegum after you drive them off the lot

Here is one. I think these start at 55-60k. 3 years later selling for low 30s so dealers probably give you 25 if your lucky on a trade in.

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=462655335&endYear=2018&pageLayout=list&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&startYear=1981&mmt=[KIA[KIAK900[]][]]

ANYBODY BUYING THOSE ARE FOOLS. THE CAR IS OVERPRICED. SHOULD BE A $25K CAR MAX.

If I'm interested in a jeep Cherokee, and it states on their website that a 3,499 down payment is due, what can I do to get that monthly rate? MSD?
SmartSelectImage_2017-09-14-08-34-20.png

Back
Top Bottom